The Daily Examiner

Forrest

• Paid Members

What's your biggest regret?

Not attending my ex-girlfriends funeral. I can't believe how stupid I am at times.

Megadrive or SNES?

SNES every day of the week. Street Fighter 2, Super Mario World, Starwing, Sim City; the list goes on and on.

You and a loved one are held at gunpoint by a mugger. He's taking all of your stuff (wedding rings, phones, money, jewellery, etc.)

You know there's a 80% chance you can stop him, but if you fail he shoots the loved one and escapes with your stuff. Do you try and stop him?

No chance i'm risking a loved one to try and recover my phone and wallet.

An Icecream maker comes up to you and tells you he can make any flavour you like, as long as it doesn't already exist (or you don't know exists). What would you make?

Archers and Lemonade flavour.

You can bring anyone back to life for 2 years, they're in perfect health but will die in the same way they originally did when the 2 years is up. Who do you bring back?

Tough, because i'd like my dads parents to see how happy the whole family is. They'd be so proud. However, I couldn't do one without the other. My girlfriend had a close friend at university who hung himself and she regrets not telling him how gifted he was. I'd probably go for him. Is it odd to use this power for someone you've never met?

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I never punched my old boss.

Megadrive or SNES?

SNES

You and a loved one are held at gunpoint by a mugger. He's taking all of your stuff (wedding rings, phones, money, jewellery, etc.)

You know there's a 80% chance you can stop him, but if you fail he shoots the loved one and escapes with your stuff. Do you try and stop him?

No Fucking Way. Keep the material goods. They matter not.

An Icecream maker comes up to you and tells you he can make any flavour you like, as long as it doesn't already exist (or you don't know exists). What would you make?

Yellow Cab. Or Super Silver Haze flavour.

You can bring anyone back to life for 2 years, they're in perfect health but will die in the same way they originally did when the 2 years is up. Who do you bring back?

Saddam Hussein. He got off lightly so once more please.

My Step-Mum died when I was 13, I was very close to her. I was too scared to view her body during the funeral, and I've always regretted it. Though my Dad said it didn't look like her and I was best remembering her how she was.

Megadrive or SNES?

Grew up on a Megadrive. I loved it, and I purchased the Megadrive Collection on 360 recently. I haven't played it that much tbh.

Phone, money etc is fine. My wedding ring is where I would kick off.

Frijj Chocolate Fudge Brownie flavour ice-cream. Someone best make that mofo.

Jesus. 1. We would learn the truth, and 2. If it's legit then he won't mind dying for our sins again. He's nice like that.

• Paid Members

Your comments about the wedding rings are the main point of that question. It was mainly for people who are married/engaged or carry really valuable or important things with them. I'm talking photos in wallets, keepsakes, etc. Not just your phone, they take everything.

Plus you didn't answer it.

Your comments about the wedding rings are the main point of that question. It was mainly for people who are married/engaged or carry really valuable or important things with them. I'm talking photos in wallets, keepsakes, etc. Not just your phone, they take everything.

I'd rather them take the clothes off my back than my wedding ring. They go for my wedding ring then I'm taking that 80% chance.

Everyone I know who died had had a good run, and I don't know anyone well enough who died who hadn't. So, I'll give my two years to Butch's mate.

That legitimately chocked me up. Probably the nicest thing I've ever read on this forum.

• Moderators

I'd rather them take the clothes off my back than my wedding ring. They go for my wedding ring then I'm taking that 80% chance.

What, even if the loved one in the 20% is your wife or son? Surely not..

Not spending enough time with my Nan after her stroke. It killed her spirit, and she wasn't the same person for the two years after the stroke before she died at the start of the year. My memories of her are all before this happened, and that's how I'll always remember her. The person in the care home wasn't the person I grew up knowing. But I wish I'd spent a bit more time with her, especially since she died really suddenly just before Christmas last year and no one got a proper chance to say goodbye.

Megadrive or SNES?

Playing both of them retrospectively, I'd say I have more fun on a SNES.

They can have it. 80% is too high a risk for me, and I wouldn't risk anyone that I hold close, whether that's family, friend, girlfriend...they mean too much to me. Take my watch, my phone, my wallet, the photos I've got. Don't harm the ones I care about most.

I like the idea of Frijj Chocolate Fudge Brownie flavour ice cream. I'll second that idea.

My half-brother, Matthew. He was 12 when he died of cancer in 1992, so I was about 9 months old when he died. I've got no memories of him at all (as you'd expect) but I'd really like to get to know him. Whether you bring him back as the 12 year old, or at the age he would be now, I wouldn't care. I'd just like to get to know him and find out who he was as a person. From what I gather, the cancer got him pretty quickly so I wouldn't have to watch him suffering. If it's exactly as he originally died, I can deal with that. It's a really nice little story where he was in hospital listening to the football results on the radio, heard that Liverpool had won their game that day and died shortly after with the family around him. For me, that's not so terrible.

Not leading the life I should have done whilst I was fit and relatively healthy, haunts me everyday

Megadrive or SNES?

Megadrive, all the way. Im not a fanboy as such and have both megadrive and Snes and have hundreds of games for both.. Its just that the MD holds better memories and has a higher nostalgia hit than the Snes. Heck Ive even got a Mega CD and most of the PAL games for that and the 32x and many games for that too.

Stuff is replaceable, people arent. So its a no from me here.

Happiness flavour

I was gonna say, my mate, who died about 2 years ago, however because he died of cancer I wouldnt wish that on him all over again. So Im going to go with Einstein, see what a Team up with Hawkins could do to further our understanding of stuff.

Talking my then GF into having an abortion. We were only 16 at the time and I personally didn't think I'd be able to handle the responsibility. Now a lot of my mates have kids, I'm broody as fuck and always wonder what it would be like having a little-Rob. Scarily the kid would have been 11 this year! :O

Megadrive or SNES?

Mega Drive. Was always a Sega boy and was even one of 5 people in my year (120 of us) to have a Saturn.

Let them have the stuff. As said, materials are replaceable but your loved ones aren't. Plus insurance will cover most things.

Does Oreo flavor exist? Doesn't matter I'm happy enough with mint chocolate chip.

Personally, no one under those circumstances as every one I've ever known has died from old age. If the question didn't have a time-span and having to die the original way I'd bring back my friends 3 month (i think) old boy who died in their bed over night about 5 years ago. I never met the baby but I felt so bad for them and the mother went completely off the rails was sad to see.

No if you'll excuse me, I think I have something in my eye. :(

What, even if the loved one in the 20% is your wife or son? Surely not..

I didn't read the question properly. My bad. I obviously woudn't put them at risk. If I was on my own I would probably go for it though.

• Paid Members

Oh pretty much everything up until the age of 18. Specifically, I wish I'd got into keeping myself fit before now as I'm now working against all those years of smoking and fatty foods.

Megadrive or SNES?

I never owned a SNES, so I have to say Megadrive just for the nostalgia feel. That and it has Streets of Rage 2.

SNES did have F-Zero though, so it's not a bad console by any stretch.

Only if he tried to take my Megadrive.

Cannabanilla - Cannabis, Banana and Vanilla swirl.

I'm very lucky to have had to deal with losing too many people close to me. That being said, I'd love to bring back my old cat who was attacked and killed by a stray dog my mother had brought home (it's a long story). I've always felt really guilty about it and it would be nice to give him two years of making it up before it happened again.

Obviously not spending enough time with loved ones.

Megadrive or SNES?

SNES!!!

This is tough, with a loved one involved I don't think I'd chance them getting hurt.

None, don't really like Ice Cream

An old buddy.

He was killed before he had a chance to marry his girlfriend & had only seen his son for a few weeks before he was killed.

Two years with his family would be woth it.

Not spending enough time with my Dad. We fall out over petty things and go through lengthy periods of not talking.

Megadrive or SNES?

Megadrive. Sonic 2 and Mighty Morphin Power Rangers ruled!

No. I lost too many loved ones recently and enjoying the closeness of family as of late.

I like the call on Cherry Coke. Cherry Coke sounds wicked.

My Uncle passed when back in 1998 when I was 8 and it deeply affected my mum and she hasnt really been the same since. The only downside is his disease was long and drawn out and couldn't put my mum through that again. So I'd pick my Aunt Rhoda she passed from cancer not so long ago now. She was an incredible woman and was always there to talk with you should you need a chat. She beat cancer the once and came back 6 months later much worse and didn't tell anyone. She was an incredibly brave woman to go through that alone.

Archived