WWE Wrestlemania XXVIII Discussion Thread

TildeGuy~!

Matt Bloom, who was New Japan's top foreign star as Giant Bernard, and had formerly wrestled as Prince Albert and A-Train in WWE, is scheduled to return to the promotion after WrestleMania.

The idea given was for him to be the henchman for John Laurinaitis.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I was thinking, does anybody think that the two money matches being babyface v babyface (with a babyface referee in one) will hurt the buyrate? Famously, they say you can't draw big with two faces going at it. The build has been decent (and there is still two Raws left) but both feuds have yet to cross the line into red hot territory. Maybe they won't, because they don't want their babyfaces attacking another over babyface.

• Paid Members

The main event isnt two faces, though. Both have fanbases which dislike the other. John Cena is the heel to those people shouting "Fruity Pebbles" and "No Balls" at him. It isnt like Warrior and Hogan, where they are forced into picking sides. A section of the buying public hate John Cena and want Rock to win. The otherside are John Cena fans who were chanting the unflattering "tooth fairy" at the Rock the other week. Nobody is expecting or demanding a handshake at the end of it. Its the first match in years where both sets of fans are absolutely desperate for the right result. Its a big match.

• Paid Members

The great thing about the Rock/Cena feud is that it's never been about heels and faces. In that sense it goes against the basic fundamentals of pro-wrestling booking, but it works because of the strength of the two established characters involved. Like Ian said, both have massive passionate fanbases already and those fans aren't about to boo for their guy just because he's being booked as a heel. It's a great, reality-based feud in that sense. At Mania, it will be like a football match, with The Rock playing at home and Cena as the visiting team. The resulting atmosphere will be amazing.

I do feel the Taker match would be hotter if HHH was a heel, though. The match has a big time feel, but lacks heat at the moment.

• Paid Members

I'm not convinced, myself. They've spent the past few weeks having Cena do stuff that isn't in keeping with the schtick that makes people hate him. They're trying their hardest to get Cena over with the audience The Rock brings (as they should), but I think it's hurting the dynamic.

• Paid Members

NEWM made a cracking post in a Raw thread the other week that said he felt Rock/Cena has more akin and perhaps based upon the Bret/HBK dynamic. I concurred with his sentiments entirely. It's definitely more Bret/HBK then Hogan/Warrior. I'm not sure following the last Raw but, from the few weeks previous i got the impression it was going in the direction of Cena being the one man who can get to The Rock and push his buttons, as one of Rocks biggest weapons, his destruction on the mic and put-downs with the crowd solidly behind him just simply don't phase Cena, he brushes it off and smirks in Rocks face and Rock becomes pissed and super-serious and stumbling over his words, etc.

Just a heads up.that the Rock/Cena special on Monday night will be airing on sky sports 3 over here during next week. First showing looks to be at half 8 Wednesday morning, then its repeated later that day too. Assume it'll be repeated some other times after that too.

Apparantly Flo Rida is performing Wild Ones and Good Feeling during The Rock's entrance. I really hope this is before he comes out to his usual music otherwise I will not be a happy!

Machine Gun Kelly is playing for Cena too (WWE.COM announced).

Lillian is singing 'America the Beautiful' too, not surprised after splashing out on Flo Rida.

Just a heads up.that the Rock/Cena special on Monday night will be airing on sky sports 3 over here during next week. First showing looks to be at half 8 Wednesday morning, then its repeated later that day too. Assume it'll be repeated some other times after that too.

first showing is actually at 10pm on monday night, so we get it before the u.s do

Apparantly Flo Rida is performing Wild Ones and Good Feeling during The Rock's entrance. I really hope this is before he comes out to his usual music otherwise I will not be a happy!

Machine Gun Kelly is playing for Cena too (WWE.COM announced).

Lillian is singing 'America the Beautiful' too, not surprised after splashing out on Flo Rida.

Id Rather have Lillian to be honest. Better than Fantasia. I had no idea who she was. Still dont!

Archived