Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

• Paid Members

"Vince Russo makes his return to WWE TV during an upcoming DVD release. Vince was recently interviewed for the "nWo: The Revolution" blu-ray and DVD. This will be interesting. WWE also interviewed Lex Luger for the feature."

Didn't realise Russo was on their radar anymore. Surprised they've interviewed him for this DVD. Couldn't have imagined Luger and Russo on a WWE produced product a few years ago. Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members

James Laurinaitis played for the St Louis Rams at the NFL game at Wembley yesterday, 20 years on from his dad (Road Warrior Animal) working SummerSlam 92.

Made a few important tackles too, from what I could tell (still learning the sport and was up in the nosebleed seats). The Patriots also had Chandler Jones, older brother of UFC Light Heavyweight Champion Jon. Neither my dad nor uncle were tremendously interested in the WWE vs UFC subtext.

http://www.goal.com/en-ie/news/3923/italy/...cm-punk-miccoli

Palermo striker Fabrizio Miccoli has compared Juventus to World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE) champion CM Punk due to their willingness to do anything to win.

The former Old Lady striker has saluted the Bianconeri for their ability to capitalise on small situations and their grit when they are up against it.

"CM Punk, the WWE Champion for 344 days, is like Juve, as they are both strong and because they are great fighters," he told Tuttosport.

"They also take advantage of all little situations. For example, on Sunday [at a 'Hell In A Cell' event], he kept the title because the referee gave a 'low blow' to the opponent. You know, everything happens in wrestling.

• Moderators

While Amy Weber is about 407, I'm still positive as regards this development and not sceptical at all that there was never any naked photos and she's desperate for a touch of fame after her pop career went tits up.