WWE Raw Discussion **SPOILERS**

Mr.Showtime

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
There's no reason it should, but it does. And has done for years. Going by your post there, you've hated wrestling since the attitude era began and they started doing all the contract signings and regular authority figures?

Stop putting words into my mouth. Just because there is one small aspect I didn't like, dosen't mean I hate wrestling. I love watching wrestling. Right now I think TNA's in ring stuff is great and WWE is fantastic stuff to watch. In fact I'm loving the current Punk / HHH / Nash stuff, seemingly way more than many people on here.

All I said was that I wish wrestling was more consistent. There is nothing wrong with me wanting the TV programs I watch to be consistent and logical, because I love watching wrestling, and when a small nit pick emerges, your damn right I want it highlighted, because I want that amazing show to be utterley perfect as a fan.

Besides there's nothing wrong with contract signings and authority figures. I just prefer a neutral authority figure who makes a decision based on whats fair (e.g. Gorilla Monsoon), as oppose to a authority figure that comes out and says "Hay I hate your face. So I'm going to put you into a match where you can be killed and buried alive on PPV. HOLLA HOLLA."

I mean don't you think it's lazy when a steel cage / hell in a cell / tlc etc match is created simply because the authority figure orders it against the wishes of one of the competitors?

Stop putting words into my mouth. Just because there is one small aspect I didn't like, dosen't mean I hate wrestling. I love watching wrestling. Right now I think TNA's in ring stuff is great and WWE is fantastic stuff to watch. In fact I'm loving the current Punk / HHH / Nash stuff, seemingly way more than many people on here.

Good, I'm glad to hear that.

All I said was that I wish wrestling was more consistent. There is nothing wrong with me wanting the TV programs I watch to be consistent and logical, because I love watching wrestling, and when a small nit pick emerges, your damn right I want it highlighted, because I want that amazing show to be utterley perfect as a fan.

I think that's valid, but it's something that's never been make or break in people enjoying wrestling, surely. A lot of the complaints people make are like that -- little discrepancies and inconsistencies that were happening during the Monday Night Wars, but somehow became a big issue to us after WCW went under.

Besides there's nothing wrong with contract signings and authority figures. I just prefer a neutral authority figure who makes a decision based on whats fair (e.g. Gorilla Monsoon), as oppose to a authority figure that comes out and says "Hay I hate your face. So I'm going to put you into a match where you can be killed and buried alive on PPV. HOLLA HOLLA."

That's the thing, I suppose, the reason for the inconsistency. They want to allow different ways to get to matches. If competitors always had to agree to matches, you'd never have the shock value and drama etc of the GM forcing them into a match. And vice versa, if competitors never had to agree to matches, you're cutting yourself off from storyline avenues.

I mean don't you think it's lazy when a steel cage / hell in a cell / tlc etc match is created simply because the authority figure orders it against the wishes of one of the competitors?

Not necessarily, no. In execution, it often can be, but I don't think it need be. It depends on the circumstances.

Archived