The Daily Examiner

Forrest

What's your biggest regret?

Two is being greedy here but:

1: I've never lived up to the potential I've been touted and deep down know I have. I switched off at sixteen when I should have been stepping up, I always seem to put others way ahead of myself and for that I have and continue to disappoint and fail. There is still time to correct this, I know that but I could have been and done so much more in the time period up to now.

2: I treated a certain someone like shit in my younger years and looking back I let someone very special slip away. I don't even know why she even speaks to me or wants to be my friend these days. She recently admitted that if we ever met up, she'd jump my bones at the first opportunity. It's an exciting prospect for some but she's due to get married and has a really good life, I berated her for being stupid in regards to that and have tried to keep contact to a minimum since. I don't want to fuck her life up a second time around. I'm just sorry we got involved in the first place because she deserved so much more than what she got from me.

Mega Drive or SNES?

Mega Drive for the high five.

You and a loved one are held at gunpoint by a mugger. He's taking all of your stuff. (wedding rings, phones, money, jewellery, etc.) You know there's a 80% chance you can stop him, but if you fail he shoots the loved one and escapes with your stuff. Do you try and stop him?

Let them take what they want as long as we're ok. If their face was visible I'd remember that fucker for the rest of my life and they would pay, heavily.

An Icecream maker comes up to you and tells you he can make any flavour you like, as long as it doesn't already exist (or you don't know exists). What would you make?

Desperados. The sly taste of Corona style beer with an after taste of Tequila, in an ice cream? Yes please!

You can bring anyone back to life for 2 years, they're in perfect health but will die in the same way they originally did when the 2 years is up. Who do you bring back?

There is just so many viable options with this one on who to pick, I'd probably agree with Steve Justice on the Jesus Christ front if we got to choose two/three people. Owen Hart as well but then again, maybe not knowing the fate that befell him. For me, those who have died and have been close are too painful to bring back and it would be selfish for me to do so knowing that another bout of suffering for them and the people who loved them would haunt them once again in the near future. I'll plump for a casual friend/friend of friend/s.

He used to post on a football forum and was generally a good laugh and got on with everyone. He went for a meet up with quite a few others from the forum and on the way back to his hotel/place of sleep, got hit by a taxi pretty much killing him instantly. It was only until after his death that everyone found out what a fucking great guy he was, he never failed to entertain or brighten up someone's day. No-one and I mean no-one had a bad or cross word to say about him and on top of that he did some outstanding work for a few charities too. It's a shame that someone like him was taken away when there are so few of his kind. It was amazing to see how many people were touched by his death and to bring him back would make their world a better place, if only for a short time.

He not only did his parents a great service but himself too.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What's your biggest regret?

Being overly mean to a girl called Ellie during my first year of uni. I don't even remember what she looked or sounded like as I only ever spoke to her three times but I still feel awful, which is weird because I've been worse for longer to others and don't give a F about that.

Megadrive or SNES?

Neither - Video games are shit.

You and a loved one are held at gunpoint by a mugger. He's taking all of your stuff (wedding rings, phones, money, jewellery, etc.)

You know there's a 80% chance you can stop him, but if you fail he shoots the loved one and escapes with your stuff. Do you try and stop him?

Give it a go. 80% are odds I can get behind.

An Icecream maker comes up to you and tells you he can make any flavour you like, as long as it doesn't already exist (or you don't know exists). What would you make?

My ex-girlfriend's vagina.

You can bring anyone back to life for 2 years, they're in perfect health but will die in the same way they originally did when the 2 years is up. Who do you bring back?

Osama Bin Laden. Done in twice by Seal Team Six is a hell of a way to go.

Archived