Steroids in britwres

Jetta's G-string

I'm sure I've said this before, but I'd be amazed if Cena maintains that physique without some help. I quite believe he was a natural bodybuilder back in the day, but building and maintaining a superman physique as a bodybuilder who works a few days in a gym is quite different to doing the same while on the road 300 days a year, taking bumps every night, flying all over the world to do promotions and picking up serious injuries and muscle tears at semi-regular intervals.

I'd be willing to bet the really top stars either aren't tested as 'randomly' as the others, or know all the loopholes. Wasn't there a story in a Scott Steiner shoot interview once where they asked him to go for a random drug test, and he said fine - IF they picked Triple H up in the limo and took him for a test at the same time. Neither of them ended up taking the test.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As I said in my previous post, even the various athletic commissions in the US don't use random drug testing on legit athletes such as boxers or MMA fighters, so why should we believe that WWE "randomly" tests its athletes?

I don't believe that's the case, and I also don't believe that guys who look the way Cena, Otunga, Zeke and Mason Ryan do with the schedule they keep aren't using PED's. Not that I think there's anything wrong with that, of course. I just don't think they should be bullshitting anyone.

I'm sure I've said this before, but I'd be amazed if Cena maintains that physique without some help. I quite believe he was a natural bodybuilder back in the day, but building and maintaining a superman physique as a bodybuilder who works a few days in a gym is quite different to doing the same while on the road 300 days a year, taking bumps every night, flying all over the world to do promotions and picking up serious injuries and muscle tears at semi-regular intervals. I'd be willing to bet the really top stars either aren't tested as 'randomly' as the others, or know all the loopholes. Wasn't there a story in a Scott Steiner shoot interview once where they asked him to go for a random drug test, and he said fine - IF they picked Triple H up in the limo and took him for a test at the same time. Neither of them ended up taking the test.

Surely Scott Steiner was long gone before they starting testing again? Or were they doing drug tests even before the wellness policy was actually introduced?

• Paid Members

The Steiner incident was indeed before the introduction of the wellness policy.

I suspect the WWE has more stringent testing than the "legit athletes", as it has a far longer record of steroid related deaths associated with it than boxing or MMA.

I suspect the WWE has more stringent testing than the "legit athletes", as it has a far longer record of steroid related deaths associated with it than boxing or MMA.

If they are actually throwing random tests at guys (which I don't think they are personally) then they're idiots.

I'll bite. How so?

Because it's not a real sport, that's why! It's like Warner Brothers drug testing actors in their movies! WWE are under absolutely no obligation to provide any testing, much less random testing.I'd guess that most of it is nonsense, and that talent know well in advance when they'll be tested, allowing them to make the required adjustments to their routines. One look at the likes of Mason Ryan, David Otunga and many others would suggest that the testing is either complete bullshit or the talent know in advance when they'll be tested.

• Paid Members

I'll bite. How so?

Because it's not a real sport, that's why! It's like Warner Brothers drug testing actors in their movies! WWE are under absolutely no obligation to provide any testing, much less random testing.
It's not about using them to gain an unfair advantage on an opponent. It's to find out who is taking them illegally. If there is a genuine requirement, then their prescription will be on file. If they're buying them under the counter, or ordering them from online and in packaging proclaiming it's something else, then Vince is at risk of another federal investigation. On top of that, those that are using steroids unmonitored and pretending it's something else to hide their use, they carry the risk of it becoming abuse. After the media buttfucking he got over the Benoit incident, do you really think Vince is so apathetic toward another incident - be it death, adverse reaction or full on wig out murder spree - that can be linked to steroid use?

• Paid Members

I'll bite. How so?

Because it's not a real sport, that's why! It's like Warner Brothers drug testing actors in their movies! WWE are under absolutely no obligation to provide any testing, much less random testing.I'd guess that most of it is nonsense, and that talent know well in advance when they'll be tested, allowing them to make the required adjustments to their routines. One look at the likes of Mason Ryan, David Otunga and many others would suggest that the testing is either complete bullshit or the talent know in advance when they'll be tested.
Wasnt it Balls Mahoney who said that it was easy to find out when the 'random' tests were going to happen?

• Paid Members

I'll bite. How so?

Nobody blames Warner Brothers when an actor bites the big one in a mountain of coke. If a wrestler dies young from steroid abuse, the finger is squarely pointed at Vince for pushing gear on his talent. It's obviously implied in this industry that bigger guys will go further, The wellness policy, however legit it is, is there so that next time Billy Graham is on CNN cursing Vince for causing another user to drop dead at 35 they can mention that the man in question had been suspended twice, offered rehab and finally released. And even then, still offered rehab treatment paid by WWE.For what it's worth, Nick Dismore testified to the policy being legit at a training seminar I attended (in his words "it is legit, otherwise I wouldn't be here")With that said, it's not hard to believe there's another Signature Pharmacy out there writing prescriptions for certain individuals.

• Paid Members

I'll bite. How so?

Because it's not a real sport, that's why! It's like Warner Brothers drug testing actors in their movies! WWE are under absolutely no obligation to provide any testing, much less random testing.
My mate has to do a drug test today in order to sign on with a recruitment agency.

Wasnt it Balls Mahoney who said that it was easy to find out when the 'random' tests were going to happen?

How would he know though? As far as I'm aware he hasn't spent a lot of time areound WWE since the Wellness Policy came in.Truth is I don't know how legit the policy is, nor does anyone else on here, but I can't look at someone and decide from their appearance what they do or do not take. Anyone that says they can is full of shit. If it was that easy they wouldn't need drug tests in the first place.

• Paid Members

Truth is I don't know how legit the policy is,

People get suspended and fired, often at times in their careers/angles that benefits neither themselves or the WWE product. Anyone on here still in touch with Steve Lewington?

I can't look at someone and decide from their appearance what they do or do not take. Anyone that says they can is full of shit.

Indeed, as the Rob Terry discussion from earlier this year showed.

• Moderators

Truth is I don't know how legit the policy is,

People get suspended and fired, often at times in their careers/angles that benefits neither themselves or the WWE product. Anyone on here still in touch with Steve Lewington?
Yeah but one of the possible arguments for that angle is that they are a sacrificial lamb, who get done to save having to test one of the bigger drawing names if they are likely to fail.

Archived