Steroids in britwres

Jetta's G-string

i always thought that, since its not an actual sport its not really a issue, other than a moral one i suppose.I wonder what british promoters think about it?

Can they make money from it?

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I agree with everyone not looking the same, but even the small guys should look like athletes, look fitter than the average guy in the street

Pac being a perfect example of this. He

It obviously fucks up your body and turns you into a bit of a cunt but I don't think I could take a wrestler seriously if he was skinnier than half the guys I see on the street everyday.

Without wanting to turn this into another Benoit thread. This comment here pretty much explains that whole situation. Translated it basically says:

Fuck yourself up physically, destroy yourself mentally. I want to be entertained for 10 minutes and who cares about the side affects. If you don't do it I wont respond to you, nobody else will respond to you and when the roids do kill you I'll change my view and say its your own fault for taking them when you know exactly what happens but dont worry I'll change back to the take them view as soon as the dust settles.

• Paid Members

A Lada car is far more reliable than an Alfa Romeo. However the Alfa Romeo is a far better looking car, and if I owned a car dealership, i'd choose to put the Alfa Romeo on the forecourt over a Lada every day of the week.

This.In this day and age, since WWF replaced WoS as the wrestling interest over here, interest is about look and appearance rather than wrestling being portrayed as a competitive sport. I think the popularity of the WWF has obviously made a massive contribution into this, but as has the fact that everybody now knows it's a work. Wrestling is no longer a 'competitive sport' now people know more about it, it is seen as a show- an over-the-top performance. And the look forms a large part of this. People go to wrestling to see larger-than-life- both in size and character- individuals. Casual fans expect to see buff bastards and not skinny white boys that would make Suwa shout 'shiiiiiiit'.Is it right? I don't know, probably not, it does overshadow hard work and talent. But a look is very important. For those that put the effort into looking good clean, fair play to them- because it's fucking hard to do and requires a lot of dedication. Perhaps more hard work and dedicaton than learning to wrestle. As for steroids, I don't know. It's not perfomance enhancing, but it is damaging to the body, then again I guess it's their risk (the user) at the end of the day.

Who exactly is using steroids in Britwres? How can you tell it's just not hard work and the correct diet?

From what I understand of steroids you still need hard work and correct diet with or without the steroids.Anyway.... I can tell you that there are steroids being used on the Britwres scene, though I don't think it would be fair for anyone here (with or without actual first hand knowledge) to name and shame any of the guys on the scene, or speculate who is or isn't on the gear.As for whether its right or wrong.... heck I've heard arguments from wrestlers on both sides of the arguments. I've also known guys who have used them responsibly and have not (at this point anyway) had any serious problems, but on the other hand, I know a few guys who have (in my opinion) gone beyond the point of reasonable use (abuse) and could suffer as a result of it now or in the future.Ultimately it is down to your personal decision as to whether you use them or not. And whilst I enjoy alcohol and whilst I'm utterly addicted to caffeine, I will always feel funny about telling someone that they shouldn't take drugs. After all who am I to condemn someone who uses steroids in a controlled manner, whilst I excuse my own choice of drug taking behind the "well it's legal" reasoning. However one thing a wrestler did tell me, and it's a interest argument is this: "Unlike something like heroin, at least steroids encourage you to live and eat a healthy lifestyle." Overall I'm neither for or against, I just hope that if people decide to use them they do so on the side of caution. Besides I've seen / know of more teenagers who have a worse steroid habit than wrestlers on the UK scene. And that, frankly, scares me a little.

if its anything like the mma scene, its got to be rife. to the poster who said everyone would look the same, do you think the hardy boys look like typical roid heads? how bout raven, jericho, mysterio. not typical meatheads, but i bet they all took roids. to me, its a health and legal issue, and not even a particularly bad one. i'd hazard a guess that the amount roiding would surprise you

If you know for a fact that some people are jacking up, then fair enough. But what I want to know is how it's clear to the OP that a lot of the UK50 are using steroids just by looking at their pictures. WWE has a strict drug testing policy yet you don't see John Cena getting 30-day suspensions and he's a fucking tank, who's to say that the UK guys aren't doing the same thing he is?

WWE has a strict drug testing policy yet you don't see John Cena getting 30-day suspensions and he's a fucking tank, who's to say that the UK guys aren't doing the same thing he is?

WWE's drug policy isn't strict enough to see Cena getting hit with a 30 day suspension. How many top stars have been caught out by these tests?

• Paid Members

WWE has a strict drug testing policy yet you don't see John Cena getting 30-day suspensions and he's a fucking tank, who's to say that the UK guys aren't doing the same thing he is?

WWE's drug policy isn't strict enough to see Cena getting hit with a 30 day suspension. How many top stars have been caught out by these tests?
Aren't I correct in thinking the tests are done randomly by an independent? Am I also remembering correctly that John Cena had a reputation for being natual?To answer your question though, Jeff Hardy, William Regal (I include him because from memory he was heavily involved in raw at the time), Umaga, Rey Mysterio, and I'm sure Randy Orton has been suspended a couple of times too.

There's been quite a few top stars. Orton, Mysterio, Edge, Jeff Hardy among others. Plus, maybe, just maybe, the rest of the top stars like Cena and Triple H haven't been caught because they are clean, or at least have been since the Wellness Policy came into play.

Archived