WWE Kayfabe tees

IANdrewDiceClay

Don't want to go OTT but these actually make me angry. It was a different, magical time but I can remember a period of thinking it was real. And have recently sat behind a kid and his dad at a wrestling show who made the comments i used to make, ("ok so it's not all real but that bit definitely was". "look he's bleeding").Having these on WWE shop is tantamount to telling 2 year olds Santa Claus doesn't exist. Are they so desperate for cash they have to exploit this stuff that should be beneath them. Is that too much considering we had the JOB squad in 99? They should at least have a "Mark" T shirt or don't they want to explain that one to the universe.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't see why people care so much. I agree the t-shirts themselves are pretty lame, and I don't like that they're calling them "Kayfabe Tees", but I do think it's okay for them to try and cater for the smarkier fan with such stuff. I mean, we're in kind of a weird age of wrestling, and seeing as the voice of the disgruntled older fan is being actively heard on television, they may as well try to appeal to (read: profit from) that half of the crowd in some way. I'm not gonna buy one, obviously, but I'd feel like less of an idiot wearing a t-shirt that says "HEEL" in public than I would with 90% of their cartoonish nonsense with massive dumb slogans. I dunno. It feels fairly in keeping with the kind of stuff you'd see in Top Man or something.

Yep I saw these and immediately thought of some of the (few) people I've met at signings and shows over the years who would LOVE these and happily buy them because, gosh darn, they are so "smart" while it will go over the heads of 99.99999999% of everyone who will still see the same smelly fat guy with awful facial hair going "Wooooooo" outside Harrods at 9am while wearing a championship replica belt around his waist at the age of 26. Absolute retards who make me so embarrassed to be stood next to them in a queue to anything.

Well done WWE on cashing in.

it wouldnt be wise to wear most of those, in England (apart from being just awful) but this is the English mate/pub talk reaction:

• Heel - are you a dog mate, lol
  • Jobber - what, a blow jobber, lol
  • I got Heat - you're a dog on heat, u randy sicko

Have you ever been to England?

it wouldnt be wise to wear most of those, in England (apart from being just awful) but this is the English mate/pub talk reaction:

I'll try and call someone in the pub a randy sicko later to see what reaction it gets, anything less than me being nutted and I think it should become a common phrase

• Paid Members

Yeah... Berkshire.

• Paid Members

Yeah... Berkshire.

*snigger*

Whilst no doubt pretty awful t-shirts, the terms Face and Heel are seemingly used a lot more on WWE DVDs these days so they aren't exactly confusing terms quite so much now.

Archived