Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

• Paid Members

It came out in Cena's divorce he has a fortune of $18 million. And Cena smokes the cock out of probably every wrestler in the last decade, so I'd say he's the standard.

Well, modern day standard of course. Austin and Rock must be more loaded.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members
Id of thought Christian, Jeff Hardy and Mark Henry would of been on that list, also Booker T.

I count six things wrong with that sentence. That may be a new record.

Your rasslin' rich list is basically the actual top draws, and those with second careers / lucrative outside interests. Peroxwhy?gen doesn't count.

Considering Lesnar made roughly $4m per fight in UFC (salary & PPV percentage) plus whatever he got for sponsorship, I think its safe to say $12m isn't correct.

He'd have given half of his earnings to the taxman. He's probably bought himself a few helicopters and speedboats as well.

Considering Lesnar made roughly $4m per fight in UFC (salary & PPV percentage) plus whatever he got for sponsorship, I think its safe to say $12m isn't correct.

He'd have given half of his earnings to the taxman. He's probably bought himself a few helicopters and speedboats as well.

Plus lets face it being married to Sable isn't going to be cheap.

Luke Gallows has chucked this on his Facebook page.

"Have officially signed my TNA contract. Thank you to all my family, friends and fans for their support and am looking forward to this new opportunity! - LG"

It was going to happen sooner or later, he's a really good hand. Get Cliff Compton under a mask as well.

• Paid Members

He's been appearing on TNA every week since about June and worked for their Ring Ka King promotion since the start of the year. I wonder why he's announcing he's signed when he's supposed to be a bloke under a mask? You'd have thought he'd have continued to keep quiet until he took his mask off. Not like it matters, though.

I like him though. He's a grizzled young vet and there's not enough of them.

Aren't they doing the thing where all the Ace's and Eight's are appearing unmasked but no one know's it's them. I forgot the name of the fella who has already appeared but I'm sure he even had a match. I think Gallows is working and will appear on Impact this week.

Edited by mcmahonman

• Paid Members
He's been appearing on TNA every week since about June and worked for their Ring Ka King promotion since the start of the year. I wonder why he's announcing he's signed when he's supposed to be a bloke under a mask? You'd have thought he'd have continued to keep quiet until he took his mask off. Not like it matters, though.

I like him though. He's a grizzled young vet and there's not enough of them.

I hope he does better at TNA than at WWE. Seemed the type that most of the roster could manage a good match with him from Rey all the way up to Kane.

Edited by niff

• Paid Members

That list of wages based on publicly available information. For WWE guys, unless you've had a public divorce, bought a massive house, or been hit by the IRS, there isn't much publicly available information.

I wouldn't be surprised if this is overstated because they've used the same guesstimate formula they use for musicians and actors, not realising that most of the wrestlers get ridiculously low royalties (something stupid like 0.5% of the takings on your own branded merchandise in some cases IIRC.) Plus it's not clear if they are simply figuring how much they've made over the years or what they actually have now. If the latter, they may not have taken account of the costs of living on the road, travelling from show to show and maintaining a superstar look.

• Paid Members
Aren't they doing the thing where all the Ace's and Eight's are appearing unmasked but no one know's it's them. I forgot the name of the fella who has already appeared but I'm sure he even had a match. I think Gallows is working and will appear on Impact this week.

Wes Brisco. He's the only regularly-appearing A&8s guy whose identity I'm 100% certain of. Don't think he's had a match, but he's made a few backstage appearances.

According to PWInsider, Christian is being kept off of TV until after his Hall of Fame appearance at Bound For Glory. While there isn't heat on Christian, the belief is that WWE doesn't want to give Christian any momentum (for TNA to use) until after the appearance.

Wondered where he was. although I'm guessing not many have. bet he appreciates the free holiday

• Paid Members

Fuck it, we have a few Puro fans, so there's a snippet on Purolove in case you haven't seen it : between 23rd and 25th November Zero1 are apparently planning on running shows in Scotland, Ireland and Belgium. Bloody hell.

According to PWInsider, Christian is being kept off of TV until after his Hall of Fame appearance at Bound For Glory. While there isn't heat on Christian, the belief is that WWE doesn't want to give Christian any momentum (for TNA to use) until after the appearance.

Wondered where he was. although I'm guessing not many have. bet he appreciates the free holiday

Is he doing the induction for Sting? Strange choice tbh, even if it is to make up for flair being at hof & mania