Times When You Have Gone Arse Over tit.

Kata Ha Jime

• Paid Members

Running for a bus late at night, I saw an empty metal frame directly in my path, so decided it would be quicker just to jump through it and carry on.

Naturally it turned out to be a bus timetable frame that was currently empty of timetables, but very much full of plexiglass.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Well, at least you can laugh about it now.

Or if you can't, well at least I can laugh about it now.

To be honest during the split second before i got hit in the head, thus KO'd, i thought : "OWWWW, that hurt....but man i bet it looked funn....."*SMACK*.

Looking back it must of been bad to look at as I also cracked my nose on the floor, plus it made one hell of a noise. I would of laughed if somebody else did that.

It's stories like this that make it tragic that for all the 'funny fall' videos there are on the net, there's millions more even funnier falls that were never caught on camera.

• Paid Members
Well, at least you can laugh about it now.

Or if you can't, well at least I can laugh about it now.

To be honest during the split second before i got hit in the head, thus KO'd, i thought : "OWWWW, that hurt....but man i bet it looked funn....."*SMACK*.

Looking back it must of been bad to look at as I also cracked my nose on the floor, plus it made one hell of a noise. I would of laughed if somebody else did that.

It's stories like this that make it tragic that for all the 'funny fall' videos there are on the net, there's millions more even funnier falls that were never caught on camera.

Thats the worst thing thats happend to me, that i would of loved to watch back. Bar that i've done the normal "Embarressing fall over, but nobody is around to see it" style thing.

I remember about two years ago, my mum asked me to walk her to work because a) of all the snow that fell and b) she's not stable on her feet. So I'm walking her down the hill to her playgroup and I'm telling her to be careful when both of my feet fly into the air and I flop onto the floor like a sack of shit. To make things worse I try to get straight back up and proceeded to dive face first into the snow. After that I slid towards a grass verge and slowly made my way up.

Winter before last, after someone's birthday, a combination of icey pavements, alcohol consumption, trainers with no much tread and a declining street meant I slipped and fell flat on my back twice. Once on the street, once on the road. Like a full flat back bump, that must've looked bad because some guy, going past, immediately come over to ask if I was alright. I think all the play wrestling (I never backyarded) I did as a kid had me naturally tuck my head in and spread my arms out, so I was unscathed.

However last year, I was running to catch my last train, and tripped over in the middle of the road, in the West End of London. Didn't get run over but the tarmac did scrape a chunk of skin off my palm, there's still a mark there now. I don't drink any more

Not really had any painful falls. Just embarrasing ones.

Worse was actually the other day, I was just walking near work, and there were a group of chavs stood against a wall, anwyay I wander past, and trip over a pavement slab, flat on my face, cue the inevitable, ''wahays, she fell over'' etc, felt like a right twat ha, oh well. Scurried into work after and just stayed out back for a bit.

Slightly different, but we were playing football at school once when I was thirteen or so and I kicked it over the fence by mistake. As etiquette required, I had to climb over the fence to retrieve it, one of those huge metal ones with a jagged top;

Security%20Fence%202%20thumb.jpg

Anyway, off I went. There is a technique to it, as once you get a foot on the top of the fence you have to either jump over the spikes or try and balance and turn round carefully at the top. Unfortunately, I think I tried a combination of both, and must have slipped or just caught my trousers or something, because next thing I know I was hanging upside down suspended on the spike by my school trousers. Everyone was rolling about in laughter, and it took about two minutes before people had pulled themselves together enough to unhook me.

In hindsight I was lucky, since had my trousers been shit quality fabric I'd have gone straight down and landed on my head, possibly causing serious injury. Also, I'm lucky it was my trousers that caught the spike instead of my actual leg. Also, it was the days before everyone had camera phones so my shame wasn't caught on film.

It was funny looking back, but at the time it was highly embarrassing.

Also, on a night out I'd been evicted for being too out of it or something, and stumbling across the icy road I fell flat on my face and broke my nose. After for some reason hanging out in the freezing cold for two hours until my friends left remonstrating with people, I told my friends I'd gained the injuries being punched by a bouncer. Unfortunately, they decided to confront the bouncers and told them they were calling the police, and things started getting heated, until I had to admit I'd just fallen flat on my face. Not my finest hour, even if I was far too fucked to care. I've also fallen down stairs in clubs multiple times.

• Paid Members

I was 16, and it was my last day of school. We were having a bit of a send off, awards, that kind of thing. No uniform, but expected to dress nicely, so I was in a white shirt and a fetching blue and gold tie.

As I was walking up toward school, I saw on the other side of the road a rather attractive lady.

Suddenly there was a sensation like when you wake up from a nightmare, but everything was dark. As my vision slowly came back, I was sat on the ground and my head was hurting.

Such was the distracting beauty of this lady, I'd walked straight into a lamp post. This would be bad enough, but a) being the gangly legged gonk that I am, I march at a fair pace, and b) it was one of those big old square, gravel/pebble dashed lamp posts.

All the photo's taken on that day had me stood on the left hand side facing across the picture to hide the fact that my eyebrow was swollen and matted with blood, and I had blood stains on my shoulder.

A few months ago, my mate's were playing in a small trendy venue in Glasgow (of which I cannot remember the name for the life of me). After his band had finished up the headline band come on, who have a tidy as fuck lady vocalist. I finish my drink and head to the bar to get another one and next thing I know, I slip and end up right on my arse in front of all these hipster types. Shame faced barely covers it.

My uncle wins best fall in my family though. He was on a night out in Edinburgh and was on the way back to his hotel. He tried to take a shortcut through Princess Street gardens, slips climbing the fence and ends up with a big metal spike through his leg. There's a cracking photo of him lying in a hospital bed with a massive morphine induced grin on his face with a fucking huge spike through his leg.

I had a doozie earlier this year.

I was painting the house, and was trying to do the bit above the stairs on the wall opposite the landing. My missus was watching, so obviously I was showing off a bit. I decided to stand on the sloping bannister with one foot, use my other foot on the wall for support, and then stretch fully above my head with the paintbrush on the end of a pole.

What I'd forgotten though was that I was only wearing socks, so almost immediately my foot slipped on the rail, I landed back first on it and then was flung forwards to smack my face into the wall before finally tumbling down half a flight of stairs.

To be honest I have no idea how I didn't seriously injure myself.

• Paid Members
Running for a bus late at night, I saw an empty metal frame directly in my path, so decided it would be quicker just to jump through it and carry on.

Naturally it turned out to be a bus timetable frame that was currently empty of timetables, but very much full of plexiglass.

I love the mental image of this one. Absolutely hilarious.

Most painful and embarrassing fall my end was when I was about 7 years old and visiting one of those historical recreation sites. You had to climb an incredibly steep and enormous set of stairs built into a hill to reach the site and after spending 3 boring hours walking round it we set off back down when I had the ingenious idea of ignoring the stairs and instead walking on the incredibly steep hill itself.

My parents shouted at me and told me to get back on the stairs but before I could even reply I realised I was moving downhill quicker than I would have liked and had actually broken out into a light jog. Fast forward another ten seconds or so and I was running faster than I ever had before, desperate to stop and yet unwilling / too scared to fall over. Somehow managed to stay on my feet the whole way down (sprinting past multiple families and school parties on the way) only coming to a halt when I smashed loudly into the side of the wooden restaurant at the base of the hill.

I hit the ground like a sack of shit and lay there for a few seconds hoping no-one had seen me when a crowd of people rushed out of the restaurant to find out what caused the noise and found me prone on the floor with blood pissing out my nose. Spent the next 5 minutes waiting for my folks to make it down the hill with various adults pretending to show concern while desperately trying to not laugh directly in my face. Not my proudest moment but on the plus side I'm pretty sure I broke the 100m record at some point on the way down.

• Paid Members

Ever had one of those falls that make you look like an utter hero?

I recently completed Life Fire Tactical Training down by Folkestone, basically involved lots of ammunition and readied weapons pointing all over the place, the range in question meant we had to do short bounds over and over for 400m, and to make it worse was on 6 foot deep shingle that was like running on treacle covered cow shit!

Anyways we're doing a tactical withdrawal after a massive move and my legs went to complete jelly, so much so at one point the inevitable happened, basically my head was about four foot in front of my legs, witnesses claim I managed to keep this up for about 5 metres before loudly shouting FUCK IT! I tucked my shoulder down about would impact first and beautifully an with a lot of luck produced the perfect twisting roll that resulted in me landing in an awesome kneeling position facing a target 300m away, on aim too, a flick of a safety catch and a squeeze of a trigger later the metal bad guy had fallen and I looked like Rambo

I could've looked a tool, by fluke I looked a hero!

When I was about 8 or 9 years old I was in my dad's van driving down this massive hill somewhere in the peak district, it's a really long windy road and you're on the breaks the whole way down. We were going round this quite long epic bend when 2 guys on push bikes overtook us, they'd got full on racing bikes and had got all that arse hugging lycra crap on and they must have been doing 30mph plus easily. Well one of them starts to slow down for this bend, the other doesn't and he must have not been concentrating because he clearly didn't see that there was one of those green grit bins on the edge of the road. Well he hits this grit bin and bounces over it, comes off the bike and this motherfucker flies a solid 6 to 8 foot, hits the ground and bounces again. We probably should have stopped. But we didn't. It was fucking hilarious. I just want to know if he lived or not.

Archived