The Daily Examiner

Forrest

Taken directly from another board I frequent, the idea is simple. every day, someone (anyone) will post 5 questions for the board to answer. They can be about anything you like, even wrestling.

1. Name something we take for granted that is actually mindbogglingly amazing. For example, the internet allows us to access all the information we could ever want, speak to people on the ends of the earth about inane topics or even buy things which, 20 years ago, just would have been out of our reach. And yet despite this, we bitch and moan the second we lose connection. Name another technological marvel we just take for granted.

2. Name your favourite Pink Floyd album.

3. What was the last thing you ate?

4. Given the chance to go to any country in the world, where would you go?

5. Your friends decides he wants to get into Puro, but has no idea where to start. What do you recommend?

First person to enter the thread tomorrow gets to make up the next set of questions.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

1. Name something we take for granted that is actually mindbogglingly amazing. - Wires. Plugs, ariels, leads, that sort of thing. Without them we'd either have to plug things directly into sockets, or everything would be wireless, which is a pain in the arse.

2. Name your favourite Pink Floyd album. - I don't like Pink Floyd, and branching in from that "I don't like people who..." thread, this band would be mine. I've not met one single person yet who like Pink Floyd who isn't a proper tosser. Slagging off ALL popular current music, and going on about Pink fucking Floyd and The Who and The Rolling Stones, etc with a massive sense of self worth because they like them.

3. What was the last thing you ate? - This: http://www.slimmingeats.com/blog/quick-cream-pasta

Ingredients

2 cups of uncooked pasta

3 slices of ham, chopped

4 heaped tablespoons of quark

1 crushed clove of garlic

1/2 teaspoon black pepper

1/2 teaspoon of paprika

mixed salad leaves

fresh chopped basil

Method

Add the pasta to a saucepan of boiling hot water and simmer until tender.

In a bowl mix together the chopped ham, quark, crushed garlic cloves, black pepper and paprika.

When pasta is ready, drain and stir in quark mixture.

Serve on some mixed salad leaves topped with fresh basil.

It was really nice, but I'll use less Quark next time as it was a bit too Quarky.

Not a country exactly, but I'd go to New York. Madison Square garden to be exact.

5. Your friends decides he wants to get into Puro, but has no idea where to start. What do you recommend?

Some old NOAH stuff. Misawa, Kobashi, etc. Or that 5 minute chop battle Kobashi had.

• Paid Members

1. Name something we take for granted that is actually mindbogglingly amazing. For example, the internet allows us to access all the information we could ever want, speak to people on the ends of the earth about inane topics or even buy things which, 20 years ago, just would have been out of our reach. And yet despite this, we bitch and moan the second we lose connection. Name another technological marvel we just take for granted.

Air travel. It's just amazing to me. Somebody has dealt with all the mechanics and aerodynamics of getting this huge machine, loads of people or cargo into the air and navigate it to another destination. People complain about the food and comfort and the price. It just blows my mind that it's even possible let alone to be able to have a meal, watch films and buy aftershave whilst it happens. And then you just arrive without trouble in another country or city.

Don't care for them.

Porridge. With a splash of raspberry jam.

I've always fancied the Pacific islands.

Super J Cup 1994. Phenomenal. And I'm not a huge cruiserweight or puro fan.

• Moderators

Television. A window on the world built by loads of satellites and things, yet for

• Paid Members

Streetlights. The one by my grandparents' house got taken down a while back and I remember it plunged the area into total darkness during the winter months. You never seem to hear anyone talk about how wonderful they are but, if they weren't there, we'd be bumping into each other trying to find our way through the pitch black night.

Wish You Were Here should count, but if not I'll go with Animals.

A packet of salt and vinegar crisps just now because I've not ate properly due to being a broke student...and a chubster, yes.

I've never been to Amsterdam, so I'd be tempted to choose that. I may be going next year though, so I'll say Italy. Big fan of the food, obviously, and the culture. I imagine it's a beautiful place to wander around.

Is it Super J Cup 93 with Childkiller Benoit, Eddie Guerrero and the like? If so, that. I'm not too big on it myself so I wouldn't be the person to ask but I do remember enjoying that show.

• Moderators

Zinc!

I've only heard Dark Side of the Moon. I like it though, so i don't know why I've never got around to listening to any of their other albums

Eating a Tiramisu right now.

I've been wanting to check out Turkey for a while now.

A Misawa/Kawada compilation

1. Name something we take for granted that is actually mindbogglingly amazing

Gas central heating. If you actually think about the complexities involved in trapping gas that's found underground, transporting it, storing it, and then piping it to your fucking house. Plus if your boiler's ever packed in you realise how awesome it is to have one. Hot water on tap!

Saucerful of Secrets. And anyone who doesn't like Pink Floyd is displaying a startling ignorance of music.

Poached egg on toast.

China.

That he not bother, as puro is generally shit.

• Paid Members

The telephone. I can speak to my dad in New Zealand just be talking into a small handset. It still stuns me how it works, especially overseas calls. There can't be one line running from my house to Kati Kati, can there?

Dark side of the moon and only becuase my flatmate has it.

Bran Flakes with Onken Strawberry yoghurt. It's a good breakfast.

Wales. I love it.

Talking to Carbomb. He even pronounces the names correctly. ''Mees-aw-wah''.

1. Name something we take for granted that is actually mindbogglingly amazing.

The Cell. The basis for life. It's incredible. Do we take this for granted?

It's so clever it boggles my mind. Makes me think that something probably did create us.

Otherwise, Quantum Entanglement... one day this will let us send messages back in time.

That's fucking cool.

Easy: Wish You Were Here.

Cheese & tomato roll. Was half my lunch.

Borneo. Would love to see the Orangutans.

Super J Cup 1994. He should see that.

1. Favourite flavour of instant noodle?

2. You and your mates are in the pub, and in walks the wrestler you'd most like to hang out with for the evening. Who would it be?

3. Is it better to have loved and lost than never loved at all?

4. If you could instantly remove one person from the face of the earth with no bad repercussions, who would you delete?

5. Tom or Jerry? Reasons.

Archived