What is British wrestling coming to?

Ravenhill Promotions

Pointless arguing a case against 'Murphy's hand' his mind is already made up. Shame he ain't got a damn clue though. If he did he would realise that it's not competition that Ravenhill is afraid of, he is worried that punters will be reluctant to attend his shows because the last family 'wrestling' show they attended included a bloodbath, barbed wire and dweebs fumbling around a ring cack handedly. These shitarses KILL TOWNS! This is a business! Why can't people understand this concept? The casual fan does not know the difference between a good and bad product before it's too late. This is the reason why his towns and venues should be protected from these dickheads. This isn't fun and games, it is a business. If Ravenhill loses towns, then workers lose bookings, and punters lose shows. It's not rocket science. I know that Ravenhill has even offered some shitarses an opportunity to train at his school in order to sharpen up their act. They refused, instead they preferred to play pretend 'wrestler' sullying local carnivals and the like. Forgive them Father for they know not what they do!

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply
a vigilante punishes people, that is not what Ravenhill has done

so having someones promotion shut down is not punishment??

he is harrassing people on the street because he does'nt like their shows and because its in his town ... harrassing to such an extent their pissed off mothers are giving him shit!

i would say you should be happy with vigilante, as all the other words i could use to describe him are far worse! (mainly cock, dick, bellend and other childish slurs which i wont get into right now)

Pointless arguing a case against 'Murphy's hand' his mind is already made up. Shame he ain't got a damn clue though. If he did he would realise that it's not competition that Ravenhill is afraid of, he is worried that punters will be reluctant to attend his shows because the last family 'wrestling' show they attended included a bloodbath, barbed wire and dweebs fumbling around a ring cack handedly. These shitarses KILL TOWNS! This is a business! Why can't people understand this concept? The casual fan does not know the difference between a good and bad product before it's too late. This is the reason why his towns and venues should be protected from these dickheads. This isn't fun and games, it is a business. If Ravenhill loses towns, then workers lose bookings, and punters lose shows. It's not rocket science. I know that Ravenhill has even offered some shitarses an opportunity to train at his school in order to sharpen up their act. They refused, instead they preferred to play pretend 'wrestler' sullying local carnivals and the like. Forgive them Father for they know not what they do!

if you actualy read what i wrote, then you will have noticed im actualy kind of on his side on the shit promotions topic, i just think the way he deals with it is like a grade A pompus asshole who thinks he owns the rights and rules of wrestling promotion!

but hey, who's here to read facts ... we are all here to argue and act like smart arses!

Here's a real question about a hypothetical scenario. Let's say I won a load of money on Spot the Ball and decided to treat myself to my own wrestling show, where I invited my friends and advertised some tickets at a tenner each. Ian Hitmanhart would obviously be there too. I mention it on here to get some local guys together to make up the bulk of the card, and then with my money, I pay for (and this is all off the top of my head) D'Lo Brown, Val Venis and Jay Lethal to come along. I only intend to do it once, it's largely for my own amusement but I sell tickets in order to have an actual crowd there. Most of the card has your usual skinny British kids jumping around a bit (who I'll pay, but not handsomely), but obviously the main event guys deliver and I have a bloody good time regardless. Oh, and as part of this hypothetical, lets say I live in the same street as a Sunderland equivalent of Ravenhill and I do the show at one of his favourite venues.

Based on the massive and often contradictory ethics that apparently go in to running shows in this country, is this scenario good or bad for those others around it but not directly involved? From where I sit, I had a blast, everybody got paid out of it, the families who bought tickets had a nice time, and that was that. But then, on the other hand, I'm getting shouted at in the street by some bloke whilst another big lad from Middlesbrough calls me a strawberry over the phone and uploads it to Youtube. And then somebody posts to say I'm KILLING BRITISH WRESTLING on here too, because it's somebody else

I did read it, and your literacy skills are clear as mud. You run with the cowboys and hide with the Indians, knocking Ravenhill one minute then 'agreeing with him' the next.!? Look, I'm not trying to be a smart arse, I am just trying to get across, that these Shitarses causes more harm than people realise, this isn't fun and games. Untrained wrestlers will kill someone one day! Don't take my word for it, ask a reputable worker if you know one, these idiots are to be avoided like the plague!

to NEWM, in my opinion the wrong types of shows are those that include people who are placed out of their depth in front of a paying audience. The odd exception would be a card full of pros or semi pros with maybe one match beign clearly announced as a trainee match as a way to plug the academy. Shows with 5 or 6 matches where almost all the roster are not capable of performing effectively in front of a paying audience are the town killers and shitarses. I know their capability will be subjective but paying punters have to get their money's worth or the town will potentially die in terms of promoting shows, regardless of who follows them.

Of course this is only my opinion, many others might have very different views

murphys_hand - for someone who doesnt like anally retentive people you sure do love preaching facts to people, even though I havent noticed many facts in your posts

Moreover, am I underestimating how much your average wrestling-going family will give a shiny shite if one show is rubbish when it comes to making a decision about going to the next one? Surely if Mum and Dad can take the kids to the nearest Miners club for dirt cheap live action on a Saturday, a duff show or two isn't going to make a blind bit of difference?

I think you're underestimating that, for sure. I'd never differentiate between two BritWres shows if I weren't a member here. Having a shit night at a wrestling show could put a family off easily. Especially if they've paid

I did read it, and your literacy skills are clear as mud. You run with the cowboys and hide with the Indians, knocking Ravenhill one minute then 'agreeing with him' the next.!? Look, I'm not trying to be a smart arse, I am just trying to get across, that these Shitarses causes more harm than people realise, this isn't fun and games. Untrained wrestlers will kill someone one day! Don't take my word for it, ask a reputable worker if you know one, these idiots are to be avoided like the plague!

you know, it is possible to agree with someones idea but to at the same time be completly against the way the idea is planned ?

untrained wrestlers should not be working and bad promotions deserve to go under, but nowhere in any form of legal reading states that anyone has the right to harrass people who want to try while being ignorant to what their actualy trying!

harrassing anyone on the street about their business dealings when you are not part of their business and have no place in doing so is simply unacceptable!

as said before in a reply in this thread, you wouldnt see the store manager of the local tescos march to the pound shop as they are selling inferiour goods!

• Paid Members
but hey, who's here to read facts ... we are all here to argue and act like smart arses!

Certainly not you from the looks of it anyway. I'm honestly suprised someone is genuinely trying to defend these people.

I honestly, honestly don't mean to sound facetious in asking here, because I just can't wrap my head around how indignant and temperamental some people sound about this subject sometimes. I feel as though I

Here's a real question about a hypothetical scenario. Let's say I won a load of money on Spot the Ball and decided to treat myself to my own wrestling show, where I invited my friends and advertised some tickets at a tenner each. Ian Hitmanhart would obviously be there too. I mention it on here to get some local guys together to make up the bulk of the card, and then with my money, I pay for (and this is all off the top of my head) D'Lo Brown, Val Venis and Jay Lethal to come along. I only intend to do it once, it's largely for my own amusement but I sell tickets in order to have an actual crowd there. Most of the card has your usual skinny British kids jumping around a bit (who I'll pay, but not handsomely), but obviously the main event guys deliver and I have a bloody good time regardless. Oh, and as part of this hypothetical, lets say I live in the same street as a Sunderland equivalent of Ravenhill and I do the show at one of his favourite venues.

Based on the massive and often contradictory ethics that apparently go in to running shows in this country, is this scenario good or bad for those others around it but not directly involved? From where I sit, I had a blast, everybody got paid out of it, the families who bought tickets had a nice time, and that was that. But then, on the other hand, I'm getting shouted at in the street by some bloke whilst another big lad from Middlesbrough calls me a strawberry over the phone and uploads it to Youtube. And then somebody posts to say I'm KILLING BRITISH WRESTLING on here too, because it's somebody else

• Paid Members
as said before in a reply in this thread, you wouldnt see the store manager of the local tescos march to the pound shop as they are selling inferiour goods!

Actually, the store manager of Tesco might choose to say something if the pound shop where harming his business and not operating in the required maner. By that I mean having Public Liability Insurance, etc.

hell, i bet noone on UKFF can even agree between themselfs what "good" actually is!

Properly trained, competent, safe and entertaining would be a starting point I think most (apart from the idiots and shitarses themselves) would agree on.

This is the most idiotic comparison I've seen you make yet. No punter is going to associate the local pound shop with the local tesco, whereas if they attend a shitarse wrestling show then 3 months later see a poster from a good company with the word "Wrestling" on it then there will be an immediate association with the shitarse show from 3 months previous.

Ravenhill is in the right here, we've been lucky in our area that most of the shitarse companies don't run up here but they have in the past. (we had to persuade and convince one town hall to take our booking because they had a shitarse company in there TEN years ago, so don't tell me it doesn't have a lasting effect).

This is the most idiotic comparison I've seen you make yet. No punter is going to associate the local pound shop with the local tesco, whereas if they attend a shitarse wrestling show then 3 months later see a poster from a good company with the word "Wrestling" on it then there will be an immediate association with the shitarse show from 3 months previous.

Ravenhill is in the right here, we've been lucky in our area that most of the shitarse companies don't run up here but they have in the past. (we had to persuade and convince one town hall to take our booking because they had a shitarse company in there TEN years ago, so don't tell me it doesn't have a lasting effect).

I was flyering and a bunch of kids were standing about asking what I was advertising. When I said it was wrestling and mentioned the venue I was told in no uncertain terms that it was shit and they wouldnt be attending cos they saw how bad we were last year. A local shop refused to put my poster up saying everyone they spoke to had felt ripped off last year. This was only our third ever show and our first at this venue but the previous year a company that I would certainly describe as falling into the shitarse category had killed the venue. It had a massive impact on the draw and I wouldnt bother using that venue again as it already has a stigma attached as far as the locals are concerned. None of them realised or cared that we were very different companies.

Archived