The Daily Examiner

Forrest

• Moderators

What Film would you most like to be re-made?

I'm thrilled about the Spiderman reboot because I like the character but I hate Tobey Macguire

What's your signature dish? (cooking not crockery)

I don't really cook, but I can make a good chilli.

Worst TV Show?

The Vicar of Dibley

Band you'd most like to reform & tour?

I think they all have at some point (if you don't include ones that are dead)! Faith no More was the last one..

Favourite Shakin' Stevens song?

:confused:

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

High Noon

Sweet Chili Meatballs

Worst TV Show?

X Factor/BGT

Some talented folks go on them, yet it's all about the judges.

New Order

This Ole House

Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy - and do a fucking good job of it this time!

What's your signature dish?

Roast dinner. I do the best roast potatoes and have this knack for doing meat perfectly.

Worst TV Show?

Fuck me, where to start... X Factor because it's evil.

None. Let's move forward.

I only know "This Old House" so that.

• Paid Members

The Man Who Sued God. Excellent plot idea. Appalling execution.

Indian Potato Pie with homemade Naan, homemade Chips and homemade Sauce.

Worst TV Show?

The Only Way is Essex. It might be good, but the way Amy Childs talks drives me insane and I have to change the channel.

Squeeze. I loves them.

I can't name one, although I do remember him recomending the book Bouncing Back, which he called 'Lovely Stuff'.

• Paid Members

The Gate

Bread and Butter Pudding

Worst TV Show?

Extreme Couponing - I enjoyed it at first, but nothing is more formulaic.

Was going to say 10CC, but they're actually together. Shit... I dunno. A better ELO lineup.

Green Door

• Paid Members
Squeeze. I loves them.

I thought they reformed in 2007? I remember them playing a gig at a pub here in Redhill, me and Mrs Small were going to go but I think we went to see Norman Lovett instead.

• Moderators

What Film would you most like to be re-made? - I'd love to see them do This Sporting Life. I'll star in it.

What's your signature dish? (cooking not crockery) - Sausage, Egg, Bacon, Black Pudding and Hash Brown toastie.

Worst TV Show? - The face aching pain which is Daybreak

Band you'd most like to reform & tour? - Genesis (Gabriel)

Favourite Shakin' Stevens song? Oh Julie

• Paid Members
Squeeze. I loves them.

I thought they reformed in 2007? I remember them playing a gig at a pub here in Redhill, me and Mrs Small were going to go but I think we went to see Norman Lovett instead.

EDIT - I've just checked and they do occasional gigs and play the odd festival. Must pay more attention.

I've been reading these for a few days, so I'll jump in and start participating now.

What Film would you most like to be re-made? I've been watching loads of old German cinema in the last few months, and I'd really love to see a remake of something like The Cabinet of Dr Caligari or Metropolis. I think Caligari could be really interesting to remake, though no doubt we'd have Johnny Depp playing the role of Cesare. Saying that, he'd probably do an absolutely epic job. I'd be fascinated to see how they'd get around the original being a silent film and how they'd go adding a script to the film.

What's your signature dish? (cooking not crockery) I make a fantastic lemon drizzle cake which has worldwide love (one of my flatmates from last year was from Australia and keeps telling me how much she misses it). In terms of a savoury dish, I'd probably say spaghetti and meatballs (made from scratch of course)

Worst TV Show? Big Brother. It was interesting in its original concept, but it's so old and uninteresting these days that I really can't see how it still has a purpose on British TV.

Band you'd most like to reform & tour? I'd probably want someone from my childhood to reform and share some really cheesy pop music. Most of them seem to be reforming these days, or at least touring the university circuit, so I'm stumped.

Favourite Shakin' Stevens song? I've never really listened to Shakin' Stevens, so I'll have to pick Merry Christmas Everyone...just because I know it.

Band you'd most like to reform & tour? - Wilt

:love:

Id welcome that back with 'Open Arms', though Kerbdog are playing a new year's gig

What Film would you most like to be re-made? -

The Last Metro. Cracking WW2 set french film, that deserves a wider audience, that a remake may bring

What's your signature dish? (cooking not crockery) -

Amongst others, Lamb Goulash, Fish and Chips ( Home made batter to die for) Lamb Rogan Josh, Duck with chillies and a Red Wine Jus, Tuna Vodka Pasta Bake and so forth, nowt major, but nice all the same

Worst TV Show? -

Sex and the City

Band you'd most like to reform & tour? -

The Dawn

Dunno

• Paid Members

If you ignore the horrible 1980s abortion of an attempt at a re-make, I still firmly believe that Cat People could work well. I also think that another adaptation of 1984 would work better nowadays.

Lasagna with curry sauce filling.

Worst TV Show?

Fringe, Lost, Holby Blue, Mock The Week, Star Trek. First five truly horrendous ones that came to mind.

Most of the ones I can think of have already done so...but I'll say Blur just so I can get to see them this time.

N/A

• Paid Members

New questions for today!

What's your biggest regret?

Not seeing my Granddad more when he was dying. He lived close, and though I did see him rather often, we all knew he didn't have long left. I regret not just seeing him more, even if it was 10 minutes a day or something.

Megadrive or SNES?

Megadrive for me. As I've got older I can blatantly see that the SNES is the better console, but I have so many good memories of the Megadrive. Yeah Super Mario World might be a great game, but would I pick that over playing Bubsy or Sonic 2?. Not even a chance.

You and a loved one are held at gunpoint by a mugger. He's taking all of your stuff (wedding rings, phones, money, jewellery, etc.)

You know there's a 80% chance you can stop him, but if you fail he shoots the loved one and escapes with your stuff. Do you try and stop him?

I wouldn't, but it would cross my mind. You always think you'd be the hero in a situation like that, but when the time comes you wouldn't even try. Even though the odds would be in my favour, I wouldn't risk someone else's life.

An Icecream maker comes up to you and tells you he can make any flavour you like, as long as it doesn't already exist (or you don't know exists). What would you make?

Cherry Coca Cola. That classic Coca Cola taste you used to get in Ice Pops when you were a kid, but with a hint of cherry in it.

You can bring anyone back to life for 2 years, they're in perfect health but will die in the same way they originally did when the 2 years is up. Who do you bring back?

I'd love to say my Granddad, but he died slowly and painfully over a year's time, so I couldn't put him through that again. Same with my Nan. I can't actually think of one for this because not many people I know have died. I could pick a celebrity or historical figure, but I can't think of any of those either :/

• Moderators

Not spending the time with my mate Karl that I could have.

Megadrive or SNES?

Megadrive. I don't think I knew anyone with a SNES as a child. I reckon I could take any of you on this forum piece of piss of World Cup Italia '90. I'm still gash at Flashback though.

You and a loved one are held at gunpoint by a mugger. He's taking all of your stuff (wedding rings, phones, money, jewellery, etc.)

You know there's a 80% chance you can stop him, but if you fail he shoots the loved one and escapes with your stuff. Do you try and stop him?

Probably not. If I was drunk I'd try to be a hero, but in normal circumstances what's the point? It's only shit. Shit can be replaced.

An Icecream maker comes up to you and tells you he can make any flavour you like, as long as it doesn't already exist (or you don't know exists). What would you make?

Don't really like Ice Cream

You can bring anyone back to life for 2 years, they're in perfect health but will die in the same way they originally did when the 2 years is up. Who do you bring back?

Some fucking morbid questions today. Someone close to you passed on recently chief?

Have to be my mate Karl, or Ravanelli as I used to call him. It was the 12 month anniversary of his death on Tuesday, and we were so amazingly close you wouldn't believe. Thick as thieves. Would play 5 a side together, and decide we were going to start the world's greatest rock and roll band when we were drunk and then forget all about it in the morning. Just get in his car and drive somewhere 200 miles away for a laugh. He used to text me all the time about going to Carverys, or for a steak, or just to go for a pint on a lazy Sunday afternoon but sometimes I just wouldn't be arsed. One monday I get a text off him telling me he loves me and to remember him, I rushed to his "thinking field" but I was too late and he'd already hanged himself. If he had to go the same way, I probably would bring him back.

Or maybe not thinking about it. I don't know. I suppose it might be even harder letting go when you know you've got this set day where your best friend is going to die again and the preperation and the dread for a guaranteed event might be far worse than the totally unexpected shock. Watching that cock ticking down day by day would be a pure fucking hell. Dealing with the grief is/was hard enough as it is, I'm not sure I'd fancy it a second time to accompany to dread of having that date when I know I'm going to lose my best friend all over again.

• Paid Members

Not making changes that I could have made more easily a while back.

Megadrive or SNES?

Megadrive - no Rings of Power on the SNES.

He can have it - I'm no have-a-go-hero.

"Christmas Day when you were five years old" flavor

Everyone I know who died had had a good run, and I don't know anyone well enough who died who hadn't. So, I'll give my two years to Butch's mate.

Archived