Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

Apparently, Vince Russo's doing a Guest Booker and re-booking the WCW Invasion.

Sounds like fun. Would get a huge kick out of it if his scenario ends up being better than Cornette's piece of crap attempt at re-booking the Invasion.

• Paid Members

Meltzer was saying on the LAW that there is a "big story" breaking sometime today. It's something relating to business, that's all he gave away. No idea if it's WWE/TNA/UFC though.

I'd guess WWE Network related.

Edited by Blackson Jackson

That's a good thing for the supposed company figurehead to say. "The belts shite, but the new one is worse".

As far as the new belt goes, I'd have Ric Flair introduce the new heavyweight title on the first ever three hour Raw.

That's not a bad idea. What's The Rock's schedule like? It was only a week or so I was thinking the title will be changed when Rock wins it.

• Paid Members
If Gorilla Monsoon told me "he's not kicking out of that" (like he ALWAYS did) I believed him. I used to believe everything that a credible voice told me, because they were the voice of the product. They need to just stop treating the belt and the wrestlers as run of the mill shit. At least tell people they are superstars, even if they aren't.

Spot on. Perception is reality. Monsoon's line in Survivors 89 about Tito Santana and Honky Tonk Man fighting each other being a "main event anywhere in the country" might seem humourous looking back, but at the time it made the two seem more important even though they had both lapsed into JTTS roles.

The same line wasn't quite as believable by 1995 when Gorilla had stopped giving a shit and wheeled it out on the WrestleFest tape for Bob Holly & Alundra Blayze VS Hakushi & Bull Nakano.

• Paid Members

To make it seem like a big deal, something the title hasn't felt like since Punk won the thing at MITB.

I'd actually have Flair hand it to Punk, then have The Rock interrupt them to re-establish his desire to be WWE champion. It'll be nice to see Punk in there with proper stars again.

On Ian's point about perception and Gorilla Monsoon etc. Michael Cole has done massive damage to most of the roster, IMO. He treats anybody not in a main event program like a total waste of time. JR is badly missed, and I think the current perception of the current roster shows what a difference he can make.

Edited by Blackson Jackson

• Paid Members
I'd actually have Flair hand it to Punk, then have The Rock interrupt them to re-establish his desire to be WWE champion.

That would likely involve a Flair promo, which isn't going to be pretty.

They would need to find a logical reason for flair to turn up with a new belt out the blue as well.

Punk is right in what he's saying though, isn't he?

Vince, Triple H and others have stated that WWE is in a "transitional period" and they need to create more proper stars. Is it ok for them to say it, but not Punk for some reason?

Also, it was at a comic-con, not on bloody RAW! Like Blackson said, Cole has been burying the company's new Stars for over a year now, pointing out how small/crap/dumb/useless they are.

• Paid Members
The end makes sense with Rock, but HHH or Vince would make more sense than Flair who's been in TNA for 2yrs and has no links to anything in wwe just now.

Yeah. Why would the 16 time World Heavyweight Champion and arguably greatest champion in the history of wrestling introduce a new title belt to the world champion. WWE would never do that*

*except when Ric Flair introduced the Undisputed title to Triple H in 2002.

Punk is right in what he's saying though, isn't he?

Vince, Triple H and others have stated that WWE is in a "transitional period" and they need to create more proper stars. Is it ok for them to say it, but not Punk for some reason?

Vince and Triple H have said it in stockholders meetings and have given reasons why they feel this is the case and what measures they (they being the chairman and the head of talent) are taking to help this problem. CM Punk is the WWE champion. If he buries the talent, he's burying his position as champion. Can you not read what I wrote without jumping in and asking questions to answers I've ready wrote? Stop reading what you want to read, like you always seem to.

Also, it was at a comic-con, not on bloody RAW! Like Blackson said, Cole has been burying the company's new Stars for over a year now, pointing out how small/crap/dumb/useless they are.

CM Punk's buried the company, the belt and everything else on Raw, but when everyone went "this is the new boom period" and found out business died because of it, you probably had your excuses in order then as well. The comic con is a place filled with paying WWE fans. He shouldn't bury the belt or his fellow talent.

Edited by The_BarbarIAN

• Paid Members
Flair is always much more reigned in on WWE TV. So his promo won't be too bad, just have him go on about how important the belt is.

I'm just not a big Flair promo man these days. Even in WWE's environment I couldn't see it going well. I'd love to be proved wrong though.

I like the idea, as long as they would give some reason.

If Flair just rolled out with no explanation and said "here's a new belt" I'd wonder what the fuck was going on.

I'm sorry, you don't understand the difference between the owner of the company saying it and one of the guy's he pays to represent them? Really? Vince owns the company, he can say whatever he fucking wants, Triple H is high up the echelon and has earned that spot, CM Punk is the lucky bitch who's been given a prominent position by them. You don't bitch about the company you work for in public, especially not when you're their champion.