Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

Hey gang, I thought some of this might appeal to you (I sincerely hope it does otherwise I'm really barking up the wrong tree) as a companion to my current youtube show I'm going to start filming a weekly (Hopefully humorous) news recap that will report to latest goings on in a slightly satirical 'Have I got news for you?' fashion.

I thought since this is the news thread I might post the script to the first show on here. It's all minor news items and since it's the contents of my under-productive mind it certainly doesn't warrant a thread!

The idea is to legitimately report the news but put an amusing spin on each story. I've also included a running gag where I report that Daniel Bryan has done something truly awful only to then clarify that it's something completely innocent before then swerving to report in the next story that the original implication was in fact true.

These are the stories i'll be leading with, hope they crack a smile!

The 2013 Royal Rumble is in the history books and in the biggest story of the night The Rock defeated CM Punk to become the new WWE Champion. In a related story the share price of Anusol Hemmeroid cream has sky rocketed in the wake of all the butt hurt Punk fan boys.

On the subject of the Royal Rumble John Cena out lasted 29 other superstars to become this years winner. It would appear as though he is now set to face the Rock in the Main event of Wrestlemania 29. In other shocking and unexpected news day follows night, there are 12 months in the year and Christmas will fall on December 25. All those facts are less predictable and more exciting than this years road to Wrestlemania.

In a genuine surprise from the Rumble Chris Jericho returned to a huge ovation and put in a sterling effort in the match itself. Afterward Jericho was quoted as saying

TNA Gut Check Brackets are up

http://www.impactwrestling.com/gutcheckchallenge

They've been up for a while now. Earlier today, however, TNA changed the format a bit and moved up the voting deadline. There's still time till February 15th so obviously these can change but based on the votes right now the following indy people will be moving forward to the next round:

Bracket 1 - LuFisto, RJ Singh, Danny Duggan

Bracket 2 - Bad Bones, Nate Mattson, Dab Savage

Bracket 3 - Joshua James Burton, Damien, Kano

Bracket 4 - Gregory Iron, Mandrake, Thomas Walton III

Bracket 5 - Facade, Noriega, Starr Venus

Bracket 6 - Lionheart, Ed House, Kissey

Bracket 7 - Sherman Tank, Psycho Mike Rollins, Tina San Antonio

Bracket 8 - Kwan Chang, Sami Callihan, AJ Kirsch

Bracket 9 - Red Lightning, Chase Stevens, The Prophet

Bracket 10 - Steve Off, Mr. 450 Hammett, Kyle Matthews

Bracket 11 - Rampage (?), Matt Yaden, Brian Blade

Bracket 12 - Nick Cutler, Holly Rocamora, Onyx (not the NWA Wildside one)

Bracket 13 - "Little" John (of Lucha Britannia), Athena, Dustin Frazier (?)

Bracket 14 - Chance Prophet, Hoss Hagood, The Savage

Bracket 15 - Sugar Dunkerton, Tommaso Ciampa, Punisher VanSlyke

Bracket 16 - Neico, Flex, Ace Martino

Edited by pgi86

Hey gang, I thought some of this might appeal to you (I sincerely hope it does otherwise I'm really barking up the wrong tree) as a companion to my current youtube show I'm going to start filming a weekly (Hopefully humorous) news recap that will report to latest goings on in a slightly satirical 'Have I got news for you?' fashion.

*snip*

I'm afraid I've taken more amusing shits.

David Mitchell commented on the fact that WWE had to change their name because of the World Wildlife Fund on Would I Lie To You a few years back. The audience thought he was joking! I think it was on the episode where "Britain's Funniest Man" Jack Whitehall was power-slammed by Terry Frazier.