Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

Don't bother clicking that link and giving this guy needless hits on his 'blog, when I can post whatever boring bullshit it says right here:

Breaking News! Promoter Stiffs Wrestlers in Union City,Tn last night.

At a Wrestling Event last nite in Union City, Tn for Promoter Nathan Starling, many wrestlers were shorted or not even paid at all.

Miss Natural: Via Facebook wrote Last night a promoter stiffed Murdoch (Trevor Murdoch) on his pay. So he took him to the back and showed him what happens when you screw him over. God I LOVE Old School! I dont think he will be stiffing anymore wrestlers with their pay from now on..

There will be more on this story and comments from other workers later on. Keep checking Wrestling news center for more info in the next coming days. Mr. Starling could not be reached for comment at time this story was ran.

------

I was able to talk to "3G" Eric Wayne and this is what he told me. He stiffed everyone. Rikishi for half his pay, only bc it was sent to him ahead of time. No one else got what they were expecting. Trevor got most of his but still got fd. Nathan starling is the "promoter" that's responsible. He lied about pretty much everything from having money to booking rooms for talent. What Trevor did was tame compared to what happened in the office. I talked to him (STARLING) earlier and he's agreeing to pay me but it'll take a week.

Now you ask what happened in the office!? And for the record this is not from Eric. From the stories I was told from my sources.

(3) Wrestlers went into the office and confronted the promoter, they strongly requested Starling drink there urine out of a cup. also he was roughed up and striped naked and kicked out of the building. The promoter left and went strait back to his home in another state.

clearly this is a wild story! Mr.Starling wrote me back and said this. Why should i give my story man everyone wont belive me anyways. i will say i should not been treated that way and think its rong and messed up.

I asked Mr.Starling to tell me his side and I would put his side up. He did not respond.There are rumors that he will promote another show again but not sure where it will be held. Im sure we have not heard the last of this story. If we do Wrestling News Center will be your source.

Shit writing, shit story, boring bastard.

What a sack of shite the NWA is now

In my opinion it has generally been horrible fot years. Remembrr cringing 15years ago or thereabouts when I read in PS or one of the American mags about the "talent" they had.

What a sack of shite the NWA is now

In my opinion it has generally been horrible fot years. Remembrr cringing 15years ago or thereabouts when I read in PS or one of the American mags about the "talent" they had.

Yeah i suppose your right, when it was associated with TNA was the last point it was of any real relevance and even that's debatable.

• Paid Members

Let's be honest, though - is there any real way for the NWA to be any good any more? Two big companies and one large indy is probably the most the Western market can accommodate, which means that, aside from the odd talent like Adam Pearce or the odd semi-decent guy like Conway, the talent pool only has in it guys who should be kicked out by the lifeguard for pissing in it.

There seems to be a lot going on with them at the moment, what with the promoter guy turning up in New Japan and promising to bring an NWA guy to challenge one of theirs. The incident of the guys walking away from the belt seems pretty interesting as well, albeit under-reported.

A new alter ego for Tajiri:

I always liked Tajiri (especially his stuff with Regal) and another little run in WWE would be nice to see. He wouldn't go any higher than the mid-card, but some matches with the likes of Bryan, Ziggler, Cesaro and Kingston, and even someone like Miz or Sin Cara would be good. More importantly they would be fresh match-ups as well.

Yeah, I've always been fond of Tajiri. I know the Super Crazy matches are very samey, but Jesus, the first one I saw (Living Dangerously 99) was blinding. When he got a character, started doing the NWA Muta gig (which is one of my all time favourite characters) he was a blast. Also loved his tag team with Mikey Whipwreck and Sinister Minister - in the dying days of ECW, some of those tag team matches with FBI were the only good thing left.