WWE Raw Discussion **SPOILERS**

Mr.Showtime

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Harry's named his 25 man squad.

Makes no difference to League Cup and FA Cup matches. Nash's experience is probably what he's looking at.

I was expecting a "he couldnt pass a medical LOLz" type joke to be honest.

Yeah, that wasn't good, was it?

It was dreadful I thought. Everyone knows a sledgehammer would do more than knock you out for a three second pinfall. You dont need it rubbing in your face.

I really think the booking has all gone a bit to shit over the last couple of weeks.

I'd love them to pull it back around and prove me completely wrong, but that is seeming less likely as each week's episode finishes. First off, I fucking love Nash, have done literally since 1994 when Diesel stared punching people behind Referee's backs. That said, all of his delivery has been crappy, pretty much. There was that one moment a couple of weeks ago where he looked smug as fuck and all was well, but outside of that his delivery has sounded as forced/fake as anything I'd normally rip the piss out of on WWE TV. This should never be the case when it's Nash.

I also agree with everyone saying that Punk's character has gone from a balls-of-steel, renegade, to a bit of a childish prick. There are still flashes of greatness, but the comedown from those first two weeks has been huge.

Do they even know what they are supposed to be achieving here? If Punk is their next big face (not biggest perhaps, but big) then why is he being booked to sound like a petulant child, and why is Triple H been shown as a total badass, just biting his tongue? If H is supposed to be the Heel, they need to do something very different, because at the moment, Punk is losing momentum and trips is gaining it. They don't need to build Triple H, he's a made man already.

As things stand, the "change" Punk wanted to bring has been completely killed off; Cena is closing the show and is the number 1 contender while Punk is in an upper-card feud again. Triple H is the only one who has made any changes!

t

They better have a plan for all this. I'll be happy to be completely wrong, but I have my doubts.

• Paid Members
It was dreadful I thought. Everyone knows a sledgehammer would do more than knock you out for a three second pinfall. You dont need it rubbing in your face.

In more ways than one!

I think the best way to salvage all this is to turn Punk heel. It's always where he has been strongest. And that would make no sense because it would have to involved Nash and Ace.

The thing is, everyone despairs over that storyline but there are lots of other good things going on right now.

• Paid Members
In more ways than one!

I think the best way to salvage all this is to turn Punk heel. It's always where he has been strongest. And that would make no sense because it would have to involved Nash and Ace.

which is amazing. he was ridiculously hot not two months ago and now hes basically a heel. I think Trips has to go heel now, but he's turned up made a load of good changes and been abused because ofit. its ngodly stupid.

I wasn't a fan of the show long Alberto Del Rio story, of trying to recruit guys to hurt Cena. Just came across as uninspired.

He reminded me so much of Just Joe(Anyone?) last night the way he was going around stirring shit up and trying to get guys to beat up Cena for him. I actually liked it, i think Del Rio plays the smarmy, cheating, cowardly heel really well but i have to say i'd much prefer a monster heel champion who is just unstopabble and doesn't have to keep resorting to cheap heel tactics to get the win.

HHH/Punk has been WAY too rushed in my opinion.

I know it was born out of necessity due to Nash not being medically cleared but it just seems daft that a few weeks ago HHH was laughing off Punk talking about his marriage and his wife with the line 'Get some new material' to now being SO pissed off about it he's willing to put up the position of C.O.O just so he can 'kick Punk's skinny-fat ass'.

• Paid Members
He reminded me so much of Just Joe(Anyone?) last night the way he was going around stirring shit up and trying to get guys to beat up Cena for him. I actually liked it, i think Del Rio plays the smarmy, cheating, cowardly heel really well but i have to say i'd much prefer a monster heel champion who is just unstopabble and doesn't have to keep resorting to cheap heel tactics to get the win.

I think Joe Legend could do with the shout-out.

I'm enjoying Del Rio as well and his promo was a lot better this week. Interesting to see Tyler Reks and Curt Hawkins hanging around in one segment as well.

By the way, did anyone watch Cena when he was on the apron during the 8 man tag? His mannerisms were great, he really kept the crowd going and he was basically acting like a fan. He seems to be really enjoying his work at the moment, the Punk feud seems to really have reignited him.

For those that missed it (like me), ad for WWE Network...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VghicAq7RY4

The strong inference from that video is that the new network is the ONLY place you'll be able to see WWE - i.e, Raw and Smackdown won't be on other networks any more. That can't be right, surely?

Using Nash's text logic, what would of happened had Cena won?

In the first promo Nash did after SummerSlam, he said that the text read 'Stick the winner for me', therefore I can only assume Cena would have eaten boot each week from that point?

I actually enjoyed RAW last night, it's been the first time for a while that I haven't read the results beforehand and then gone to watch the bits that sounded half-decent. A few storylines progressing nicely, and it's nice to see added focus to the tag division. However, I completely agree with Nash coming off as shit. I know he's seen as the man on this forum, but it's just not happening for me. Whether that's age or booking I don't know, but it does just feel he's trying to keep up with HHH/Punk, and failing thus far.

You didn't read what happened beforehand, yet knew which parts to seek out? :confused:

Read what I wrote back, and fair play to you, it made fuck all sense. I usually read the results on Tuesday morning, and then if I have it recorded or downloaded, find the bits I want to watch. Last night I didn't read the results and watched the show from pillar to post. Any clearer, or should I just give up? :laugh:

Archived