UK Based RKK

rocky64

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I may be wrong but is part of the point of RKK to get TNA in general bigger in the market?

If so would it be in TNA's interest over here, I keep hearing how we are already such a notable and safe market for them as is.

It could only be good for the UK scene, but would it really do TNA any good?

It could work, but it would need to be done on such a large scale that it'll never happen.

First off, it would need to be on one of the big 5 channels. Seeing as BBC and Channel 4 wouldn't even touch it, it would have to be ITV or Five. Challenge just would not cut it but I think the ramifications of abandoning Challenge is no really something TNA can afford. The time slot given to Celebrity Wrestling would be perfect.

Secondly, the roster would have to have all the big British names. Guys like Regal, Williams, McGuinness and DeVitt would need to get involved and Harry Smith would need to be on board, with his "son of Bulldog" spiel being milked for everything it's worth. Ditto Magnus. Ham up his gladiator past... Have him or Rob Terry rip up phone books and shit. It should be a throwback to World of Sport, with OTT elements. Total sports entertainment.

Finally, you'd need to blitz the public conscience. A couple of TV adverts won't do it. We need Prince Devitt on Loose Women, Abyss on Alan Titchmarsh and Doug Williams making small talk over a nice Minestrone soup on Saturday Kitchen. We'd need full-page adverts in the tabloids and a tirade of ads on TV. Have Hulk Hogan turn up and a gala day in a city park. THAT would get people going.

That's why it'll never happen. RKK has all these things at it's disposal, but no-one in the UK would ever take the punt. If someone did do it, there's no reason why a roster of UK veterans, mid-card TNA talent, ex-WWE stars and guys like PAC, Lionheart or El Ligero wouldn't be a hit. But without the publicity madness of India, any idea would bomb.

like I know the title matches were real but only the endings but over there they'll believe anything that wouldn't happen over here which is why they shouldnt do it be much better doing an mma rkk or something also youd need a big name to do it over here not like Hacksaw Jim Duggan

That is one of the worst sentences I think I've ever read. It actually hurt my head towards the end.

like I know the title matches were real but only the endings but over there they'll believe anything that wouldn't happen over here which is why they shouldnt do it be much better doing an mma rkk or something also youd need a big name to do it over here not like Hacksaw Jim Duggan

That is one of the worst sentences I think I've ever read. It actually hurt my head towards the end.

Get a pair of glasses then. :music:

Also peeps talking about how the fact the fans are dumb would make it good, prince nene? Your wrong, people over here arent dumb you can turn on the news and see all sorts of shit in this country the people have been smartened up to the buisness

Secondly, the roster would have to have all the big British names. Guys like Regal, Williams, McGuinness and DeVitt would need to get involved

None of them are big names. Regal is infinitely bigger than the other three, but none of them are going to draw in an audience on name value.

• Paid Members

Also peeps talking about how the fact the fans are dumb would make it good, prince nene? Your wrong, people over here arent dumb you can turn on the news and see all sorts of shit in this country the people have been smartened up to the buisness

Proving yourself wrong with one fell swoop

What are you on about? I just said it was a good thing in india because they take it in ( I also don't like the word dumb it's your term not mine) I never said anything about people being daft in the Uk but then.... :rolleyes:

Which is why I tihnk treating europe as a whole entity would be a better way to go, if they are going to try it at all. Don't have much of an idea of what might be the best place to set up though. With all the cons we do have one big advantage as well.

We already have plenty of wrestlers to contribute to a roster if they went to africa they would probably have to train guys up at least we already have plenty of guys to contribute to such a project.

also while this is fun to talk about and is understandable at the moment they need to concentrate on making india a sucsess before thry think about branhing out.

Would Australia be a clever place to go to? or not?

• Moderators
Who'd present it, do you think? They have Harbhajan Singh. We'll probably have Frank Skinner or Ross Noble or someone.

Monty Panesar. Think of the cross brand/sport Market.

Fuck that, Min Patel's the man.

Archived