An Idiot Abroad 2: The Bucket List

wandshogun09

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Oh yes.

The Short Way Round

AN Idiot Abroad star Karl Pilkington is to travel the world on a moped — with dwarf Warwick Davis in a basket on the front.

The pair are being sent on their travels for a show dreamt up by pal Ricky Gervais.

Ricky came up with The Short Way Round to replace An Idiot Abroad, which he has said will not get a third series.

The Short Way Round is a spoof on Ewan McGregor and Charley Boorman's Long Way Round world trip.

It will see Karl joined by Warwick, the star of Ricky's upcoming sitcom Life's Too Short.

Ricky said: "I send Karl around the world on a bike with Warwick in the front basket. It's not Shakespeare, but it's funny, right?"

An Idiot Abroad — which sees Karl travel the world at the whim of Ricky and comedy sidekick Stephen Merchant — continues its second series on Sky 1 at 9pm on Friday.

A source said: "Ricky loves An Idiot Abroad but he wants to tweak it a bit, so has come up with a completely different show.

"It's a buddy thing where lanky Karl and tiny Warwick ride off together and get into all sorts of scrapes.

"Karl secretly loves travelling at Ricky's expense, even if he is the butt of most of the jokes. It's not exactly a hard life, is it?"

• Paid Members

Anyone see this week's episode?

I was pissing myself more than any episode so far. Especially at the bit on the boat when he was trying to watch King Kong and nearly lost the plot 'cause he could only get the sound and no picture. And the bit when he was being pulled by the huskey's and couldn't get them to stop.

I've never seen him so stressed as he was in this episode :laugh:

• 2 weeks later...

Archived