UFC 136: 'Edgar vs Maynard III' Discussion Thread

wandshogun09

Edgar vs Maynard 3  

29 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members
Guillard's fight should be interesting because if he wins big, it challenges Henderson/Guida to do better. I think the winner of that fight should get the next UFC Lightweight Title shot and I'm hoping it's Henderson.

Exactly. I think they will hold off and see what happens with Guillard/Lauzon and Guida/Henderson and whoever wins most impressively gets the shot.

I'll be the first to talk sense and say that Maynard takes the main event via decision.

That was my first though aswell. I'm back and forth but I think I will end up settling on a Maynard decision win. As amazing as Edgar's comeback was in the second fight I can't help feel it was largely because Gray blew his wad in the first round.

I do feel Edgar is the better all round MMA fighter but I really feel Maynard's strength will win him the fight like in their first fight. He should have the slight edge as long as he keeps it a wrestling match. On the feet, although Edgar's the better striker, Gray's got the power advantage as shown in their last fight.

Maynard on points I'll say. I'll stick with that.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Added polls for the top 3 fights, should be interesting

The question I'd like to throw out there to our regulars is this, if Maynard wins, who does he fight next if you had the choice?

Ben Henderson would be a great fight. Of the top 3 Bendo, Guida and Guillard I think he'd give Maynard the toughest fight of the 3.

Like others before me have said, Ben Henderson.

Guillard's fight should be interesting because if he wins big, it challenges Henderson/Guida to do better. I think the winner of that fight should get the next UFC Lightweight Title shot and I'm hoping it's Henderson.

Exactly. I think they will hold off and see what happens with Guillard/Lauzon and Guida/Henderson and whoever wins most impressively gets the shot.

Agreed.

• Paid Members

I'd say whoever loses between Edgar & Maynard should fight the winner of Guillard/Lauzon & the winner of Guida/Henderson should get the shot. I don't think it's overly harsh that after a failed title shot that former challenger should win their next 2 fights before being back in the title hunt, especially in a division so stacked.

I've never really been a fan of people getting another title shot straight away or after one fight, unless of course there's extenuating circumstances such as a draw/controversial finish.

Archived