Steroids in britwres

Jetta's G-string

When I watched the Royal Rumble I was pretty surprised by the amount of huge bulging monsters that appeared on the show. I actually started a thread to see if people believed that the rules on steroids had begen to become relaxed again. Quite a few believed there had been a fair amount of it going on all the way through the latest drug testing era.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you know for a fact that some people are jacking up, then fair enough. But what I want to know is how it's clear to the OP that a lot of the UK50 are using steroids just by looking at their pictures. WWE has a strict drug testing policy yet you don't see John Cena getting 30-day suspensions and he's a fucking tank, who's to say that the UK guys aren't doing the same thing he is?

I'm sure a few top line guys were caught, but can't remember off the top of my head. Misterio and Hardy for starters (I think..)However you are presuming that Cena IS on steroids, but there is no evidence to say that he is. I can't say for sure that he isn't, but considering the fact that the guy was a champion body builder prior to WWE and use to look EVEN MORE jakked when he was training full time, it would not surprise me if he was natural.

If you know for a fact that some people are jacking up, then fair enough. But what I want to know is how it's clear to the OP that a lot of the UK50 are using steroids just by looking at their pictures. WWE has a strict drug testing policy yet you don't see John Cena getting 30-day suspensions and he's a fucking tank, who's to say that the UK guys aren't doing the same thing he is?

I'm sure a few top line guys were caught, but can't remember off the top of my head. Misterio and Hardy for starters (I think..)However you are presuming that Cena IS on steroids, but there is no evidence to say that he is. I can't say for sure that he isn't, but considering the fact that the guy was a champion body builder prior to WWE and use to look EVEN MORE jakked when he was training full time, it would not surprise me if he was natural.
No that's not what I meant. What I mean is that if you were to assume somebody is a roidhead just by looking at their physique then surely Cena would be an ideal example, yet we know he doesn't do steroids because he's never been caught by the Wellness Policy. He just works hard and eats right.What I'm saying is, why is so hard to believe that the UK guys (or jacked guys in general) aren't just working hard in the gym and eating correctly?

I've been around steroids quite a bit, I know a lot of people who take them too. And I would honestly say that Cena is NOT on steroids, and I think this because I remember how quick he came back from his pectoral tear and I remember thinking that his body looked no different from before he was injured, with an injury like that you literally can not lift weights, so if he was 'gassed up' then he would've 'deflated' whilst injured, and in the short time before he returned no way could he have gotten his physique back...in my opinion anyway. Also, unlike other wrestlers, his body has literally stayed the same ever since he started.Anyway back on topic. I agree Slapnut, looking at those pictures, none of them look obviously 'gassed' to me, there's some good physiques there but not so great that they can't be achieved naturally with hard work and good dieting. Going through the pictures of the UKFF 50 though, and I counted 23 wrestlers in that list who wouldn't get booked by me simply because their look.

No that's not what I meant. What I mean is that if you were to assume somebody is a roidhead just by looking at their physique then surely Cena would be an ideal example, yet we know he doesn't do steroids because he's never been caught by the Wellness Policy. He just works hard and eats right.What I'm saying is, why is so hard to believe that the UK guys (or jacked guys in general) aren't just working hard in the gym and eating correctly?
Ah I see. Sorry.

I've been around steroids quite a bit, I know a lot of people who take them too. And I would honestly say that Cena is NOT on steroids, and I think this because I remember how quick he came back from his pectoral tear and I remember thinking that his body looked no different from before he was injured, with an injury like that you literally can not lift weights, so if he was 'gassed up' then he would've 'deflated' whilst injured, and in the short time before he returned no way could he have gotten his physique back...in my opinion anyway. Also, unlike other wrestlers, his body has literally stayed the same ever since he started.Anyway back on topic. I agree Slapnut, looking at those pictures, none of them look obviously 'gassed' to me, there's some good physiques there but not so great that they can't be achieved naturally with hard work and good dieting. Going through the pictures of the UKFF 50 though, and I counted 23 wrestlers in that list who wouldn't get booked by me simply because their look.

Because they are too big, too small, or too "steroidie"?

Because they are too big, too small, or too "steroidie"?
A mixture of too small and too 'ordinary' looking

Thing is, with the roids, you can keep on alot of the bulk after you've come off em if you train like a fucking demon. I'd be somewhat surprised if cena didn't do em back in the day, but come off em as he came into wrasslin.Could be wrong mind, but doubt it.

• Paid Members

I've been led to be believe some do, and oddly some who do who don't look like it because they don't really use them right.Allegedly any way, who knows what's true and what's bollocks.Its down to them I guess, I couldn't care one way or the other as long as they know the full risks.

We all know the dangers of abusing steroids and in an ideal world there would be no reason for any wrestlers to feel like they HAD to use steroids in order to succeed. It's easy to say that it's the "personal choice" of a wrestler whether he uses or not but it's not an ideal world though and I think that the industry is responsible for putting pressure on performers to carry as much muscle mass as possible.It's a sad situation that so many wrestlers feel they NEED to take steroids, especially in British wrestling where only a tiny percentage of performers can make a living from the "sport" or would ever succeed in reaching the big time in the US. It really shouldn't be necessary but that's the way the industry is.Incidentally, I'd be surprised if HHH, Batista or Cena had ever been selected for a random drugs test, but of course I could be wrong.

I'm sure a few top line guys were caught, but can't remember off the top of my head. Misterio and Hardy for starters (I think..)

However you are presuming that Cena IS on steroids, but there is no evidence to say that he is. I can't say for sure that he isn't, but considering the fact that the guy was a champion body builder prior to WWE and use to look EVEN MORE jakked when he was training full time, it would not surprise me if he was natural.

No that's not what I meant. What I mean is that if you were to assume somebody is a roidhead just by looking at their physique then surely Cena would be an ideal example, yet we know he doesn't do steroids because he's never been caught by the Wellness Policy. He just works hard and eats right.

What I'm saying is, why is so hard to believe that the UK guys (or jacked guys in general) aren't just working hard in the gym and eating correctly?

I'm guessing a lot of part time British Wrestlers haven't got the time between work and family to put in the endless hours in the gym to keep those ripped physiques, steroids would provide and shorcut to get around that.

Am I right or do I need to stfu?

I'm sure a few top line guys were caught, but can't remember off the top of my head. Misterio and Hardy for starters (I think..)

However you are presuming that Cena IS on steroids, but there is no evidence to say that he is. I can't say for sure that he isn't, but considering the fact that the guy was a champion body builder prior to WWE and use to look EVEN MORE jakked when he was training full time, it would not surprise me if he was natural.

No that's not what I meant. What I mean is that if you were to assume somebody is a roidhead just by looking at their physique then surely Cena would be an ideal example, yet we know he doesn't do steroids because he's never been caught by the Wellness Policy. He just works hard and eats right.

What I'm saying is, why is so hard to believe that the UK guys (or jacked guys in general) aren't just working hard in the gym and eating correctly?

I'm guessing a lot of part time British Wrestlers haven't got the time between work and family to put in the endless hours in the gym to keep those ripped physiques, steroids would provide and shorcut to get around that.

I'm no expert, but I'd think taking steroids instead of going to the gym isn't going to get you very far at all.

I'm no expert, but I'd think taking steroids instead of going to the gym isn't going to get you very far at all.

I don't mean they shoot themselves full of HGH and get massive without lifting a finger. I mean steroids + 2 hours in the gym = no steroids and 5 hours in the gym kind of thing.

• Paid Members

Steroids make you recover from training faster, meaning you can train more frequently. To get the benefit from them, you need to train just as - if not more - intensely than if you're not using them.

Many of the WWE guys have commented that the use in the industry is just as much about recovering from last night match and ready for tonights as it is about building bulk.

Isn't it true that many athletes (legit athletes, not pro wrestlers) who use steroids simply switch onto HGH when they suspect that they may have a test coming up? That stuff can't be picked up in any of the tests that are around these days.

Also, with regards to WWE's drug testing policy, are we to believe that they employ more stringent testing than we see MMA fighters and boxers go through? The general perception is that WWE athletes get hit with random tests, yeah? That doesn't even happen in MMA or boxing.

Archived