Football Documentaries and other belting stuff

IANdrewDiceClay

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators
I've always loved the rant at half time at Brentford away. So many gems. "None of you have done anything to justify the fucking money that you earn." I love Sitts. Even my non-football following wife knows who Sitton is, just by saying "that manager that you love." Seriously, give me a lottery win, I'll buy a non-league club and Sitts will be manager.

I'd pay the players extra on the quiet to play badly on purpose as well just so I could sit in on Sitton going absolutely mental.

Not a documentary, but the full season of the belting Fantasy Football World Cup 98, has been posted on Youtube. I remember the Dennis Leary one was funny as fuck. I bet its shit now, but I have memories of pissing mysides laughing at it.

http://www.youtube.com/user/shatmelegovx2

Haven't watched these yet but was this the season with the running joke about Maradonna's tiny cock hidden in a massive exotic bush? This, and the BBC2 show were classics. I've got the best of Unseen Fantasy Football on VHS and I love it. Geoff Astle's songs are something I used to be pretty much be asleep for when I was younger, but are really really funny now.

• Paid Members
Can't find this on youtube but I found a cracking yellow pages advert on the end of an old football match recently. Will upload tonight if I remember.

How cheesy is Graham Taylor's acting there? Good upload there Rick.

"I'm fucking Bertie Big Bollocks tonight, I'll play how I like!"

The Orient documentary really is a piece of television gold. The Sitton rants rank second in my all-time favourite managerial outbursts. First place HAS to be Alex Ferguson's furious rampage after Aberdeen beat Rangers 1-0 in the Scottish Cup final. The image of all his players running around celebrating their victory as Fergie blows a gasket about their performance is legendary. Can't seem to find it on YouTube so if any of the Dons fans can provide us with it that'd be great.

• Paid Members

The Orient documentary really is a piece of television gold. The Sitton rants rank second in my all-time favourite managerial outbursts. First place HAS to be Alex Ferguson's furious rampage after Aberdeen beat Rangers 1-0 in the Scottish Cup final. The image of all his players running around celebrating their victory as Fergie blows a gasket about their performance is legendary. Can't seem to find it on YouTube so if any of the Dons fans can provide us with it that'd be great.

Go on then...About 2:20 in...

Bearing in mind Aberdeen had also won the European Cup Winners Cup ten days previously. God bless you Fergie.

• Paid Members

It's Jock Brown commentating I think.

I'm only old enough to remember the late 80's after Fergie left but I've seen a fair bit of stuff from the early 80's Aberdeen team on video and the team really was something special. There is plenty of stuff from that era knocking about like Team Of The Decade, Glory Of Gothenburg and 20 Greats Over 20 Years - as well as stuff that had been recorded by forward thinking guys like the one that runs that account.

It really grates that guys like Davie Provan and his media cronies dismiss them as a dirty team just because we had Rougvie and Neale Cooper - conveniently ignoring great, skillful players like Dougie Bell, Stewart Kennedy, Peter Weir and Gordon Strachan - as well as arguably the best goalkeeper/centre halves combo in the history of Scottish football.

Anyway....

Instantly quotable to almost every Aberdeen fan... :love:

"Can you blame the man for going out of his mind temporarily?"

"...and that is a magnificent goal for Aberdeen!"

"Pittodrie GOES BERZERK!"

"Well the Belgians had never seen Dougie Bell play before...."

"Snelders pulls off the save of the match!!"

"And once again Leighton is Aberdeens hero"

"Jocky Scott on the track.......the long throw did ALLLLLL the damage!!"

"Nicholas.....pulls it back to MASON................"

I dunno what this is from, but

delivering an amazing half-time rant at his Huddersfield team, peaking when he bizarrely accuses one of his players of being 'in fucking Latvia!'

And here's an Alex Ferguson documentary from the mid-90s. He generally comes across as a decent enough chap. Also, we learn that he's terrified of dying and a 'lousy' dancer.

Go on then...About 2:20 in...

Bearing in mind Aberdeen had also won the European Cup Winners Cup ten days previously. God bless you Fergie.

Thats the first I've seen that Fergie interview. Absolutely brilliant.

• Paid Members
Not a documentary, but the full season of the belting Fantasy Football World Cup 98, has been posted on Youtube. I remember the Dennis Leary one was funny as fuck. I bet its shit now, but I have memories of pissing mysides laughing at it.

http://www.youtube.com/user/shatmelegovx2

Haven't watched these yet but was this the season with the running joke about Maradonna's tiny cock hidden in a massive exotic bush? This, and the BBC2 show were classics. I've got the best of Unseen Fantasy Football on VHS and I love it. Geoff Astle's songs are something I used to be pretty much be asleep for when I was younger, but are really really funny now.

i never saw much of Fantasy Football when it was on :( but i got a DVD of the 'Best of the World Cup 02' series, ive watched it around 20 times, it's great.

In The Hands of The Gods is a must see too, surprised it hasn't been mentioned yet. Doc. about a group of freestyle footballers trying to busk their way to Brazil to meet Maradonna. Brilliant.

Archived