An Idiot Abroad 2: The Bucket List

wandshogun09

• Paid Members

Anyone gonna be watching this? Any fans on here of the man with a head like a fucking orange?

SNN31TV2KP-karl_1319977a.jpg

I think it's pretty clear Karl Pilkington is playing up to the persona but I can't help but laugh at him. Loved series 1 and this time they've upped the ante with him having to do things you must do 'before you die'.

I'm really looking forward to this.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The fact there is a second series proves he is playing up to his character. In the first series he didn't enjoy himself one bit (which was funny) and I'm sure I remembering him saying something along the lines of "I'm never doing anything like this again". For there to be a second series is dumb, why would he put himself through it all again if he really did hate it the first time round.

The whole charade got tedious towards the end of the last series and I think I'll give this one a miss. :sneaky:

I loved every second of it. And whether he plays up to it or not is irrelevant. What matters is whether you enjoy watching it. Personally I don't think he does. From what Ricky Gervais & Steve Merchant have been saying about him for years, long before he became a known personality, he doesn't seem to have changed one bit. So why would he go through it again?

• Paid Members

:laugh: yeah i just thought i'd get in first on the persona thing because I knew it would come up. I don't give a shit either if he is exaggerating a bit. As long as it's funny and if it's like series 1 I'll be happy.

Anyway, the old podcasts are from a few years ago and he was just the same then so maybe it's genuine.

tumblr_l98wf0cjre1qbi71b.gif

000dw015.gif

:laugh:

I've listen to all the podcasts/audiobooks and just going through the old xfm shows (which are just as good as the later ones). I think the only way he seems exaggerated on the series is because I bet he producer/camera man is telling him what to do to get the footage they want.

• Paid Members

Loved the first series immensely. I think Karl is genuine, but has the brains to go with a joke or ham it up slightly knowing that something funny will probably come out of that.

However the biggest laughs from me were usually his quick comments to people or about the places he visits, so as long as that keeps going I'll enjoy it.

Sky+'d

The fact there is a second series proves he is playing up to his character. In the first series he didn't enjoy himself one bit (which was funny) and I'm sure I remembering him saying something along the lines of "I'm never doing anything like this again". For there to be a second series is dumb, why would he put himself through it all again if he really did hate it the first time round.

The whole charade got tedious towards the end of the last series and I think I'll give this one a miss. :sneaky:

kemp.gif

• Paid Members

I cant wait for it. Glad they havent kept us waiting for too long. I've watched the first series several times and it still doesnt get old.

Whats everyones favourite moments/lines from Series one then? The one line thats amongst his very best is when he's talking about The Great Wall.. 'it goes on for miles and miles... but so does the M6'

his one liners such as something like "I didnt say it was lovely, you're putting words in my mouth...along with other things" and the line about the old woman walking through the market having left the house when she was 10 seemed quick witted and brilliant

I couldnt give a shit whether he is numb as a box of bricks or a comedy genius, I laugh out loud at him constantly and thats all that matters to me

• Paid Members

Whether it was put on or over-embeleshed, I don't give a shit: An Idiot Abroad was hilarious television and I cannot wait for the 2nd series :thumbsup:

This and the new series of Boardwalk Empire will tie me over until new series of The Apprentice and Game of Thrones hit our screens. Oh, and that Terra Nova as well.

Archived