WWE Kayfabe tees

IANdrewDiceClay

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Get them while you can, because the Observer said they are probably getting pulled over the nexted few days. Apparently, it was like the Sin Cara cock t-shirt, where this idea went through a load of different yes men without the people who would be angry seeing it, and when they did they had a kick off about it. Arn Anderson might have turned to drink again, over them.

I love the fact that at the same time they are selling these t-shirts to make money from the insider 'marks' who think insider terminology is edgy and cool (1998 just called, etc), they are also confiscating anti-Cena signs from the same marks and trying their damndest to ensure everyone conforms to their definition of kayfabe at WM28, by not booing Cena out of the Sun Life Stadium.

Talk about sending mixed messages to the fanbase.

And yet they're selling Cena Sucks tshirts ..

Completely different scenarios.

The chants are part of the show frankly. Every Raw I've been to in the last few years, you hear that bloody dual chant hours before the event in the arena. Its been acknowledged on commentary, in angles, in promos... Releasing a shirt that mongs will buy and chant in is a mute point.

These shirts however are just odd. They are not part of anything. They look shit and they serve no purpose. They don't push or promote an act, a company... nothing.

• Paid Members
These shirts however are just odd. They are not part of anything. They look shit and they serve no purpose. They don't push or promote an act, a company... nothing.

It's simply a money making endeavour by WWE. It serves the purpose of putting a few extra dollars in the piggy bank, nothing more. It has already been demonstrated that there is actually a market for shite like this.

Still, I wouldn't be surprised if Ian's post is true and that these get pulled soon.

I love the fact that at the same time they are selling these t-shirts to make money from the insider 'marks' who think insider terminology is edgy and cool (1998 just called, etc), they are also confiscating anti-Cena signs from the same marks and trying their damndest to ensure everyone conforms to their definition of kayfabe at WM28, by not booing Cena out of the Sun Life Stadium.

Talk about sending mixed messages to the fanbase.

And yet they're selling Cena Sucks tshirts ..

Completely different scenarios.

The chants are part of the show frankly. Every Raw I've been to in the last few years, you hear that bloody dual chant hours before the event in the arena. Its been acknowledged on commentary, in angles, in promos... Releasing a shirt that mongs will buy and chant in is a mute point.

Did you read what I replied to? I think you'll find my comment was completely right in context.

Archived