The refs not looking.. 'twat'

Kaz Hayashi

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Either the best or worst foreign object was the use of flashpaper for a fireball, when it was used properly, it looked amazing and safe as houses. However, Hogan vs Warrior at Halloween Havoc 98 totally killed it for me.

Either the best or worst foreign object was the use of flashpaper for a fireball, when it was used properly, it looked amazing and safe as houses. However, Hogan vs Warrior at Halloween Havoc 98 totally killed it for me.

The worst one I recall was from a Mankind/Taker match from (I'm guessing here) around 1997 or possibly 1998? Mankind was supposed to "accidentally" hit Bearer in the face (while aiming for Undertaker) with the "fire" but the lighter wouldn't work, so they all just stood there awkwardly for a second or two. They tried again and failed, with the lighter f'ing up and eventually Taker just picked up the paper and the lighter (as plain as day), held it in Bearer's face and lit the bugger. The whole thing was a massive clusterfuck. Sure I've heard Mick talk about it, possibly on a Legends Of Wrestling Roundtable thing.

• Paid Members

The worst one I recall was from a Mankind/Taker match from (I'm guessing here) around 1997 or possibly 1998? Mankind was supposed to "accidentally" hit Bearer in the face (while aiming for Undertaker) with the "fire" but the lighter wouldn't work, so they all just stood there awkwardly for a second or two. They tried again and failed, with the lighter f'ing up and eventually Taker just picked up the paper and the lighter (as plain as day), held it in Bearer's face and lit the bugger. The whole thing was a massive clusterfuck. Sure I've heard Mick talk about it, possibly on a Legends Of Wrestling Roundtable thing.

IYH14, April 97 and the associated build.

Its the same PPV where Foley goes head first through a table.

IYH14, April 97 and the associated build.

Its the same PPV where Foley goes head first through a table.

IYH Revenge Of The Taker, I assume then. Cool, thanks for that. That headfirst spot was completely brilliant.

• Paid Members
IYH Revenge Of The Taker, I assume then. Cool, thanks for that. That headfirst spot was completely brilliant.

That was the first IYH I picked up on tape, from Ron's Video's in Barmouth, and was amazed by that table bit and I still am, it is just beautiful stuff.

Archived