WWE Raw Discussion **SPOILERS**

Mr.Showtime

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Using Nash's text logic, what would of happened had Cena won?

See, this seems to imply to me that Nash knew that Punk was going to win but then that would also mean that HHH planned to help Punk win which makes things even more confusing and not well thought through. I can see Nash costing Trips at NOC, only for Nash to unveil some sort of evil super plan the following night which sees an unlikely alliance of necessitation between HHH and Punk in order to save the company from Nash and Laurenitis (a new spelling every day :() who are putting their weight behind Del Rio as champion. But in reality my fear is it will simply be a case of HHH destroying Punk and that will be that

• Paid Members

I thought the opening segment between Nash/HHH/Punk was car crash. Heard some boring chants starting and i don't blame them weather you think their holding Nash back or not he is awful on the Mic like worst the John Morrison awful. HHH and Punk didn't really stand out either.

Kelly Kelly getting called a Mutt was great.

Loved Del Rio cutting about gathering his amigos. Wonder if Ricardo got to dip a Bella with good old Bertie.

Miz/Truth stole the show for me. I was nearly in tears. Great duo.

The main event was awesome really top notch stuff. Ziggler is just the man for me. Love watching him.

How annoying was the women at front screaming!

Oh and what are Reks and that other Jobber planning?

• Paid Members

While the HHH/Punk storyline doesn't really make much sense and is a bit of a mess it's at least more unpredictable and intriguing than most storylines they have churned out recently. I'm enjoying it for what it is.

Overall I thought Raw was very enjoyable and that everyone except McGullicutty and Otunga came out of the show looking good. Swagger and Ziggler in particular really shined in the main event. I don't understand how anyone can call Alberto boring on this forum, I think the guy is pure solid gold.

But did they really need that Punk/Truth match? Truth & Miz could have done their promos and HHH/Punk could have done their bit backstage like they did last week. That would have given a 7-9 minute opening on the show to use Drew McInytre, Santino Marella, Mark Henry, Daniel Bryan, Justin Gabriel etc. It was just unnecessary.

Just a few comments from me.

Punk/HHH/Nash

I didn't really like the Nash text swerve, assuming all along that it was going to be Steph or Laurinaitis which would have at least made sense. It felt like it was a silly little detour just to surprise everyone, and ended up falling a bit flat. Laurinaitis is obviously still going to be involved somehow, so clearly the culmination of this storyline is a long way off, but it was still a bit weird. The whole thing is really - either HHH ends up being in on it all along, or he ends up vs Laurinaitis surely? And then do we get that stupid moment where HHH and Punk end up teaming? I'm enjoying the insider references, as they do make me laugh, and I at least like the IDEA of Punk's character even if the concept and implementation isn't quite working for me. Booking Punk (a face) against HHH (a 'legend'), while Punk is wrestling against guys like R-Truth is all sending mixed messages really, and I think the crowds are finding it difficult. Are they meant to be behind him or against him?

Air Boom

The sooner they get a real theme the better. I loved Jerishow's one that they ended up with, so I hope this team gets a proper theme eventually. It just gives a team a more serious vibe, and you feel they'll be sticking around for a bit. WWE need to get them some decent tag teams to face though. Don't get me wrong, I love the combination of Miz/Truth, but they're not a proper tag team yet and I highly doubt WWE have any intention of making them into a long term one.

Del Rio

I like his slimey character, I really do. And he can go in the ring, though he hasn't had any huge memorable matches yet. I've read a lot of people don't like him, but I have no problem with him at all. I think his overall package works very well - good in ring ability, slimey bastard personality but can switch to evil in a second, and Ricardo is brilliant.

Divas

The roster isn't deep enough for anyone to believe that Beth and Natalya can turn things around. No one believes it. I think they're both great talents but it's not a storyline that can have any longevity because of who is involved, and knowing what sort of Divas they'll get in the future. Kharma can't return for ages so I don't really know where they're going with it.

Zack Ryder

It's almost like they forgot that they used him when HHH started, and then decided to re-debut him. I loved the video - that's the sort of thing they need to get someone like that over. I mean, sure he's doing popular stuff online, but there's still shitloads of people that won't have a clue what the deal with him is. So showing some of it on a regular basis on TV can't do him any harm at all. The key word is 'regular' though - he has the personality, and he's not bad at all in-ring, but no one will take him seriously just appearing sporadically. I'm not saying he'll be main event talent but there's a place on the regular roster for a guy like him. McGillicutty & Otunga need to disappear and come back when everyone has forgotten them.

Elimination Tag Match

It was good to see a few new faces in the main event - Ziggler definitely deserves to be there, and Swagger by association. Sheamus is growing nicely as a face, and throwing Barrett and Riley in there didn't do them any harm. Morrison seems to be in limbo at the moment with no one really believing he should be going anywhere. Cena had to be kept strong, though it would've been nice to see him eliminated via Del Rio interference (keeping that rolling), and giving someone like Ziggler/Swagger a chance to win. At least Christian is still getting some attention too, and hasn't just dropped to the bottom of the pile. Good match for all involved, and felt quite fresh.

How annoying was the women at front screaming!

I thought she was brilliant, annoying, but brilliant. At one point during the opening segment when Nash and HHH were chatting, she pointed and yelled at Punk and when she got his attention she started rubbing her tits. :laugh:

• Paid Members
Can I also just point out one thing from Raw:

"I got emotional and I touched you. I thought that's what friends do!"

.......I don't know what to say.

Pfft! It's wrestling, pointing at your willy and saying "Suck It!" to another bloke became a 'gimmick' and my mates did at school.

Archived