Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

Kharma confirmed on Twitter this week that she was indeed released from WWE. A fan asked if it was true that Kharma was "granted" her release from WWE. Kharma replied:

"yes, I was. It doesn't mean I'll never be back."

Regarding Alex Riley's status with WWE, it's said that he lost his push that was in the works because of a backstage incident with John Cena.

PWInsider.com reports word going around is that a while back, Riley was backstage with John Cena and Cena was ribbing him in front of some of the other wrestlers. Riley reportedly came back angrily at Cena, which was seen as him "breaking the code of the locker-room."

Edited by BiffingtonClyro

• Paid Members
According to PWInsider.com, the TNA contracts of both Bully Ray and Devon are set to expire within 4-5 weeks.

While the two sides are said to be in the midst of negotiating new deals for the former Tag Team, sources are indicating that there has been no real movement made by either side towards re-signing the veterans.

:(

There's a few contracts up soon. Velvet Sky is done as well. According to the Observer last night they expect to resign Bully Ray (he's an agent and a main eventer on the house shows), but Devon and Velvet are a case of whether they accept deals or don't. They aren't in deep negotiations with those two. They would just like to keep them around. It shows that you rarely see Devon now and Velvet isn't on TV anymore, yet Bully Ray is still always on the shows and in big storylines like the Abyss thing and the BFG series. So you can see who's more likely to resign and who isn't. Shelley, Angelina Love and Morgan are gone as well, but Doug Williams has resigned. So there is a lot of contracts up in the air or getting sorted out.

A lot of contracts are being renegotiated, so TNA pays them per appearance. WWE aren't hiring TNA wrestlers and the minute and won't be for a long time. So at the minute, TNA are in a really good position to give these wrestlers shit deals. Which isn't the most ethical thing in the world, but it saves them money. This Aces and Eights group must be on super shit deals then.

Edited by The_BarbarIAN

Regarding Alex Riley's status with WWE, it's said that he lost his push that was in the works because of a backstage incident with John Cena.

PWInsider.com reports word going around is that a while back, Riley was backstage with John Cena and Cena was ribbing him in front of some of the other wrestlers. Riley reportedly came back angrily at Cena, which was seen as him "breaking the code of the locker-room."

Pleased to read this. I had got it in my head that the WWE was short on proper leaders to keep the scrotes in check with more and more old guards retiring, but this reassures me that of all people Cena is the guy to rely on behind the scenes as well as in front of the camera.

Pleased to read this. I had got it in my head that the WWE was short on proper leaders to keep the scrotes in check with more and more old guards retiring, but this reassures me that of all people Cena is the guy to rely on behind the scenes as well as in front of the camera.

Slightly different old school Bradshaw and Holly used to deal with them. New school Cena tells teacher. BA Star.

• Paid Members

What doesn't sit well for me is that Alex Shelley and Velvet Sky are allowed to leave because of money issues, yet Brooke Hogan, Rob Van Dam and Mr Anderson are on TV every week on guaranteed money. Fair enough, Velvet is probably the worst wrestler ever to put boots on, but she's over and people actually give a shit about her. She's not your average wank material either. And Alex Shelley should have been a star years ago. He can talk, wrestle to a standard few can match and he looks completely different to everyone else. And 'not bearded, shit tattooed mess' different either. I wish TNA would cut the useless cunts like those mentioned. Hogan and Sting and Hardy is all you need. They are big names, who have the ability to make something big with words (like the Aries thing). And Jeff Hardy is probably their biggest star. You don't need shit like RVD and Anderson about. They just look bad.

Edited by The_BarbarIAN

• Paid Members

From the Observer:

The situation with Kharma is that she was in Florida training to return, but got the knock for being out of shape, hard to work with and stubborn about suggestions of how they wanted her to change her character. She had been losing weight.

There was a video tribute put out for her at least:

Edited by The_BarbarIAN

• Moderators
I'd love for Velvet to turn up on a wrestling show I watch though.

Why not watch TNA? It is top quality TV, even someone who somehow thinks Edge is one of the best ever might enjoy it, even though there's no-one on it I'd hand off and score a try under the posts if he tried a tackle.

• Paid Members
Why not watch TNA? It is top quality TV

Agreed. I'd fallen well behind (seven episodes left on the Sky+) and have just gone through three of them in the last few days. Impact's really become a good show. My mind wanders a lot less watching it than it usually does when Raw's playing.

Give it a try, Pitcos. You might surprise yourself. Bully Ray's the best guy on TV I reckon, and has been for the last several months.