WWE Raw Discussion **SPOILERS**

Mr.Showtime

I mean why must wrestling have a lower standard of consistent story telling "just because" it's wrestling?

There's no reason it should, but it does. And has done for years. Going by your post there, you've hated wrestling since the attitude era began and they started doing all the contract signings and regular authority figures?

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
It definitely is meant to be a weird dynamic, but some of the stuff they came out with sounded so forced. "Doesn't that happen after puberty?"

NO. As good as HHH, Cena and Orton are, they should not be involved with each other. Especially when trying to establish new stars and a new era. Cena, HHH and Orton as opponents would just take everything straight back to stale, status-quo boring WWE when at least two of the three were always feuding with each other. They've all wrestled each other so many times that it's impossible to seem fresh or for the results to matter.

Agree in principal, but:

Cena HAS to be involved. He's the face of the company. At least HHH in an authority role would mean less ring time and they could build to a match of actual interest between the two. Keeping Punk as a focal point will keep things interesting enough. You can even still keep Punk as the main focus. After all, Cena's got Dwayne to worry about for the time being.

As for Orton, a heel turn and a realignment with HHH would then free up space for a new star or two to to step up to that upper echelon babyface mantra.

• Paid Members

From WWE.com:

Kevin Nash released

September 7, 2011

WWE has come to terms on the release of WWE Superstar Kevin Nash as of Monday, Sept. 5, 2011. We wish Kevin the best in all future endeavors.

I wonder if we get a new stable of Ace, HHH and Nash then? I cant see Nash being on TV until the PPV now, so something must be going down at the PPV.

I regret having any wrestling related pages on my Facebook feed. I know it's Facebook and not a chair meeting of wrestling intelligentsia but the amount of people - many of them older teenagers and adults - who comment on articles as if it was an honest to god sport scares the shit out of me. Not only should Nash have been fired but some are genuinly worried about R-Truth's mental stability. Nuts.

• Paid Members
Read:

Its definitely storyline. They didnt release him on September 5, because he was on Raw and got kayfabe fired, so its pure storyline.

You're assuming logic where there isn't any.

-Meltzer

Natayla showed more personality during that four minutes on commentary than she has in her entire career. It was all going so well until she said that the WWE Universe needed "vegetables"... which coincidentally seems to be the companies target market right now.

Unless they're heading towards some kind of awesome civil war storyline I think I'm pretty much done with the WWE, I just don't care anymore and watching Raw has become the kind of chore that I have to force myself to get done every week. I'm tired of the shitty characters, the predictable twists and swerves and most of all I'm tired of being bored by something I love.

Archived