General Video Game News Thread

Cobra1000

I know we've got an xbox and ps3 thread but i reckon this could work too for the multi platform stuff as well as other general stuff, anyway to kick things off heres a rather awesome looking...

Transformers - Fall of Cybertron Trailer.

Looks badass, I enjoyed the first game, although it wasn't spectacular. This looks like a step beyond and could well be a classic TF game.

Anyone got Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City?

It's not supposed to be that good but I love Resident Evil and from the play through video's I've seen it doesn't look that bad. Unfortunately I went into town yesterday my Gamestation has closed and HMV, Tesco and Game weren't selling it, any idea which stores have it in stock?

It's not supposed to be that good but I love Resident Evil and from the play through video's I've seen it doesn't look that bad. Unfortunately I went into town yesterday my Gamestation has closed and HMV, Tesco and Game weren't selling it, any idea which stores have it in stock?

Blockbuster, they even had a sign saying other shops didn't have it in stock.

Yes I have. Its the worst resident evil games ive played the 4/10 rating IGN gave it was quite generous. Everything about it is awful.

Basically Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City is not a capcom developed game it was developed by Slant Six who have only made some of the run of the mill Socom titles releases.

As for buying it. I would suggest to buy it online. As I mentioned its a pretty poor game but like you I'm a bit resi evil game and I had to play it anyway. Try play.com amazon ebay look on hotukdeals. I think Gamespot mentioned when you buy this game your really frustrated at game but angry at yourself for purchasing the game.

• Paid Members

In news I'm not sure is good or bad, Bioware are creating a new ending for Mass Effect 3 because the fans hated it so much. This is setting a new precedent I believe. In one way it's good for gamemakers to be able to fix things that are unpopular...but also I feel like when you have a creative vision you stick by it. I dunno'.

Saying that I haven't got to the end of Mass Effect 3 yet, maybe it really is so shit it needs a new one.

There was nothing wrong with any of the endings. It capped off the trilogy fine. Some fans are just total bitches.

The ending is a load of bollocks imo.

Anyway last I checked Bioware have not said anywhere that they are actually making a new ending that is just a the story being thrown about by people who didn't do their homework and all Bioware have said on the subject is that they are going to clear certain things up.

But I agree that this whole thing has been blown way out of proportion it's just a fucking game at the end of the day and EA/Bioware must be laughing all the way to the bank right now.

Games fans are such whiny beholden little shits. It's Bioware's creation and their story, they can end it any way they want. The most fans should do if they are unhappy with it is not buy their next game. To demand a total rewrite of the ending is just bollocks.

You don't get this with any other form of media, I can't see Stephen King rewriting a book ending because a small vocal subset of fans are moaning about it after publish.

• Moderators
You don't get this with any other form of media, I can't see Stephen King rewriting a book ending because a small vocal subset of fans are moaning about it after publish.

That's bollocks, that is. There's been a bunch of instances where I could point to a Director's Cut of a film having come out some time later, and the decision to do so having been heavily influenced by a vocal minority of fans.

And people complain about shit all the time in any media, regardless of whether anything gets done about it or not.

There was nothing wrong with any of the endings. It capped off the trilogy fine. Some fans are just total bitches.

For me the game was brilliant, so even though the ending was pretty bad at least the 30 odd hours before it were very enjoyable. I'm interested to hear why you thought the ending was decent though.

I thought Gamecentral did a good job with a fairly well thought write up on the problems with the ending without falling into bitchy territory:

http://www.metro.co.uk/tech/games/893751-t...midweek-feature

That's bollocks, that is. There's been a bunch of instances where I could point to a Director's Cut of a film having come out some time later, and the decision to do so having been heavily influenced by a vocal minority of fans.

And people complain about shit all the time in any media, regardless of whether anything gets done about it or not.

Some time later, using existing shot footage and at an added expense to the fan to view it. Not re-written and built from scratch from couple of months later for free.

I accept that there's vocal minorities in all forms of media, gaming just seems to have a more petty, greedy and beholden subset than most others. The fact that there are petitions and charities being set up to convince/force Bioware into complying is a huge insult to the studio who have committed years of their life to this series.

Archived