UK Based RKK

rocky64

I've started a sort of twitter campaign for TNA to do a uk based ring ka king.

So far Karen Jarrett, Doug Williams, Mark Haskins have retweeted and theres a bunch of us trying to get #ringkakinguk trending.

I personally think this is a great idea that could kick start the uk wrestling scene, so those of you on twitter head on over and please support the campaign.

Thanks

and lets hope we get a ring ka king uk

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Christ, this again. Just like when WWE proposed international territories a few years back. It wouldn't kick start the UK scene, it'd kill it by monopolising the audience. Who'd go see their local promotion, or even All Star, when they could go and see a bunch of international names? It's a terrible idea.

• Paid Members

It isnt up to TNA though. I'm sure they'd have one in every country, if someone provided them with the TV time, advertising and money to do it. I'd love to see it happen, but is anyone in this country really going to take that big a spin on wrestling show? Especially when you consider TNA is fairly big over here, anyway.

Christ, this again. Just like when WWE proposed international territories a few years back. It wouldn't kick start the UK scene, it'd kill it by monopolising the audience. Who'd go see their local promotion, or even All Star, when they could go and see a bunch of international names? It's a terrible idea.

No it wouldnt. Ring Ka King's a television series, not a promotion. If there was a Ring Ka King over here, and they used a dozen local British guys, like RKK does in India, it could make legit stars out of the Brits, and when the RKK season ends, and British stars would go back to their bookings with far more star power. Cant see how it would kill the British market. It would raise awareness for the British scene if anything. This is nothing like WWE's idea of having a WWE UK over here.

AND since RKK was pre-taped over there, if they did the same thing over here, as the Ring Ka King show was airing on TV, the likes of IPW: UK for example could have a RKK star booked on shows as the show airs.

If it featured US names and UK talent, TNA could essentially develop UK talent such as mark haskins here until there ready for the big time ie TNA. And the british guys would get over through the product so people will be more inclined to go see all star etc as theyll have seen johnny moss for example in #Ringkakinguk. the mainstream uk audience is unfamiliar with british wrestlers this is a way to kick start that and add some mainstream exposure to the uk scene. if it was a shit idea i dont think so many TNA wrestlers would be retweeting especially dougy whos a product of the uk scene and would like it to flourish.

Also TNA is partnered with endemol who are huge over here im sure a well produced quality program like RKK would be picked up, the reason british wrestling isnt picked up is because theres no star power the production values are shocking, the rings are tiny and a lot of guys look untrained. #ringkakinguk is an amazing idea

Like Ian said, this decision is not up to TNA, really. They did the India deal because they got a major network to air the show, a major production company to produce it, a major motor company to sponsor it and a major celebrity to endorse it. They're not risking anything with Ring Ka King in India. They can only gain from it and have nothing to lose. In order for there to be a UK offshoot a similar situation would need to present itself. With the ratings success of TNA in the UK I can see Challenge TV jumping on this idea but the funding and production side of it are the big issue here. TNA wouldn't risk it unless somebody agrees to pick up the bills and finding somebody to do that would be very hard to do, I would imagine.

Would definitely love to see it happen though. In the past couple of years TNA have shown some interest in a number of UK names (Haskins, Moss, Lionheart, Scurll, Brown, Deville, Cruz, Singh, etc.) and they obviously have a very good eye for UK talent. Throw in some guys from the current TNA roster and some ex-WWE names and you've got the makings of a potentially great little TV show.

Like Ian said, this decision is not up to TNA, really. They did the India deal because they got a major network to air the show, a major production company to produce it, a major motor company to sponsor it and a major celebrity to endorse it. They're not risking anything with Ring Ka King in India. They can only gain from it and have nothing to lose. In order for there to be a UK offshoot a similar situation would need to present itself. With the ratings success of TNA in the UK I can see Challenge TV jumping on this idea but the funding and production side of it are the big issue here. TNA wouldn't risk it unless somebody agrees to pick up the bills and finding somebody to do that would be very hard to do, I would imagine.

Would definitely love to see it happen though. In the past couple of years TNA has shown interest in a number of UK names (Haskins, Moss, Lionheart, Scurll, Brown, Deville, Cruz, etc.) and they obviously have a very good eye for UK talent. Throw in some guys from the current TNA roster and some ex-WWE names and you've got the makings of a potentially great little TV show.

Twitters now buzzing with fans asking about it, Karen Jarrett has just asked us who wants to see it.

You can throw that leftie perspective in the bin, son. A full-scale national promotion would be better than what we've got now. If it were to be a success then it would only be of benefit to the smaller companies running in the UK.

I wouldn't like to see RKK UK style, and I would be surprised if it happened.

RKK has done as well as it has as India is really into wrestling atm , its a rapidly expanding market that is really enthusastic for wrestling, in the uk there is nowhere near the interest in pro-wrestling, so no tv companies going to want to pick it up. in the first place

Also TNA is partnered with endemol who are huge over here im sure a well produced quality program like RKK would be picked up, the reason british wrestling isnt picked up is because theres no star power the production values are shocking, the rings are tiny and a lot of guys look untrained. #ringkakinguk is an amazing idea

Yes because Chavo , Harry Smith and Abyss are huge megastar names. Also how many UK companies have you watched, some companies have decent production values, not all the rings are tiny, and I'm not going to dignify that last comment with an answer.

Archived