The refs not looking.. 'twat'

Kaz Hayashi

• Paid Members

A two part question:

Firstly, what was/is your favurite foreign object that tended to get used as a weapon? Personally i would have to go with the double header of Boss mans Handcuffs and nightstick. I fucking loved the way he cuffed Jim Powers to the ropes and beat the shit out of him with the stick on the 'best of SNME' tape, and credit to Powers as he sold it incredibly well.

Secondly, the personalised foreign object is not used as much as it used to be. Late 80's and 90's were over ridden with wildlife, big scissors, salt etc, but times have changed and dragons don't seem to be required.

Saying that, can you think of a current WWE stars who could possibly use the aid of an accessory? Be original or re-hash an old favourite.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In my world Cody Rhodes still has the pretty boy gimmick and takes a handmirror to the ring.

He'd use it to keep his title. Make sure to hit people with the handle right on top of the head or back of the head as to not shatter the glass. Of course i would have Cody wrestle no DQ and falls count anywhere matches, so i could break the mirror as the finish on PPV.

• Paid Members
Daniel Bryan should start carrying around a copy of When Harry Met Sally.

You've Got Mail mate, and for the record I loved Miss Betsy as a weapon as used by Outlaw Ron Bass. Boss Man tops the chart with the nightstick though. I've always, always hated Triple H's sledgehammer.

• Paid Members
What was the most recent one that was used a lot?

The only thing I can remember off the top of my head is John Cena's chain, and before that Tripper's sledgehammer.

Finlay's Shilleilagh was pretty recent and it was definitely a proper personalised foreign object.

• Paid Members

I really liked the Sledgehammer that broke over the back of Vince's head. I appreciate they did it that way for maximum effect for the angle and wouldn't do it all the time, but it looked so much better than the usual hokey sledgehammer spot.

• Paid Members

I was looking at a current roster page to try and think of an answer for my 2nd question, I'll have to give it more thought as nowt is really springing to mind. I always thought Kane would look canny smart with chains, maybe clay with an old school boom box too.

When big show was having that knock out punch push (might still be) I liked the idea of him feuding with the likes of Cody or someone similar, and said person knocking big show out using a knuckle duster. The thing being that no one saw the knuckle duster and a story being developed around it.

In a match I reffed years ago, the heel was called Frenchy- a stereotypical Frenchman. The finish of the match called for me to be taken out and for him to use part of a French loaf to blind his opponent. It's not particularly plausible, but at least it fit the character and was fairly original.

And is there a more fitting 'FOREIGN' object?

Archived