Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

LOL That first fan question to her was AMAZING~.

Extremely well spoken, well prepared very lengthy question asking her why James Storm's push was screwed up last year and why he was big footed by Jeff Hardy.

Unsurprisingly she didn't really answer the question, other than to basically say 'Hardy is the bigger star'.

Edited by ClassicsGuy

People have been suspended within TNA for failing drug tests in the past, but they've all been kept in-house, never publicly announced, and they've had 'tremendous success' as a result.

I'm loving this interview. Many of these questions from 'fans' have Bruce Mitchell's fingerprints all over them.

Oh yeah, Wade quoted Dixie's own words to her from the 2007 Congressional hearings, about TNA's target audience being 'the 40 year old virgin' types, which Dixie sort of laughed about, then said 'kind of true, kind of true'.

Dixie clearly doesn't know her own company's drug policy, if it even exists.

And she'd sign Randy Orton for TNA if he got a 3rd Wellness strike & firing from WWE, as 'everyone deserves a second chance'.

Edited by ClassicsGuy

Apparently the PPVs were always profitable, and the move away from 12 a year means them taking a financial hit.

Does she explain why they are doing it then?

She said that the quality of the PPVs and Impact was suffering from trying to put on too many PPVs, and they thought the product would be better with less, and therefore in the long term lead to more buys on the remaining PPVs.

Exactly the argument many fans have been making about TNA and WWE for years, basically, but they're actually going for it.

Sounds like the ticket sales for their first live Impact tapings are looking very good, so that's a gamble that might pay dividends.

• Moderators

I reckon that's bollocks, me. No-one who promotes wrestling cares about aesthetics and all that malarky, but just the bottom line. They're not publicly traded, so Panda can lose money on PPV and we'd never know and they'll say otherwise. It's wrestling, if monthly PPV was really profitable, she'd still be running them.

• Paid Members

That's a lot of "One Night Only" PPVs. Maybe they're not reducing the number of actual PPVs per se, but reducing the number of "fixed" ones, adopting a format closer to In Your House? Would give them a similar income and more flexibility in terms of their booking schedules.

For example: they have a tag-division tournament coming up. This gives them a reason to build up to a PPV without affecting their booking for the main event feuds, which they're aiming to have culminate at one of their big four. Basically, it could be a way of drawing focus to other sides of their promotion without over-taxing the main storylines.

Only a theory, but it's what comes to mind.

• Paid Members

Surprised they are taping all those shows in one run. Either they'll be having a whole bunch of people cluttering up the locker rooms, or some poor guy is going to be wrestling a million times in three days.

Also surprising there's been no talk of who the foreign imports for the world cup are given its only a couple of weeks away from taping.

7:00pm - TNA Heavyweight Title Tournament: The top World Champions in TNA history battle to determine the greatest of all time

If it's TNA title only, that's some combination of Angle, Sting, Joe, Styles, Van Dam, Anderson, Hardy, Storm, Roode and Aries (Foley presumably not there) which sounds like quite the show.

• Paid Members
That's a lot of "One Night Only" PPVs. Maybe they're not reducing the number of actual PPVs per se, but reducing the number of "fixed" ones, adopting a format closer to In Your House? Would give them a similar income and more flexibility in terms of their booking schedules.

That's the whole idea. They are doing four "big" live shows a year that fit the weekly storylines and eight taped shows that are filmed months in advance and have a self-contained gimmick.

I don't think the idea is to build up to any of these taped shows on TV.

Edited by JNLister

• Paid Members
7:00pm - TNA Heavyweight Title Tournament: The top World Champions in TNA history battle to determine the greatest of all time

If it's TNA title only, that's some combination of Angle, Sting, Joe, Styles, Van Dam, Anderson, Hardy, Storm, Roode and Aries (Foley presumably not there) which sounds like quite the show.

Shame they don't count the NWA - would like to have seen Shamrock and Jarrett there.

That's the whole idea. They are doing four "big" live shows a year that fit the weekly storylines and eight taped shows that are filmed months in advance and have a self-contained gimmick.

I don't think the idea is to build up to any of these taped shows on TV.

Fair enough. I agree that Dixie didn't sound particularly plausible in that interview.

I'm totally in love with these 'One Night Only' shows. The potential line-ups and the fact there will be no story-line involvement means, everyone can just go out there and give us a great match.

Just look at the X-Division show it looks great!

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

X-scape The Cage

Alex Silva vs. Matt Bentley vs. Lince Dorado vs. Sam Shaw vs. Christian York vs. Puma vs. Jimmy Rave

Doug Williams & Kid Kash vs. Rashad Cameron & Tony Nese

Chavo Guerrero vs. Robbie E

Ultimate X

Rubix vs. Kenny King vs. Mason Andrews vs. Zema Ion

Christopher Daniels & Kazarian vs. Petey Williams & Sonjay Dutt

Hardcore Match

Rob Van Dam vs. Jerry Lynn

Austin Aries vs. Samoa Joe

[close spoiler]

");document.close();
Edited by wrestlingmad

I think it's a great opportunity to give some guys spots on PPV and Television. TNA have always given really great house shows, this is kind of that but with a twist of a theme and some returning and new faces.

The sad thing is the very first PPV lands on the same day that literally every promotion in the world including TNA are running shows in New York/ New Jersey area for Wrestlemania weekend. TNA charge $34.99 for their PPVs (just over

• Paid Members

These are the ones I don't mind:

Christian York

Jimmy Rave

Doug Williams

Kid Kash

Chavo Guerrero

Robbie E

Rubix

Kenny King

Zema Ion

Christopher Daniels

Kazarian

Austin Aries

Samoa Joe

I'm still not sold on York or King, and Chavo needs to pull something out of the hat soon, because he's treading water right now.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

These are the ones I could be doing without:

Alex Silva

Matt Bentley

Lince Dorado

Sam Shaw

Rashad Cameron

Tony Nese

Petey Williams

Sonjay Dutt

Rob Van Dam

Jerry Lynn

Most of these guys are shit, boring or both. Tony Nese could be so much more, but he's vanilla as fuck. Petey was only entertaining as Maple Leaf Muscle/Little Petey Pump, Sonjay Dutt's the new Petey in that all he's got right now is a spectacular finish, and RVD/Lynn needs to go the fuck away.

I don't know Puma or Mason Andrews.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

Is there any chance Christian would be in that? Was there not talk that he had another TNA appearance lined up at some point?