UKFF TOP 50 Wrestlers ... EVER!

IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members

That Brock ruthless aggression figure with the trash can looks more like John Cena.

Delighted to see Road Dogg make the list, always loved his introductions before the matches ('Now lets see if we can make a little noise, UP IN THIS BIIIAAAATTCH!!) and he was always one of the more colourful characters on TV at the time. I'd absolutely love to see him return for a one off in the Rumble or something, even better if they can rope Billy G back in for a couple of tag bouts.

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That Brock ruthless aggression figure with the trash can looks more like John Cena.

Delighted to see Road Dogg make the list, always loved his introductions before the matches ('Now lets see if we can make a little noise, UP IN THIS BIIIAAAATTCH!!) and he was always one of the more colourful characters on TV at the time. I'd absolutely love to see him return for a one off in the Rumble or something, even better if they can rope Billy G back in for a couple of tag bouts.

It's insane how over Road Dogg and The Outlaws were. The pop at Royal Rumble 2000 with the crowd doing the whole "Ladies and gentleman,boys and girls " bit along with him. I also loved the Roaving Road Dogg bit he did for that Al Snow(?) hardcore match where he just chases 'em around doing commentary.

Really suprised at some of the rankings here. I believe Punk would have been higher before his push. As internet fans are complete twats when somebody gets a push. Myself included.

My money's on Michaels getting the #1

With all the Hulk love at the moment on here at the moment I think big Terry has a shot at it.

• Paid Members
Qyt8m0Y937uL1O1.jpg

lengendary? Have I missed something?

Apparently...

My point is there is a massive spelling mistake on the front of it and nobody seemed to notice! Lengendary?!?!!?

Ha ha! That's an epic error. Must admit I missed it too.

Ian, I love this thread and the write-ups are cracking so far, but for the love of God, put your return key to use and get some paragraphs in there! Reading forty lines of continuous text is a nightmare.

I'm sure I'm not the only one hanging out for the next instalments to this list :(

Yup, I'm eager to see who's in next. The way it's going so far it's anybodies guess- Meng could be in the fucking top ten at this rate.

Im actually a little worried about the fact I didnt vote for him, hope he doesnt find out and beat the shit out of me.

• Paid Members

I've been ill all week, so motivation to get this done has been a bit dodgy. If you have the flu, you dont realise how hard it is typing "Double J won the IC title ..." and trying to retain your will to live. I did get Jarrett done though. I'll stick a few up tomorrow, so sorry for dragging this out.

31. Jeff Jarrett

post-31-1117738922.jpg

Prime Years: 1989-present

Info: The son of Jerry Jarrett got his start in his Dad's promotion in the late 80s as a referee. He moved on to shagging Jackie Moore whenever he could, because he's into a bit of ebony. But it was in 1994 when the national audience first took Jeff Jarrett to their hearts, when he became a regular in the WWF. Starting off as a Memphis Boy with aspirations of a glittering music career, he wanted to turn the WWF into the Double JF and use the WWF as a stepping stone to bigger and better things. Stage one of his goal was completed when the J-E-Double-F, J-A-Double-R, E-Double-T took the Roadie on board and the pair outsmarted Razor Ramon for the WWF Intercontinental belt at the Royal Rumble 95. You dont hear to many good things about Jeff's early runs with the WWF IC belt, but he usually delivered the goods against the Razor's and the 123 Kid's of the world. Jarrett dropped the belt in probably the finest match of his career against Shawn Michaels, on the same night he was exposed as a fraud, by miming the words to With My Baby Tonight. Away from the camera, Double J thought this was a gimmick killer and told them if they planned on exposing his musician gimmick as a shame, he was packing his bags and leaving. They called his bluff, and Jarrett walked. He would turn up every now and again, but he made no bones about wanting to leave.

His contract eventually came up and Jarrett headed to WCW for a run where no fucker could make out if he was a heel a face, a Horsemen or not a Horsemen. His character was a confusing mess, and he had to work with Mongo McMichael for 90% of his run. He returned to the WWF, probably thinking anything is better than what he'd recently had to put up with. He showed up and bashed the whole business in a worked shoot promo. He slagged off Austin, he slagged off Bret and Shawn, had a go at Vince. The lot. This lead to him feuding with Bradshaw, after a match with the Undertaker died on its arse at the D-Q In Your House 97. He did have brilliant ring music though. "There's ALL the great WWF Superstars, and then there's ... me!" He also joined up with Jim Cornette, The Rock n Roll Express and Baz Windham to form the NWA squad. That bit the dust, so he returned to become the Worlds Greatest Entertainer, Double J again. This time with Robert Fuller handling his career. That ended with a swift guitar shot to the head, and the next phase for the Jeff Jarrett legacy was a angry, guitar carrying Jeff. He had an attitude about him. He began cutting people's hair and demand they "Don't Piss Me Off". X-Pac and Jarrett had a cracking hair vs hair match at SummerSlam 98 where Jeff lost his beautiful golden locks. It completed his new look perfectly. The shit suspenders were gone, replaced with silver shorts, silver boots and knee pads, a t-shirt with his new catchphrase and modern sunglasses. He was now officially a product of the then current WWF Attitude. He even had Debra with him, who was a highlight of young Ian's teenage years. Debra learned myself personally how to wank over someone watching a long play video on a short play video upstairs. Jarrett would hold the WWF Tag Belts, the WWF IC title, again, and feud with D'Lo over the Euro-continental straps in the Summer of 99. He had a one week stable called Jeff Jarrett Enterprises, which few remember. Tom Prichard, Miss Kitty, Mark Henry and Jeff were the people running the show for about 20 minutes one Raw.

The end was near, though. He began smacking women around, old and young, black or white, it didn't matter. Chyna wasn't having any of it, and challenged him to put up the WWF IC belt. Its a testiment to how great Jarrett was/is to drag this lump of feeble shit to such entertaining matches. He made her look brilliant. On the afternoon of the No Mercy PPV, Jarrett had sorted out a deal to go to WCW, and told them they needed to pay him what they owed him for pay-per-view bonuses or he was off home and not dropping the belt. In wrestling this is called "holding someone up". Outside that bubble, its called getting your money you should have gotten and have earned or they can fuck off. They paid up, Jeff dropped the belt and away he was. For supposedly hating Jarrett, Vince actually called Jeff personally when his wife died in 2007 to wish him all the best. Jeff and Shane McMahon are still pals as well, due to the relationship the McMahons and the Jarrett's have had over the years. So that bridge might not be as burned as people think.

Jarrett turned up in the Russo ran era of WCW. His first few months were great. He was in the upper midcard ranks, working with Dustin Rhodes and Chris Benoit and being his usually brilliant self. He formed a new version of the nWo with Hall, Nash, Scott Steiner and Bret Hart, which lasted about 3 weeks before they drafted in the Harris Brothers :crazy: A few months later, Jeff won the World title about 4 times in a month, in some mental booking. Jarrett lost to everyone during that reign. People get on his case for not carrying the ball, but the poor sod have some clueless fuckers behind his brainstorm. He remained around the top of the card until the end of WCW, but never won the title again. He found himself without a home, when WCW died, so him and father Jerry decided to start their own promotion up using their own money. They thought it was starting off well. Jerry Jarrett tells the story in his book that they were both getting numbers from their PPV promoter which were lies. Each week they were high fiving saying "look at this money rolling it, the people are loving it", only to find out later no fucker was watching and all the Jarrett's money was going down the sink. "FUCKING HELL FIRE" was heard from the Jarrett offices when they found out the news.

The Carter Family who dug them out the shit by buying NWA TNA in 2003. Without the Carters, Jarrett would probably be selling replica Bend 'Em figures at Memphis Wrestling shows at the minute. He was financially fucked. Now with the Carters money behind it, Jeff was in a better position than he'd ever been. He was the top man in the promotion, pulling the strings, which he did for years. He had his moments in the early years. If we're honest, nobody else was qualified to have the title in the pre-Angle/Sting/Christian/Samoa Joe years. Monty Brown wasn't ready, Hardy was a drugged up pisswit, Raven was getting fatter by the minute, Abyss was a midcard joke act. Jarrett was the best you were getting. Once his wife died, thats when things really started to get good for Jeff. I dont think he's had a bad match since. Karen Jarrett must have wrestling ability in her vaginal walls, because, much like her last husband he's been class since he hooked up with the Queen herself. He's had about a dozen excellent matches with Kurt Angle on many pay-per-views. He had the only good none-gimmicked Mick Foley match in the last 15 years, he had a blistering MMA career, he's the new Mil Masaras in AAA, he has arguably, the best music in the business, he is the new father to Karen's two children, his stock is as good as its ever been, he's as good as he's ever been and he's a truly smashing bloke as well. It must be good to be Jeff these days. And Brickhouse Brown got him his first piece of black pussy.

Did he have shit on the market?: Although not prolific, he did keep his hand in.

zzzzd95m_TNA1_Jarrett_L.gifWCW%20Backstage%20Assault%20(2).giftnatf_10.jpgjeff-1.jpgWCWTBTNT-05.JPG1.jpgWCWTBTNT-02.JPGJarrettCA804.jpgjeff2.jpgProducts__2925_14.jpg

They Said: "Usually entertaining, whatever role he plays. Still one of the most consistant wrestlers in the world."

Really chuffed Double J made it in. And Ian's bang on about the dead wife comeback too, he's been fucking dynamite ever since, both as a face and heel. So good in fact that I'm now head over heels for his 90s WWF stuff too (both runs).

but for the love of God, put your return key to use and get some paragraphs in there! Reading forty lines of continuous text is a nightmare.

Amen. Reading Jarrett's career has just given me a blinding headache.

Archived