Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

• Paid Members
Anyone see them debuting a new Bigshow to really wind it up?

Any chance of you learning that Big Show is two words? Five times in three posts in this thread, suggesting you're doing it on purpose. It's (admittedly irrationally) doing my nut in.

Anyone see them debuting a new Bigshow to really wind it up?

Any chance of you learning that Big Show is two words? Five times in three posts in this thread, suggesting you're doing it on purpose. It's (admittedly irrationally) doing my nut in.

Well they are spelling Fucking wrong! Must be because I'm never wrong. Well that's what I told my ex wife!

Funnily enough if forced to guesstimate when I think things changed it's essentially when Vince became a heel character post Montreal/the Attitude era inception.

Don't get me wrong, if we'd continued down the Attitude path, where there are about six million signs in the Audience and half of them are bearing smarky slogans, and a DX type team are running around bleating about "Who Booked this crap!" and wrestlers are going into buisness for themselves with personal digs (Sunny Days!!!!, Al Snow Jokes) then WWE would look like a piss poor operation.

On the other, the fact that wrestlers names are trademarked to the WWE is literally on every product they create. Therefore, its not that much of a leap to believe that a fired wrestler wouldnt be allowed to use their name.

I think the idea of a fake Big Show could be a hoot. They shouldn't make it a midget or anything though, needs to be subtle, have a random young hoss from the developmentals do it, with all the pyro and the theme and everything.

I think the idea of a fake Big Show could be a hoot. They shouldn't make it a midget or anything though, needs to be subtle, have a random young hoss from the developmentals do it, with all the pyro and the theme and everything.

Gill Show would be class.

I don't think wrestling needs to be this complex. If people are looking for a sophisticated story, they'll watch a proper drama. When they try do sophisticated, there's a hundred flaws to the story anyway that casuals can pick out.

I'm fine with the corporate thing, but they don't need to go to into complex job titles and contracts, breaking the illusion with revealing wrestler's real names and that they can't pay their bills. Fans don't want to hear that 'Paul' might get his house repossessed because of his carefree attitude to money. They want to see him beat the shit out of people. There's other ways that heels can be obstacles in his path.

I don't think wrestling needs to be this complex. If people are looking for a sophisticated story, they'll watch a proper drama. When they try do sophisticated, there's a hundred flaws to the story anyway that casuals can pick out.

I'm fine with the corporate thing, but they don't need to go to into complex job titles and contracts, breaking the illusion with revealing wrestler's real names and that they can't pay their bills. Fans don't want to hear that 'Paul' might get his house repossessed because of his carefree attitude to money. They want to see him beat the shit out of people. There's other ways that heels can be obstacles in his path.

Especially when he has an Iron Clad contract, that actually isn't that Iron Clad after all.

• Paid Members

Just been reminded it's 10 years today since FWA British Uprising 2 at York Hall. CM Punk vs Colt Cabana, Justin Credible vs Jonny Storm, Homicide vs Jack Xavier, Doug Williams vs James Tighe, Mikey Whipwreck & Ulf Herman vs The Family (with Paul Travell nearly going up in smoke and Alex Shane's post-match heel turn), Flash Barker vs Hade Vansen and Nikita vs Mark Sloan, if I remember correctly.

There was a pre-show Q&A/meet n' greet at Lee Hirst's comedy club down the road in the afternoon, then the delayed start due go the bomb scare evacuation. Wasn't a great show by FWA's standards at the time, but still an incredibly memorable day.

I'll post more when I get chance (I'm away this weekend for a wrestling show... with loads of imports... in York Hall... called Uprising...!)

Edited by Big Benny HG