GTAV

Astro Hollywood

• Paid Members
Can some one quickly sum up some shit about what its all about for me so I can decided if its a "quick buy" or a "hold on till its a bit cheaper" type deal.

Story, era, setting, that kind of shit.

Ohh also have they scrapped those shit "start mission-spend a fucking age driveing half way across the map-do something dull and shitty like chase some cunt on a bike and get killed-repeat spending 45 minutes driving across the fucking map" missions which seem to keep popping up in GTA games.

The setting is a modern day Los Angeles. It has a massive city and countryside area. This time you play as THREE characters who you can switch between at any time. One a retired mafia man, one a crazy hillbilly, the other a young black gangsta. The focus this time around is on planning, arranging and completing heists. Judging from the trailers it will be tons fun and as crazy as possible (e.g. driving a jeep off a plane in mid air and then parachuting out of it) instead of GTA4's often dull and repetitive missions.

In Red Dead Redemption and LA Noire, Rockstar started putting in mission checkpoints and fast travel so I would assume they will do the same in GTA5. Also the game appears to have shooting mechanics close to Max Payne 3 which will be a lot better and smoother.

• Paid Members
Can some one quickly sum up some shit about what its all about for me so I can decided if its a "quick buy" or a "hold on till its a bit cheaper" type deal.

Story, era, setting, that kind of shit.

Ohh also have they scrapped those shit "start mission-spend a fucking age driveing half way across the map-do something dull and shitty like chase some cunt on a bike and get killed-repeat spending 45 minutes driving across the fucking map" missions which seem to keep popping up in GTA games.

The setting is a modern day Los Angeles. It has a massive city and countryside area. This time you play as THREE characters who you can switch between at any time. One a retired mafia man, one a crazy hillbilly, the other a young black gangsta. The focus this time around is on planning, arranging and completing heists. Judging from the trailers it will be tons fun and as crazy as possible (e.g. driving a jeep off a plane in mid air and then parachuting out of it) instead of GTA4's often dull and repetitive missions.

In Red Dead Redemption and LA Noire, Rockstar started putting in mission checkpoints and fast travel so I would assume they will do the same in GTA5. Also the game appears to have shooting mechanics close to Max Payne 3 which will be a lot better and smoother.

Cosmic, the three character angle sounds interesting and will hopefully move away from my bad habit of getting 3/4 of the way through and blanking a bit of back story which A) it references back to in some way B) Is fairly important to give me a reason to run round being them.

It sounds fun and fresh. And mission checkpoints is a big selling point for me.

Thanks for the sum up, it save trawling through piles of hyperbole and such.

thats my offline gs so ms doesn't take a hissy fit

Bubba3d whats your first impression of the game and how big does it seem ?

Judging by this video the games graphics and view look so lifelike.

here

this is going to be a long 48 hour waiting for monday midnight

Edited by wwffan2

The Tesco one I ordered for my mate has an order status of "partially ready to dispatch." It's the only thing in the order though, so that's an odd status. Anyway, I think that'll be sent out tomorrow and get to him for Tuesday.

My Gamestop one is still on "confirmed" and their Facebook has them saying it's guaranteed for Tuesday if you order express delivery but not standard. And judging by a lot of the comments on there about them not responding to emails or answering the phone, I've got a feeling that it'll turn up Wednesday or Thursday, I'll send the two trade-in games and they won't even acknowledge receipt of them.