UK Based RKK

rocky64

Also, WWE and TNA get around ratings of around 100,000 if I remember right. If the biggest wrestling promotions in the world only do that kind of business why would endemol, or any terrestrial channel think a UK based product would be a good idea?

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

OH Celebrity Wrestling :/

Celebrity Wrestling wasnt as low budget as you'd think (as far as the push it got). Piper was on a publicity tour with Kate Thorton (who was still a half decent name at the time fresh off the X Factor) and they were promoting this on the likes of Paul O'Grady. Loaded, FHM, The newspapers and everywhere else had Kate Lawler dressed as a boxer (?) in one page adverts as well. It was on ITV just before everyone went out as well, so it was a decent timeslot. I thought it was going to be the next Gladiators or something the way they were going on. You couldnt ask for much more from ITV as far as the promoting went.

Shame it was unbelievably abysmal. But Lee Sharpe got back on TV, I suppose.

"Next up, is SUMO SLAM!"

Like Ian said, this decision is not up to TNA, really. They did the India deal because they got a major network to air the show, a major production company to produce it, a major motor company to sponsor it and a major celebrity to endorse it. They're not risking anything with Ring Ka King in India. They can only gain from it and have nothing to lose. In order for there to be a UK offshoot a similar situation would need to present itself. With the ratings success of TNA in the UK I can see Challenge TV jumping on this idea but the funding and production side of it are the big issue here. TNA wouldn't risk it unless somebody agrees to pick up the bills and finding somebody to do that would be very hard to do, I would imagine.

Would definitely love to see it happen though. In the past couple of years TNA has shown interest in a number of UK names (Haskins, Moss, Lionheart, Scurll, Brown, Deville, Cruz, etc.) and they obviously have a very good eye for UK talent. Throw in some guys from the current TNA roster and some ex-WWE names and you've got the makings of a potentially great little TV show.

Twitters now buzzing with fans asking about it, Karen Jarrett has just asked us who wants to see it.

Thought I would look this up.

11 hashtags, wow.

ICW did better at 1am this morning.

Karen Jarrett has just asked us who wants to see it.

Asking hardcore wrestling fans on Twitter if they want to see a new wrestling show means fuck all, especially in relation to a big budget primetime production that's meant to appeal to people who've never even seen a shoot interview.

The problem is that Ring Ka King is made for India, you can't just take that concept, change the name and venues and expect it to work over here. It won't. You need something different, and I'm not sure any network would be up for funding it. Although having said that Endemol does pretty much operate by making a show format and churning it out everywhere. I can't help but think that over here it'd end up more like Human Centipede 2 than Big Brother. See what I did there?

If hulk hogan hosted it, you had a celebrity ring announcer and commentry team along with a celeb backstage interview it would be picked up.

I think people dont realise how shitty some british feds actually are and i dont mean that rudely or to insult any of the performers but british wrestling is still end of the pier stuff and behind the times.

A RKK in the UK would benefit the whole scene here.

Haskins twitter where he retweeted https://twitter.com/#!/Mark_Haskins

Williams twitter where he retweets https://twitter.com/#!/DWilliamsTNA

also search #ringkaking and look at uk favoured comments

Dougs also spoke about a potential fued with Kurt saying "It doesn't matter where it would be, it would be great regardless" hope we get to see it whilst there both in there primes!

Thoughts on a proper program between the uks best and americs finest in an international war

Nah, things are pretty good here, especially up north (and by the way saying some british feds are shitty and then saying you are not being rude thats the stupidest thing I've ever read on here) I mean up north we have Grand Pro (nearly 10 years running) which regularly sells out the Rose Club (a venue used by top comedians including Al Murray) XWA (which used to sell out the Morecambe Dome and is beloved by the people of Morecambe running for 10 years) Futureshock (8 years old) which this year is going to do a show at the College of Music in Manchester and PCW which is continuing to grow There are more promotions out there that are doing well but I've not really seen them to comment but I'm sure others will. You add to that the long established promotions like WAW in Norwich which has been running for 20 years, All Star which is still selling out massive venues 30 years on regardless of television exposure and thats the most impressive bit of all.

The other huge flaw in this is the channels themselves, would they really sacrifice a slot to wrestling when they've got ratings hits on their stations at the moment already? If BBC/ITV/Ch4 wanted wrestling and believed it'd make them money they'd have willingly invested in years ago. Nice idea in theory, not so much in practise.

If hulk hogan hosted it

He wouldn't

you had a celebrity ring announcer and commentry team along with a celeb backstage interview it would be picked up.

No it wouldn't

I think people dont realise how shitty some british feds actually are and i dont mean that rudely or to insult any of the performers but british wrestling is still end of the pier stuff and behind the times.

Are you just a gimmick poster? Yes there are a few shitty feds, but for every 1 of them there is an excellent promotion like ICW or IPW:UK, which are definately not behind the times

also search #ringkaking and look at uk favoured comments

I did, combined with #ringkakinguk its around the same amount of mentions that #ICW and #InsaneChampionshipWrestling got last night at 1 in the morning, which isn't exactly setting twitter on fire as you said, infact it didn't even beat one of these (as you called them) "shitty British Promotions" , its like me saying cause me and SBA like it that womens wrestling is the greatest thing ever

Dougs also spoke about a potential fued with Kurt saying "It doesn't matter where it would be, it would be great regardless" hope we get to see it whilst there both in there primes!

Even disregarding that bother of them are past their primes, why would this need to happen in rkkuk?

Thoughts on a proper program between the uks best and americs finest in an international war

And it would require TNA to do that? Even if rkk did happen, None of America's finest would be on the show, it would be the same midcard to upper midcard guys as in rkk

I would love to see a UK based Ring Ka King, if only to see if the action is so blinding AJnumbers wears those sunglasses in his sitting room as he reviews on youtube.

beatingadeadhorse.gif

Don't know why they would go to the uk, if I was looking for somewhere to expand with the rkk idea, I would go to the emirates .

Archived