Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

Taken from that article...

"When he wrestled for TNA, he took the name Sheik Abdul Bashir and retained the anti-American gimmick.

But Daivari claims that was all an act."

"Claims" ? That makes it sound suspicious. It's still real to this writer, dammit!

Maybe the Daily Mail thinks this was his Sgt Slaughter "I Want My Country Back" moment, and this incident was the only time he hasn't been a cunt in the last decade.

Did The Sarge choke out Sheiky-Baby and make Billy White Wolf piss himself? I must have missed that edition of WWF Challenge.

Link please...

Former TNA tag champion Chris Harris has apparently been diagnosed with cancer....

"Wildcat" Chris Harris revealed on Facebook that he was diagnosed with multiple myeloma late last year, a life-threatening cancer. He underwent a stem-cell transplant and will receive high-dose chemotherapy on Tuesday. With this treatment, high doses of chemotherapy are given in order to destroy more myeloma cells than would be possible with standard chemotherapy.

"Thanks for the calls and well wishes. I go into the hospital on Tuesday for a stem cell transplant," he wrote on Facebook.

"I was diagnosed last November with Multiple Myeloma and have been involved in a clinical trial since then. Results have been very promising and the stem cell transplant is the final step in the process, at least for now. I have already gone through the stem cell

Edited by Snitsky's back acne

^ Not true. Harris just tweeted the following:

Thank u all for the well wishes. I am not sure where this report came from, but I do not have cancer and I am not receiving treatments. Its nice to know I'm so cared about but someone should really get their facts straight before making a disturbing report like that.

http://twitter.com/officialwildcat

Watts family, WWE agree to terms on Mid-South library

WWE Hall of Famer Jim Ross, the voice of Mid-South Wrestling, discusses talent, territory

By Jim Varsallone

jvarsallone@miamiherald.com

After several years of negotiations, The Miami Herald has learned that Ene Watts and the Watts family agreed on a deal for World Wrestling Entertainment to purchase about 1,200 hours of Mid-South Wrestling footage, including TV programming and shows during its heyday in the late 1970s and during the 1980s.

Ene Watts, the ex-wife of WWE Hall of Famer Cowboy Bill Watts, owned the footage as part of a divorce settlement.

Mid-South Wrestling (Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Oklahoma) flourished under the direction of Bill Watts. It was one of the hottest territories in pro wrestling in the late 1970s and during the 1980s. Junkyard Dog, Ted DiBiase, Ernie Ladd, Hacksaw Jim Duggan, Magnum T.A. and announcer Jim Ross are some of the prominent names who made a mark during that Mid-South era.

The 6-3, 280-pound Watts was a tough-guy wrestler during his day and an even tougher booker/owner. Prior, Watts learned the business from one of the best, Eddie Graham, a former hard-nosed wrestler who successfully ran Championship Wrestling from Florida.

Like Graham, Watts developed solid angles and talent (good vs. evil) with physical matchups and energetic matches that meant something