Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

• Paid Members
Numerous sources within TNA are confirming that Don West, who has been with the company from day one as an announcer before moving on to head TNA's Merchandise end during the summer of 2009, has given TNA notice that will be finishing shortly with the company. West, who had no previous experience working in the business, was brought in as an announcer for the company when they launched in June 2002. He and Mike Tenay soon became the company's announcing team, although West was also used at times as The Amazing Red's manager, which was a role he was very good at.

Sad day. I love Don. Someone must not like him, though. Everytime Tazz has not shown up they've given JB or even Eric Bischoff the headset for the day. Poor Don is only seen these days on their youtube channel.

Edited by The_BarbarIAN

That's really shit, in retrospect he was a better colour commentator than Taz has ended up being. When he got demoted, he showed some promise as a manager, but again they took him off-screen. Poorly treated, old Don West.

• Paid Members

Had totally forgotten about Don West but this has just reminded me of his OTT screaming at the camera whenever he got excited, then the great heel turn andhe was one of the best things in TNA at that point.

Does anyone else think they should be getting Al Snow to commentate instead? He sounded ace when he was guesting on the Gut Check thing. Add him as a 3rd person, then when Taz can't think of anything to say (which is often) and Tenay's dropped his script, Al can say something interesting about what's actually happening in the match.

Mods: any chance we could split this off into a TNA News thread? It'd be nice to have a separate thread for this sort of thing as opposed to the Impact! discussion.

Edited by Loki

• Paid Members

Here's a one:

Former WWE Diva makes Billboard charts

3.jpg

Amy Weber, who appeared for WWE in 2004 and 2005, has made it on the Billboard charts with her self-published club single "Let It Rain."

She announced Thursday on Facebook, "WOW!! I just entered the Billboard Charts!!! I will be able to post the magazine link in about a week- got the news ahead of time but overwhelmed to say the least!! Official Billboard Recording Artist now!!"

Weber would not be the first person with WWE experience to make it on the charts as Lilian Garcia's first single "Shout" debuted at No. 69 on the Billboard Hot 100 in October 2002.

A contestant in the initial WWE Diva Search, Weber appeared on SmackDown as John "Bradshaw" Layfield's image consultant for The Cabinet. She also feuded with Joy Giovanni and defeated her by forfeit in her lone wrestling match. Weber would quit the organization in February 2005 due to harassment from male wrestlers.

"I left on account of pure harassment and being treated like a piece of dirt by some of the male wrestlers for no reason," Weber explained in a 2009 interview. "I am actually a very sweet person. Yes, I played a "heel" for WWE but that is not my personality. I go out of my way to help others and a few of the guys made my decision to leave very easy. If they treated someone like that in the real world, they would be fired without question but are allowed to get away with nonsense in the WWE."

Weber then referred to Randy Orton as a "dirtbag" when playing word association.

Credit: Daniel Pena @ wrestlinginc.com

I forgot all about Amy Weber.

Taz and Tenay are right up there with the Impact Zone, in the 'Things that make TNA a bit shit' list.

West wasn't great, but I'll echo that he's infinitely better than what we're getting from Taz.

There's something just not quite right about TNA that I always struggle to put my finger on, and I think the lack of a good commentary team might just be it. Even when they have ideas which sound good on paper they fall a bit flat for me in reality...nothing ever seems particularly momentous or important. The dubious production (particularly in the pre-Bischoff era) has never helped, but I think Mike Tenay in particular is one of the main culprits. He fills me with indifference.

Taz and Tenay are right up there with the Impact Zone, in the 'Things that make TNA a bit shit' list.

West wasn't great, but I'll echo that he's infinitely better than what we're getting from Taz.

There's something just not quite right about TNA that I always struggle to put my finger on, and I think the lack of a good commentary team might just be it. Even when they have ideas which sound good on paper they fall a bit flat for me in reality...nothing ever seems particularly momentous or important. The dubious production (particularly in the pre-Bischoff era) has never helped, but I think Mike Tenay in particular is one of the main culprits. He fills me with indifference.

The answer is The Impact Zone.

Edited by BiffingtonClyro

Courtesy os lordsofpain.net....

Former WWE performer Jillian Faye Fletcher (a/k/a Jillian Hall), 31, was arrested on April 23, 2012 in Orange County, Florida and charged with battery (domestic violence).

The one-time WWE Divas Champion subsequently announced Thursday via Twitter that she has separated from her husband of two years, Mike Farole.

"As most of u already assume what's going on with me recently.. some Really horrible things've happened and Mike and i have separated," she wrote. "This news and negativity has been very hard on me, but time is healing. I'll be me very soon."

She then tweeted a photo of a tattoo featuring her husband's name, which she dubbed "A tiny mistake.. Lol."