UFC 136: 'Edgar vs Maynard III' Discussion Thread

wandshogun09

Edgar vs Maynard 3  

29 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members

542612-fs-fsv-ppv-ufc-136.jpg

MAIN CARD (ESPN)

Frankie Edgar vs. Gray Maynard (for lightweight title)

Jose Aldo vs. Kenny Florian (for featherweight title)

Chael Sonnen vs. Brian Stann

Melvin Guillard vs. Joe Lauzon

Leonard Garcia vs. Nam Phan

PRELIMINARY CARD (Probably on ufc.tv)

Demian Maia vs. Jorge Santiago

Anthony Pettis vs. Jeremy Stephens

PRELIMINARY CARD (Probably on Facebook)

Joey Beltran vs. Stipe Miocic

Darren Elkins vs. Tiequan Zhang

Eric Schafer vs. Aaron Simpson

Steve Cantwell vs. Mike Massenzio

Fucking excellent stuff here. Shame we won't be getting the 2 Spike prelims on ESPN because it's probably the best prelims show they've ever done to date. They should be on ufc.tv for us though.

All 5 main card fights look great. Winner of Sonnen/Action Man should be next in line for Anderson Silva and Guillard should be very close to a title shot with a win over Creepy Joe. Garcia vs Phan 2 should be the perfect way to open the PPV if it's anything like the first one.

The 2 title fights give this PPV a must see feel. Dunno which way to go with Edgar/Maynard. I'm thinking Ken-Flo's gonna get battered by Aldo though.

Discuss

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

If Kenny loses another pound he'll be invisible. He's already 2D at 145.

I'm going with Aldo by TKO and Sonnen by decision. Not sure with the main yet, today I'm thinking Edgar but it might be Maynard tomorrow. It's a tricky one. I haven't given it too much thought yet.

Great card on paper. I've looked forward to Edgar/Maynard III ever since the second ended (it's still my Fight of the Year). Hoping Edgar wins and I believe he will. Can you imagine if it's a draw again or if Edgar wins, a rubber fight will be needed for the fourth one down the line? Maynard needs to win because with the lightweight division as deep as it is, it's going to take a while to get another UFC Lightweight Championship shot and that would be his third chance. If Edgar loses, he should get one after a fight or two.

Other predictions: Aldo, Sonnen (though I go back and forth on that one), Guillard and Phan win the main card fights.

has it been confirmed by Dana that the winner of Sonnen/Stann gets a title shot because i read Belfort making some noise about challenging the winner.

UFC wins either way because if Stann wins, you have a former US Marine going up against the dominant Anderson Silva and if Sonnen wins, Silva/Sonnen II writes itself.

Guillard should be very close to a title shot with a win over Creepy Joe.

Dana said last week something along the lines of "If Guillard gets another win next weekend, it'd be hard not see him as a No.1 contender".

Guillard's fight should be interesting because if he wins big, it challenges Henderson/Guida to do better. I think the winner of that fight should get the next UFC Lightweight Title shot and I'm hoping it's Henderson.

Is he ignoring Cerrone and Siver? Surely the winner of that fight is next in line.

The UFC Lightweight division is fucking stacked, it gets my vote for the best/toughest UFC weight division, Light Heavyweight is a close second.

I think David is right, albeit in a non-dickhead way. Maynard just has the tools I reckon.

Have to disagree, I think Maynard doesn't have enough tools. Edgar outwrestled, almost subbed and outstook Maynard after the 1st round last time out.

Bar Maynard landing a huge bomb, I see Edgar winning handily.

Archived