WWE Wrestlemania XXVIII Discussion Thread

TildeGuy~!

• Paid Members

That should be plenty, shouldn't it? I think it's a great idea for WWE to bring in some established names on light schedules. It's enough dates to garner the interest in them, but still gives other guys on the roster opportunities to gain more exposure and attempt to become bigger names themselves. Brock is the one I'm excited about seeing back the most- him leaving is definitely one of the big reasons (perhaps the biggest reason) I stopped watching after Mania XX for a good 6 years or so. Although I was never that high on Batista, probably because I wasn't watching WWE at the time to fully appreciate him, I'm actually quite giddy at the thought of him coming back too.

That says a lot doesn't it, the star presence these guys have. It's hard to see the next crop of guys that have this presence, but I guess sometimes you don't see it in advance. Nobody saw it when that grinning Rocky Maivia drew 'Rocky sucks' chants in early 1997 I'm sure.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I want Sky Sports News to do a Soccer Saturday-esque running commentary special on it.

"Anything happening in the Jericho v Punk match, Paul?"

"Oh Jeff, well, Jericho's only gone and rammed Punk's 'ead into the beans on toast!"

• Paid Members

Jeff: "There's been a finisher in the match between Undertaker and Triple H, which ways it gone Matt?"

Le Tissier: "Oh, Jeff its a Tombstone, but Triple H is the one who's done it ... wait a second just stay with this ... OH! He kicked out. How's he managed it ..."

Phil Thompson: "OHHHH!"

Jeff: "Sorry Matt, Thommo's got some news?"

Thommo: "Me streams went down, Jeff".

I want Sky Sports News to do a Soccer Saturday-esque running commentary special on it.

"Anything happening in the Jericho v Punk match, Paul?"

"Oh Jeff, well, Jericho's only gone and rammed Punk's 'ead into the beans on toast!"

"Unbelievable scenes, Jeff. Big Mark has taken a fantastic tumble, Sim Snuka was completely out of position and Helmsley's hanging on for dear life. Still 19 nil."

• Paid Members
Nice scam by WWE. They've been plugging all day that they'll have "live coverage" of the hall of fame on Facebook. Turns out it's just a bloke posting notes rather than a live stream.

Maybe it was an early April Fools gag.

• Paid Members
Do they also read out the Ring Of Honor results as they happen?

Yeah, they run along the vidi-printer but don't get read out like the Welsh League scores.

• Paid Members
Jeff: So Rock-Cena has had a finish and it's a big win, but for who, Chris Kamara?

Chris: I don't know. Has there? I must have missed that. A finish?

Jeff: I don't know, you tell me, I was told there had been a finish.

Chris: Well I saw Lesnar run down to the ring, and then there was some confusion with the ref and I guess the finish came in all that. I'm sorry Jeff, I think I think I missed it.

Archived