GTAV

Astro Hollywood

I actually broke the game the other day in a similar way. I was heading in to get a haircut and some bozo outside gave me some grief for my parking, so I punched them.

Whilst I was settling into the barber's chair and choosing a style, someone phoned the cops, who turned up at the hairdressers. The hairdressing subgame crashed out as the stylist started cowering on the floor, but her scissors remained in mid-air snipping away. Meanwhile I was stood on the chair but unable to move, and the cops busted me.

• Moderators

To echo some of the earlier love for the score - I did the mission where early Franklin mission spoiler

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

you have to shoot your way out of the Recycling Plant

[close spoiler]

");document.close(); and the music was fantastic. Really added to the mission! (It's The Alchemist and Oh No that do the hip hop-y bits of the incidental music for any 'heads out there, if you didn't know).

Also the back and forth insults with Stretch are hilarious. He's such a knob.

Edited by Chest Rockwell

Has anyone else got an older xbox 360 (2006-2008) and having issues with the game crashing/resetting? Seems to be fairly common and has started to happen with my game. Thankfully I'm only up to the first couple of Trevor missions but I'm now gonna have to delete all the data and reinstall to fix the issue by the sounds of it. One other solution might be to install the second disc. However, with that not being recommended has anyone done this and can provide any info on how badly it affects the game?

I never realised until last night how much info the Rockstar Social club tracks on your playing of the game. Not only does it show stats for each character played as but also weapons used, cars driven, missions completed (and how successful) and even a map overview of where you went during each mission. Its crazy how much is in there!

Does anyone else notice much pop-in in the game? It's particularly an issue when flying, but I've had things suddenly just materialise while driving and even running. This is on ps3. Looking through the pier binoculars and sniper scope will do it too, and sometimes certain things will look really weird, like boats surrounded by weird blue static. I think it's a lighting effect gone wrong.

Yeah, they're at the ragged edge of what is possible on these consoles. As you move around the world you'll be constantly streaming in textures and audio packs. Even doing it from the hard drive, it still takes a few frames.

The usual place I see it is if you cut back to your player from, say, an in-game cutscene. I think they're doing some clever culling of textures outside of your cone of vision, so sometimes when your cone jumps, you see pop up.

I've not had it in-game yet, but I've noticed it twice during the flight school intro scenes.

Speaking of flight school, I managed all gold right up until the helicopters. I just can't manage the speed and control in order to get gold on both helicopter tasks. I got bronze on one, silver on the other. The two parachute and final flying I got silver on those too.

My helicopter technique is to keep hold of the left trigger and push the left stick forwards as far as possible to get some speed up and travel in a straight line. You'll find you lose altitude doing this though, so occasionally I'll let go of the left stick for a couple of seconds (while still holding the left trigger) and the helicopter will go up a bit higher. Let go of the trigger and pull back on the left stick if you need to slow down quickly, and practise just using the top bumpers for turning left or right. Once you get the hang of using the bumpers to turn, combine them with pushing left or right on the left stick to turn around faster. Don't ask me about landing or hovering over things to pick them up though. Seriously, fuck landing!