We Need To Talk About Mel

Devon Malcolm

Joe gets pissed gets no response from Mel, so goes crazy and writes the worlds longest letter, confirming that Mel is a loose cannon and an anti semite, both of which were known anyway?

If Joe had mentioned 'The Jewish Braveheart' one more time I might have told him to shut the fuck up. Clearly the script means a lot to him, but the reaction is way ott, plus do these people not have phones/email etc?

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
What do you think is the most offensive?

I'm torn between his vile mysoginistic and racist rants, or the film The Patriot. I think The Patriot just edges it..

Just behind What Women Want.

I think people are reading too much into Eszterhas's reason for leaking this. CLEARLY he's bitter about it all and it's a pretty cynical thing to do. CLEARLY he's a shitty writer, we all know that. CLEARLY Gibson is a nutter but we all already knew that, too.

The point about this is that it's an absolutely brilliant read and, one way or another, one of the most mental things I have ever seen.

• Moderators
What do you think is the most offensive?

I'm torn between his vile mysoginistic and racist rants, or the film The Patriot. I think The Patriot just edges it..

Just behind What Women Want.

I think people are reading too much into Eszterhas's reason for leaking this. CLEARLY he's bitter about it all and it's a pretty cynical thing to do. CLEARLY he's a shitty writer, we all know that. CLEARLY Gibson is a nutter but we all already knew that, too.

The point about this is that it's an absolutely brilliant read and, one way or another, one of the most mental things I have ever seen.

Yeah, the reasoning behind it - "Oh, he's just bitter his shitty script isn't getting made!" - doesn't matter at all. Look at the GOLD inside that letter.

angry-mel-gibson.jpg

"WHY DO I LOOK SO OLD!? CURSE YOU GOD FOR MAKING ME THIS WAY! (you and your Kike son)"

Cristal Connors: You have great tits. They're really beautiful.

Nomi Malone: Thank you.

Cristal Connors: I like nice tits. I always have, how about you?

Nomi Malone: I like having nice tits.

Cristal Connors: How do you like having 'em?

Nomi Malone: What do you mean?

Cristal Connors: You know what I mean.

Nomi Malone: I like having them in a nice dress, or a tight top.

$2 million that cost.

Cristal Connors: You have great tits. They're really beautiful.

Nomi Malone: Thank you.

Cristal Connors: I like nice tits. I always have, how about you?

Nomi Malone: I like having nice tits.

Cristal Connors: How do you like having 'em?

Nomi Malone: What do you mean?

Cristal Connors: You know what I mean.

Nomi Malone: I like having them in a nice dress, or a tight top.

$2 million that cost.

It's all about the delivery, which succeeds in getting across the subtext to the scene, which is that Cristal likes pussy and is trying to see how Nomi reacts to a subtle come-on.

Now, I've not met many showgirls, so I don't know exactly how they talk, but I have known a few strippers in my time, and they spend a lot of time talking about tits, so I don't think it's too bad.

Having finally watched Showgirls all the way through last weekend, I can't put it up there as some campy fun cult classic, and that's in spite of the fact that I watched it with a friend and both of us found it absolutely hysterical. I don't think I could ever watch it again. Elizabeth Berkley's hair alone is much too out of control. Also, there's a fucking sequel?

For anyone interested, big Mel has replied. Unfortunately, it's not nine pages long. I notice how he's pointedly ended their correspondence at the end, likely to head off the possibly of this developing into a 'Stan'-type situation that ends with Danny Glover screaming in a trunk.

Joe,

I have your letter. I am not going to respond to it line by line, but I will say that the great majority of the facts as well as the statements and actions attributed to me in your letter are utter fabrications. I would have thought that a man of principle, as you purport to be, would have withdrawn from the project regardless of the money if you truly believed me to be the person you describe in your letter. I guess you only had a problem with me after Warner Brothers rejected your script.

I will acknowledge like most creative people I am passionate and intense. I was very frustrated that when you arrived at my home at the expense of both Warner Brothers and myself you hadn

Archived