Wrestling Revolution Project

steve rayson

Kickstarter is similar to pledge music isnt it? where people donate money and get merch etc in return.

Emil Sitoci (who?) is the first member of the roster announced.

I like the idea of buying a boxset with a full season of but itll take more than Emil Sitoci for me to part with my money.

Actually, Sitoci is like the 7th guy announced. Colt Cabana. Daivari. Sami Callihan. Kenny Omega. MVP. A few interesting names lined up for it.

I'm massively psyched for this. I've found wrestling incredibly stale as a television entity for years. I'm happy to see something different.

• Paid Members
He's a Dutch (I think) wrestler. He wrestled for wZw a few years ago. Good high-flying and technical talent. A Dutch Pac if you will.

ahh, thought it rang a bell, thats where ive heard the name.

Im interested in this, dont think i understand the concept yet but yeah, we'll see

I've listened to a few interviews with Jeff Katz, and a lot of what he's trying to do are things I've mulled over in the past. I'm a massive fan of having a self-contained 13-episode season, with a definite beginning, middle and end. I love how they're not trying to be 'a new wrestling promotion' and concentrating on it as a television production. I love how it's a self-contained universe that won't mention WWE or other companies, and instead focus on developing their own universe. I love how they're 'casting against type' and having MVP not be MVP. He'll be a new character. I love how they're 'workshopping' characters. It sounds like my cup of tea.

It's definitely an experiment to do this with a wrestling show, but I like what I'm hearing. Very much so.

Sounds a bit like the MTV project. Could be interesting if they get it off the ground. I'd quite like to see something like MLW but with better production and decent ring work.

I enjoyed MLW on The Wrestling Channel at the time, however, having got some of the DVD's recently, it's not aged well at all in my opinion.

I've listened to a few interviews with Jeff Katz, and a lot of what he's trying to do are things I've mulled over in the past. I'm a massive fan of having a self-contained 13-episode season, with a definite beginning, middle and end. I love how they're not trying to be 'a new wrestling promotion' and concentrating on it as a television production. I love how it's a self-contained universe that won't mention WWE or other companies, and instead focus on developing their own universe. I love how they're 'casting against type' and having MVP not be MVP. He'll be a new character. I love how they're 'workshopping' characters. It sounds like my cup of tea.

It's definitely an experiment to do this with a wrestling show, but I like what I'm hearing. Very much so.

I think the MVP thing is more of a copyright in the us thing

• Paid Members

heard about this a few months. Jeff Katz did Snakes on a Motherfucking Plane and the latest X-Men movie. And he's one of the only people daft enough to put Chris Jericho and Christian in real films. He is also known to longtime fans as one of the backstage lads during WCW's 1996 prime. He's got a really annoying voice like Penn Jillette and Paul Heyman. So its not like he's a divy who doesnt know about wrestling.

Cant see it being a "Revolution" or anything. Can see it running for one season and dying on its arse, but hopefully I'm wrong. Would be nice to see a good show. He said its going to be a 90 show and he has all storylines written already, so nothing will be done on the fly.

• Paid Members

Plus of course the beauty is that you don't have to worry about people fucking off midway through an angle, and presumably if everyone knows the full storyline beforehand, you shouldn't get people suddenly deciding they won't job for someone. And theoretically at least there's less risk of injuries fucking things up since you're only relying on people staying healthy for a few days.

It'll be interesting to see if the format helps get round the fact that, short of "best of" comps, most wrestling TV loses its value once its aired and there's not much market for reruns short of ultra-hardcore outlets like WWE 24/7.

Archived