The Post A Pic Of Yourself Thread V2

tiger_rick

• Awards Moderator
Edit - Again, a joke. Was my comment really any different to a harmless joke implying you're in the same vicinity as Richs Mum and you might have a crack?

Yup. I never said I was going to bang his Mum and even if I had done, it was all hypothetical fun relating to someone who obviously wasn't his Mum. The difference is that this involved an actual photo of someone who, for all we know, could be Rich's sister, best friend or girlfriend. And jokes are made about what she looks like. Massive difference.

• Paid Members
People are over-protective of Rich at times if anything. He's a grown lad with a kid who's shown before he's not too sensitive to take a joke. That's the only reason people do it, not to pick on him.

It wasn't really the joke at him that anyone was bothered about, it was the dig at the girl on the photo that was uncalled for.

I've gone back loads through this thread and can't find a comparable example. I'm not having a pop at anyone, or even tying it into anything to do with Ritchie, I just think, and have always thought, passing comment on the attractiveness, particularly negatively, on a girl in a picture with someone is just not very...nice, I guess.

I think it might make people think twice about posting it, like Richie who has since taken it down, and that'd be a shame.

• Awards Moderator

I think we're catching each other in mid-edit here, PMDW. I don't think, or I'd to like to think, I'd be any different to any comment made towards any other photo put by another member. It's not a Rich-defence thing, it was just the comment about a random person I thought was a bit off.

Edited by Frankie Crisp

• Paid Members

Nah, it was harmless. My comment was implying I wouldn't like to be reminded of Richie with a girl. Which was pretty obvious.

There's a thread in Gold ripping on a member for his relationship or lack thereof with an innocent bystander that he posted photos of. People said she was semi-attractive too, that any different?

Yup. I never said I was going to bang his Mum and even if I had done, it was all hypothetical fun relating to someone who obviously wasn't his Mum. The difference is that this involved an actual photo of someone who, for all we know, could be Rich's sister, best friend or girlfriend. And jokes are made about what she looks like. Massive difference.

I thought that whole night was hilarious, to be fair. The coincidence of bumping into a woman saying she was from Barrow Island and had sons that were into wrestling was too good to not to be turned into a joke.

I found it even funnier when it turned out to be someone I knew!

Edited by Richie Freebird

• Awards Moderator
Nah, it was harmless. My comment was implying I wouldn't like to be reminded of Richie with a girl. Which was pretty obvious.

There's a thread in Gold ripping on a member for his relationship or lack thereof with an innocent bystander that he posted photos of. People said she was semi-attractive too, that any different?

Nope, not at all. That was a very uncomfortable thread. Funny for the right reasons, not funny for the wrong reasons.

Edited by Frankie Crisp

• Paid Members

Indeed, I think it's common courtesy to be honest when commenting on bystanders the said poster knows. Had it been my pic, I'd be fine with a jape about me. But if that was my missus or sister and someone took the piss, yeah different story there.

Edited by PunkStep

No, not really. Though I don't know the particular example.

I love this place, I'd be gutted if I posted a picture of me and the missus at Big Ben (or something) as happy as Larry, only to return to stuff like 'eh, she's alright'.

Edited by d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members

And obviously, my comment was a jape about Rich, knowing he can usually have a joke. And Van Dammers comment was totally innocent. Over-reacting for me, sorry.

Edit - Well, I've had that on here personally Daz and wasn't phased by it, despite pretty lousy comments. You'd got to anticipate that if you post pictures on an open forum full of strangers and be able to have a thick skin about it if you're going to do it. Of course it's courteous. Although we're strangers a lot of us know a lot about each other really if we post frequently and you feel like you can have some jovial humour with each other in the same way you would with your mates. Some are too sensitive on here at times.

Edited by ShortOrderCook

No, not really. Though I don't know the particular example.

I love this place, I'd be gutted if I posted a picture of me and the missus at Big Ben (or something) as happy as Larry, only to return to stuff like 'eh, she's alright'.

Youve said that twice now, who actually said that?

My post was a light hearted joke about being a Liverpool fan, not the attractiveness of any girl, move on.