UKFF TOP 50 Wrestlers ... EVER!

IANdrewDiceClay

Great Write Ups so far. I got into wrestling after D'Lo Brown got the huge de-push and was Tagging in Heat with that arabian gimmick. Heat was the only Show I could watch at the time without taping (I didn't have sky :( ).

Didn't DLo Return to WWE in 2008/09 I'm sure he wrestled Santino Marella

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Didn't DLo Return to WWE in 2008/09 I'm sure he wrestled Santino Marella

No.

He wrestled Colt Cabana in ROH in 2009 however, which is basically the same.

Didn't D'Lo's career falling off a cliff coincide with him crippling Droz with the Sky High, or was that later?

It was pretty much immediate. He was feuding with Droz, crippled him, then went into the tag team with Godfather almost immediately. By his own admission though, D'Lo was a basket case at the time and wasn't sure if he was even going to carry on wrestling.

D'Lo is responsible for my favourite live wrestling experience. He was appearing on an Indy show (Dan Fitch's first one) in Newcastle, alongside Raven, Austin Aries, Doug Williams and Sandman. It was a good show in the first half - PAC became a star, Spud and Joe Legend were good...

... And then D'Lo came out. And the place LOST ITS SHIT.

Seriously, I've never experienced a reaction like it. The pop was MASSIVE. Newcastle loved D'Lo more than anyone could have known. And they didn't fucking stop the entire time he was out there - his entrance pop essentially lasted the entire match and beyond.

I wasn't at that show, but I saw D'Lo main event a show at a tiny venue in Whitley Bay in around 2005 with about 150 people in attendance and the reaction he got was incredible. The "D'Lo is a legend"/"D'Lo is a Geordie" chant tore the roof off after the match and D'Lo was clearly moved by it all. My mate met him a few days later at a signing at the Wrestling Store in Newcastle and they chatted for around 45mins and he was apparently a top bloke. A few years later in 2008 I saw him perform at a house show in Newcastle and although most of the audience were 7 years old and had no idea who he was, there was still a lot of older people going nuts when he came out. I also remember a group of lads chanting "D'Lo is a legend".

Clearly, D'Lo is super over in Newcastle.

D'Lo is responsible for my favourite live wrestling experience. He was appearing on an Indy show (Dan Fitch's first one) in Newcastle, alongside Raven, Austin Aries, Doug Williams and Sandman. It was a good show in the first half - PAC became a star, Spud and Joe Legend were good...

... And then D'Lo came out. And the place LOST ITS SHIT.

Seriously, I've never experienced a reaction like it. The pop was MASSIVE. Newcastle loved D'Lo more than anyone could have known. And they didn't fucking stop the entire time he was out there - his entrance pop essentially lasted the entire match and beyond.

I wasn't at that show, but I saw D'Lo main event a show at a tiny venue in Whitley Bay in around 2005 with about 150 people in attendance and the reaction he got was incredible. The "D'Lo is a legend"/"D'Lo is a Geordie" chant tore the roof off after the match and D'Lo was clearly moved by it all. My mate met him a few days later at a signing at the Wrestling Store in Newcastle and they chatted for around 45mins and he was apparently a top bloke. A few years later in 2008 I saw him perform at a house show in Newcastle and although most of the audience were 7 years old and had no idea who he was, there was still a lot of older people going nuts when he came out. I also remember a group of lads chanting "D'Lo is a legend".

Clearly, D'Lo is super over in Newcastle.

howay the D'Lo, like.

• Moderators

Anyone remember the story about D-Lo coming over for one of those BRITWRES training seminar and Q&As, around the time of his first release from WWE? I think it was GPW, or one of those tinpot companies, and before D-Lo came in, the trainees were instructed not to mention anything about Droz. D-Lo enters; first question, a pleather-wearing lad's hand goes up, "How did it feel when you injured Droz?"

Anyone remember the story about D-Lo coming over for one of those BRITWRES training seminar and Q&As, around the time of his first release from WWE? I think it was GPW, or one of those tinpot companies, and before D-Lo came in, the trainees were instructed not to mention anything about Droz. D-Lo enters; first question, a pleather-wearing lad's hand goes up, "How did it feel when you injured Droz?"

How did he respond?

Archived