WWE Kayfabe tees

IANdrewDiceClay

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I was expecting a "MINUS FIVE STARS" tee out of that lot. That would've been the perfect low-hanging fruit they're going for.

I love the fact that at the same time they are selling these t-shirts to make money from the insider 'marks' who think insider terminology is edgy and cool (1998 just called, etc), they are also confiscating anti-Cena signs from the same marks and trying their damndest to ensure everyone conforms to their definition of kayfabe at WM28, by not booing Cena out of the Sun Life Stadium.

Talk about sending mixed messages to the fanbase.

• Paid Members

That 'randy sicko' comment has chuckled me. As if anyone has ever used those words together. It's such a jarring juxtapostion of the cheeky and the disturbed. Like, imagine if Robin Askwith had been up that ladder peeping into the kid's bedroom, rather than the housewife's. Corrr!

i think, and this is probably because i own a tshirt from this place, in the states there is a tshirt company called GIMMICKS, a lady makes and sells wrestling related tshirts like these at Indy shows and they are pretty damn popular, infact i own one that reads "I <3 Heels" so i think this is wwe's responce to this tshirt company. they actually came out with a Future Endevoured tshirt before WWE came out with one and i prefer hers - http://gimickswrestlingtees.bigcartel.com/

• Paid Members
I know a lot of people are fixating on this 'randy sicko' part of the_original's post, what the fuck is all this heel/dog business?

I hope this isnt what he's getting at, but my theroy is that he was so into cracking a joke based on this t-shirt business, he couldnt think of what someone would say if they saw a t-shirt which read "heel", so he just thought "fuck it, I'll pretend it says 'kneel'". Hence the heel/kneel/dog gag. The_original strikes me as someone who doesnt mind going round the houses to get a joke to work.

• Paid Members
Heel is a command used in dog training, so there is actually a link there. Still not the greatest joke though in fairness.

Thats beyond subtle then. More chance of someone saying "did you work a house show program with Steamboat in the early 90s" than someone saying "are you a dog lol".

I love the fact that at the same time they are selling these t-shirts to make money from the insider 'marks' who think insider terminology is edgy and cool (1998 just called, etc), they are also confiscating anti-Cena signs from the same marks and trying their damndest to ensure everyone conforms to their definition of kayfabe at WM28, by not booing Cena out of the Sun Life Stadium.

Talk about sending mixed messages to the fanbase.

And yet they're selling Cena Sucks tshirts ..

Archived