The UKFF's 50 Favourite Films 2012 - The Results!

Devon Malcolm

• Paid Members

Yeah that's the worst. I had the mother of an ex-girlfriend walk in one day while I was watching Caligula, right at the really messed up part near the beginning in the pleasure palace where there's people fucking themselves with barbed wire and plenty o' anal rape going on.....worst thing about it was that I was watching it for uni research on a game I was designing (a game not entitled 'Plenty O' Anal Rape' I might add), so I was sitting there taking notes. She didn't say I word, I didn't say a word. It stayed that way.

• Paid Members

It was quite the occassion when Terminator 2 came out if I recall. I remember watching films all the time as a kid, but Batman and Terminator 2 are two of the films I remember seeing for the first time. I remember the exact place I watched it and everything. I was a massive Terminator fan. I've got pictures of me dressed as Arnie as a young kid, with a denim (didnt have a leather) jacket on and a pair of silver strap sunglasses I got free by sending away a load of smarty tubes. If it is true that violence in films influences the easily lead, then by rights I should have blown the Indian bloke who owns the shop round the corner's head off by now (but not in a racist way).

The sheer hype for T2 was awesome. I have this great memory of there being an advert for a virtual reality machine before the film on the video we used to rent from the video shop. At the time I thought you just put on the virtual reality machine on and you'd be walking around in another world. Instead, you just put the hat on and its just a red screen with a shit quality game. Disappointing really. But disappointing isnt a word I'd use for the film. It blew me away. Especially the Arnie face turn. Humanising Arnie was a wonderful move, because you need a hero in movies like this, and there's none better than him. Tears were almost shed when he got the big bit of metal through his back. I'd seen enough films by that time to think "well, thats Arnie dead" and the humans were then going to save the day. But no. Unlike real life, when a machine conks out, Arnie came back to live without phoning PC World and destoryed the quite brilliant T-1000. One of my favourite films. A movie that lasts for hours, but seems to fly by.

They dont make them like that anymore (as T3 proved). It also spawed all sorts of stuff that I'm sure we all remember:

toys.jpgdolls.jpggames.jpgcups.jpgschool.jpgclothing.jpgvideogames.jpg9.jpgT2%20Box%20Figs.JPGT2%20Figs%20003.JPG

Edited by The_BarbarIAN

• Moderators
Pritt Stick's 80s montage mix

Here you go lads, it's scientifically proven that it works best in the running order I put it in so make a playlist with it in that order. Also for maximum punch I chose in the itunes options for the song "War" to begin at 0:59.3 seconds into the song and end at 2:32.7 into the song but you can listen to the whole thing if you want.

Let me know if any of you other guys like it, I won't be responsible for any added Jakkedness or pumpedness that this brings into your life.

Coincidentally, I was sent a link to this mixtape today:

bloodbros_1_cover.jpg

bloodbros_1_back_revised.jpg

http://maddecent.com/blog/blood-bros-first-blood

No I didnt. Its in the first picture.

Sorry missed it. One of the worst toys I ever got

Strangely enough I was desperate for that as a kid. Looking back now it must have been a proper boring thing to play with. I had the talking Arnie with the mini-gun. Infact, I've still got it somewhere. He didn't do an awful lot but it looked badass sat in my bedroom next to my Alien queen toy.

• Paid Members
You left this pointless toy off the T2 stuff

BioFleshRegenerator-Back.jpg

Put some goo over a non movable figure......then cut it off. The fun never ends

I got this for Christmas one year and the bastard mixture stuff wouldn't even set properly. My mum recognised how shit it was and bought me a cheapy second hand keyboard to make up for it. I'd like to say this put me down the musical path and I'm now I'm a grade 10 pianist, but I never even learnt a chord and am in fact a grade A penis.

• Paid Members
You left this pointless toy off the T2 stuff

BioFleshRegenerator-Back.jpg

Put some goo over a non movable figure......then cut it off. The fun never ends

I got this for Christmas one year and the bastard mixture stuff wouldn't even set properly. My mum recognised how shit it was and bought me a cheapy second hand keyboard to make up for it. I'd like to say this put me down the musical path and I'm now I'm a grade 10 pianist, but I never even learnt a chord and am in fact a grade A penis.

So you put that goo to good use, then!