NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

Well, they can give them a tryout doesn't mean they have to sign them.

Oh yeah, obviously.

But it just goes to show that their (apparent) dodgy tendencies have not put WWE off having a look. I think those tryout camps are by invite only. You'd think they'd vet people better before wasting everyone's time, if the racist/homophobic stuff is true.

I think I've only heard them talk once and they sounded like genuine inbred hill people.

I think some are invite only and some are attendee's pay. I'm sure JR posted something along those lines once. I'm sure WWE would still let someone attend if they were willing to stump up the cash.

You are assuming the Brothers Briscoe understand the concept of 'money'. I have my doubts.

(And even if they do, they probably don't have any of it)

Probably sponsored by Westboro Baptists Church

Yeah, like his flip out of the corner he did once, where as before he did two. He still looked good and they put him over well on commentary. Has he wrestled since then?

Spoilers for the next few weeks of NXT:

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

There's a tag tournament starting next week (I think) to crown the first NXT Tag Champs. Adrian Neville and his partner Oliver Grey won a couple of matches and are now in the finals against the Wyatt Family

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

He's also been main evening NXT house shows.

he's obviously been told to tone it down, like is to be suspected.

Or been told/taught less is more. Did you see how the crowd reacted to his finisher? Would they have reacted that way if he'd already done 15 other flippy moves 2 minutes into the match (not that I'm saying that's what he usually does)

Yeah, but the crowd sound dead through out rest of the match. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying I want him to being lots of "flippy moves" but rather (without sounding too clich

• Paid Members
I didn't think much of Pac's debut, he's obviously been told to tone it down, like is to be suspected.

Yeah, like his flip out of the corner he did once, where as before he did two. He still looked good and they put him over well on commentary. Has he wrestled since then?

I enjoyed Regal calling him 'The Jumping Geordie' on commentary. Reckon it'll stick?!

Just recently caught up on all the episodes of NXT and it got me wondering one thing, why on earth are WWE seemingly so high on Bo Dallas?

He just appears to be the epitome of bland, not good on the mic and nothing special in the ring - plus his look doesn't do him any favours, especially his sex-pest creepy smile.

At least Wyatt is doing the Rotunda/Windham legacy good.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Last week's episode was pretty good. For those interested, the show opened with HBK in the ring to introduce a tournament to crown the inaugural NXT tag team champions. This was the segment that led to HHH, Nash, Waltman and Billy Gunn all coming down to the ring, although none of that actually aired, as I suspected it wouldn't.

My favourite new act The Wyatt Family beat the team of Percy and Yoshi. Really enjoying the Wyatt Family stuff so far. Hopefully they will eventually make it onto the main roster with the same gimmick, although it does perhaps feel better suited to the smaller setting of NXT.

The British team of Adrian Neville and Oliver Grey picked up a big win over 3MB. Big result that. Neville pinned Heath Slater with that corkscrew SSP, which resulted in about five slow motion replays. It really is a stunning move.

Conor O'Brian has retained The Ascension gimmick, without Kenneth Cameron, which I'm happy about. In a vignette he referred to himself as 'The True Ascension' and did a few funny faces. Cheesy as fuck, but I like that.

Corey Graves beat his old partner Jake Carter. He's looking good Graves and it seems that they are giving him a bit of a push as a singles guy. I worry that his size may hold him back, but he makes up for it with personality.

An enjoyable hour of wrestling, as usual.

Does anyone know the status of Wyatt? Is he still injured or are they happy to continue with him in a non-wrestler role? I like the Family gimmick but I enjoyed Wyatt more on his own, cutting promos on the way to the ring before squashing fuckers in seconds. It'll be interesting to see what they do with him if they call him up, I doubt the WWE think the Universe have the the smarts to get a relatively complex gimmick like that.

Some promising guys on the roster and the thing I like about it is that the WWE jobbers that turn up on it usually get beaten, establishing the guys credibility.

Despite his size I still think Cory Graves could be major player in the future. He's the most distinctive looking guy to come along in years, he's like the dodgy fuck leering at you from the back of the night bus. He's someone you can relate to the real world, which is what they need at the moment. Plus the chicks will go gooey for him.

Good to see Neville doing well although it's a shame he'll likely be lost in the shuffle of the undercard when he comes up. It'd be great to see a flashy high flyer get a solid mid card role.

• Paid Members

I always thought Sterling James Keenan looked like a cross between Jeff Hardy and CM Punk. If he still looks similar now as Cory Graves, the arenas will be filled with teenage girl screams whenever he shows up.

Does anyone know the status of Wyatt? Is he still injured or are they happy to continue with him in a non-wrestler role? I like the Family gimmick but I enjoyed Wyatt more on his own, cutting promos on the way to the ring before squashing fuckers in seconds. It'll be interesting to see what they do with him if they call him up, I doubt the WWE think the Universe have the the smarts to get a relatively complex gimmick like that.

I believe he wrestled on the latest tapings, though I can't remember where I read the damn spoilers sorry!

• Paid Members

Some promising guys on the roster and the thing I like about it is that the WWE jobbers that turn up on it usually get beaten, establishing the guys credibility.

Despite his size I still think Cory Graves could be major player in the future. He's the most distinctive looking guy to come along in years, he's like the dodgy fuck leering at you from the back of the night bus. He's someone you can relate to the real world, which is what they need at the moment. Plus the chicks will go gooey for him.

Good to see Neville doing well although it's a shame he'll likely be lost in the shuffle of the undercard when he comes up. It'd be great to see a flashy high flyer get a solid mid card role.

I agree with regards to Corey Graves , just has a real unique look and attitude about him which seems to be popular.

I always thought Sterling James Keenan looked like a cross between Jeff Hardy and CM Punk. If he still looks similar now as Cory Graves, the arenas will be filled with teenage girl screams whenever he shows up.

I was going to say the same, he could probably play a Jeff or Punk role quite well, but dunno if he'd just look like a 2nd rate Punk with both being their at the same time.

Can remember his match at (whispers) 1pw against Too Cold Scorpio being quite good in person -