What is British wrestling coming to?

Ravenhill Promotions

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Other companies run "your town", get over it. If your shows are that much better then you shouldn't be worried.

And what about fans that don't see the difference between one and another? To many it's just "wrestling". So the next time wrestling comes to town, no matter if it's better or not, casual fans are put off and it does the good promotions a dis-service.

• Paid Members
And what about fans that don't see the difference between one and another?

Its not 1982 and Verne's come to the Carolinas with Andre and Bockwinkle headlining. Its a promotion in Wales, ran by some 'faggot' who's dipping his toe into the promoting game. He'll probably disappear in a few months. British Wrestling is full of crap like this.

Other companies run "your town", get over it. If your shows are that much better then you shouldn't be worried.

And what about fans that don't see the difference between one and another? To many it's just "wrestling".

Then the onus is on the promoter to make his show stand out as different from the crap show. No fucker thinks Leisure Centre Wrestling is WWE or TNA, do they? If your little wrestling show looks the same as Johnny Shitarse's little wrestling show to the untrained eye/potential punter, then you're as to blame for the confusion as Shitarse is.

And what about fans that don't see the difference between one and another?

Its not 1982 and Verne's come to the Carolinas with Andre and Bockwinkle headlining. Its a promotion in Wales, ran by some 'faggot' who's dipping his toe into the promoting game. He'll probably disappear in a few months. British Wrestling is full of crap like this.

It isn't the first time Ravenhill has posted about "Competition" Maybe he should man the fuck up and stop being such a whiny little faggot about it.

• Paid Members

And what about fans that don't see the difference between one and another? To many it's just "wrestling". So the next time wrestling comes to town, no matter if it's better or not, casual fans are put off and it does the good promotions a dis-service.

That's the reason - a lot of wrestling is advertised as "American Wrestling", to pull in the casuals. Maybe you and I can discern a promotion with Jonny Storm and Dave Mastiff from a bunch of shitarses, but for most, if the "American Wrestling" was shit, all "American Wrestling" live shows that don't carry the WWE brand are shit.

The biggest problem is the shitarsery that wears the cloak of respectability, such as 10 shitarses with Jonny Storm and Dave Mastiff to lend a veil of competency. It might not be a handful of shit, but really, is a shit sandwich that much better?

It isn't the first time Ravenhill has posted about "Competition" Maybe he should man the fuck up and stop being such a whiny little faggot about it.

And on that thread you'll see I got their show cancelled. Does 'man-up' to you mean fight them like a tough guy, or deal with them professionally?

I came on here to get peoples opinions, not have a war of words over certain phrases, i've edited that, so is there really any need to keep bringing that up. Like somebody said, most casual fans can't tell the difference between promotions around the UK, but when Johnny Shitarse charges

Then the onus is on the promoter to make his show stand out as different from the crap show. No fucker thinks Leisure Centre Wrestling is WWE or TNA, do they? If your little wrestling show looks the same as Johnny Shitarse's little wrestling show to the untrained eye/potential punter, then you're as to blame for the confusion as Shitarse is.

I don't disagree with that. Someone is more inclined to go to something if the work is put into it. I was just pointing out one variable that makes it just a bit less simplistic than "get over it".

Danny Rodd is obviously a con man who should be jailed.

I've never heard of Brad Flash or the NWL, same goes for AJ Spitfire.

I can only refer to the shitarse 'promoters' who attempt to run shows in Wales, doing it without the required documentation and using skinny 'wrestlers' who haven't been trained properly.

I asked which type of promotion do you feel is worse. The topic is title "What is BRITISH wrestling coming too?", not "What are other promotions in my local area coming too?".

You can distinguish yourself to the punters from these shit-arse shows by high quality posters to initially attract their attention before the show, something these shit arse shows usually don't take the effort for.

Then justify your higher price tag which better production values, better venues, and a better roster with a lot better matches. Once they've taken the risk on your show and you've given them no reason to complain or feel short changed, they are easier persuaded to return.

Those people who see shitty posters and cheap ass tickets should know what they're getting and realize the difference afterwards IF they wanted to take a chance of wrestling again.

But the 1PW's who charge top money, promise big names and then after they've taken a LOT of money, cancel and close up shop with no one likely to get their money back.

THEY are a lot more damaging overall to the BRITISH scene than any shit arsery in your local area that will fold within 2-3 shows.

you know what i agree first hand here.

i promoted a few shows when i was 15 and they failed terribly. ill tell you a story and im ashamed of it but fuck me i deserved it. i promoted a show in Bolton 5 years ago that fell flat on its face. it was doomed from the start but i was young and my vision was hazy and retarded. anywho i booked a woman who's name escapes me for some reason but she was going out with a big guy and by big i meannnnnn big. who turned out to be none other than wxw's BAD BONES. anyways the show kicks off and i found out before my match i couldn't pay the boys. i did the whole ecw stick and said we can bla bla bla and bacicly mr bones took me outside and threatened to fucking kill me. and you know what i fucking deserved it. ive lost alot of true mates because of my stupidity and i should have fucking got my teeth knocked out. i think people who do the same should expect violence becaulse they will keep running shows....

I quite enjoyed that show and I wouldnt feel too bad about the mistakes you made, you had the best intentions, wasnt this a charity show Kris? And this was a show put on by a kid at the end of the day, its not like they couldnt have foreseen the possibility as well, sorry you were treated so harshly, but you learned and moved on.

Oh and I also wanted to say, faggot is a horrible word, just horrible, why cant people just say gay?

Oh and the only way at the moment to get rid of shit arses, is to put on the best show you can, that way the public wont bother with anything else.

• Paid Members
Oh and I also wanted to say, faggot is a horrible word, just horrible, why cant people just say gay?

The word gay or faggot didnt need to be used in the original post. If someones being a twat to him, that doesnt make him gay. That makes him a twat. Using the word "faggot" also makes the OP a twat as well, to be fair.

Archived