WWE Raw Discussion **SPOILERS**

Mr.Showtime

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Not seen the show but read the spoilers. The thing that seem to jump out as odd to me was this:

Previously on Smackdown, Triple H was able to force Christian to fight Orton in a NO DQ match at Summerslam, yet on this weeks RAW, CM Punk refused to accept the NO DQ stipulation unless Triple H put his COO job on the line.

How the hell does that make sense? Really irritates me. I just wish these sort of rules were more consistent, as it would force the writers / bookers to be more original.

Also not seen the show, but: HHH and Punk have already signed the contract for their match, therefore presumably you'd have to consult with all parties before changing the stipulations.

• Paid Members
I hated the show. It feels like WWE has gone full circle since Punk's supposed 'ground-breaking' promo. The Nash reveal as the phantom texter was just weak, and the whole show was very 'going through the motions' in its execution. The Smackdown cameos already feel rather pointless, and it almost seems as though storylines have been dumped aside apart from Punk/Hunter and Cena/Del Rio.

What? There were loads of storyline running through last night's show, they haven't dumped anything, plus they probably created a new one with Sheamus and Christian. You can't damn a show based on one segment, which admittedly wasn't very good, but at least it played its part in advancing another storyline, that being Johnny Ace and Nash.

In fact, I thought it was a fantastic Raw in places. As mentioned above, the opening segment was shit. For me, I just think that Nash is holding himself back a bit so he doesn't overshadow Punk and because he's not used to holding back, he's struggling a bit. He hasn't just suddenly lost it, he's clearly throttling back.

The women's stuff was the usual shit and I still don't fucking care about any of them. Air Boom's match was functional but a reasonable way of making them look strong.

R-Truth v Punk was an excellent little match and I think they could do even better. Miz and Truth have great chemistry as well. The stipulation for the HHH v Punk match gives it the extra meaning it needed, so there's another storyline advanced.

The Lawler tag match was fine as it went because it gave Ryder a win and TV time and the compilation of his show's clips was a great way of introducing him a bit more to fans who don't know him.

Even Orton v Slater was a cracking little 5 minute match where even Slater got a bit of time to show what he could do. Orton is just fucking amazing at the moment, his mannerisms in the match and his systematic targeting of different body parts was brilliant. What a guy.

The final 8 man tag was cracking. No doubt there will be the usual wank moaning about 'Super Cena' but it worked this time because the two he was left with are bickering partners who are distracted. Almost everyone looked strong aside from probably Morrison. Poor sod. Interesting to see Swagger get two eliminations and almost bag Cena as well.

Some great matches, a good Del Rio / Cena segment, storylines advanced and created - I really enjoyed it.

Using Nash's text logic, what would of happened had Cena won? It seems that WWE writers don't plan more then 2 weeks after the storyline, same with the anonymous GM thing there seems to be no actual plan of who it is and they'll probably reveal that down the line with parts of it making no sense whatsoever.

Ever since Punk did the promo I finally thought they might head in a different direction with Punk as the main guy, but its not changed anything. Cena will still be in the title picture always and winning nearly every single match no matter how ridiculous the odds are. I would of much prefered Punk to have kept the title away from WWE after MITB and have a heel Triple H try and reclaim the belt, instead we're getting Del Rio/Cena which doesn't excite me at all.

Glad Zack Ryder got air time and a promo vid, he's clearly very popular, there was some talk of the Internet title becoming a permanent title in WWE on wwe.com making references to the TV title before it.

• Paid Members

I'll wait until after Nigh of Champions to bitch too much about this Mr. Hs/Punk/Nash thing. My one big gripe with the segment (other than Nash indeed sounding old) was Triple H being the one that gets to finally knock Nash off his mighty perch. Considering Punk is the one that has been powerbombed and all that, if it ends like this (I doubt it, given the way Mr. FE went to party with Nash for the night), it is very lame that Punk never got his revenge. Given the match is a No DQ and features a 'heavy' stip, I do fear this is the blow off and they go to Nash v Mr. Hs, which is baws as the match we all want to see is Nash v Punk.

The biggest hope out of this is one of Punk/Mr. Hs turns heel, as it's not really working out too well. If Triple H was a mega heel and Punk was doing his schtick, he'd be more over, ditto if he was a heel too. The crowd don't know how to react most of the time.

I quite enjoyed the show, for the most part. The crowd was again rubbish though. Orton was the only guy they reacted too and even then it wasn't big. R-Truth was the star of the show again and Cena was a very close second.

I wasn't a fan of the show long Alberto Del Rio story, of trying to recruit guys to hurt Cena. Just came across as uninspired. The Six man was great though.

Heath Slaters boots, why doesn't he use the sharp bits to kick somebody when the ref is distracted or not looking? Those things look like they can kill a man.

K2 and Natalya going at it on commentary was unintentionally funny. K2 is daft and Natalya referred to herself as a "vegetable". Good times.

It did take them months, but they finally made Zack Ryder and his show appear like a big deal. That video package was awesome.

• Paid Members

Dave Meltzer (the king of the Nash hate fan club) had this to say on the Raw Review today:

"THIS ... IS ... NOT ... KEVIN ... NASH'S ... FAULT. Its the booking of Kevin Nash."

I agree with him. Nash is completely different to what he was in TNA. You dont just change your promo style in 10 months. You give a veteran disjointed angles and nonsensical promos and take him out of his comfort zone, and thats what you get. Wrestling is all about playing to someones strengths. If Triple H started cutting promos in the style of the Greenwich Snob again, it was be pretty ridiculous no matter how well he delievers his lines. CM Punk's promos are just as shit. Super Shedder? Taking the piss out of how fake the sledgehammer is? Fucking hell.

Archived